Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Montgomery hand/arm injury

TSO

Update from JLC blog: "Anthony Montgomery was icing his hand after the scrimmage. He had X-rays and was awaiting word on how serious the injury is, although he said it didn't believe it was too serious. He said he hurt it making a tackle. ... "

he'll miss a day or two of camp at worst and could play in the game against the colts if he wanted I bet.

The injuries are bound to happen in training camp and they are due to so many different variables and situations. We see these things and we immediately think, "Oh no, we are in trouble, " but in reality we aren't in that bad of shape. Is Mapu that big of a loss? No, he is pretty much an unproven player. Buzbee is a prospect and Chris Wilson has shown flashes of being good. The only really big loss was Philip Daniels on the DL. Montgomery is still to be determined. Hamstring pulls and little tweeaks here and there aren't that big of a deal. They require some rest but not season ending like what Daniels has. I would rather have these little injuries happen now so they can address them and help prevent them. Having them happen when the season is in progress is the setback. We have enough depth on our team that we can survive some setbacks as long as they aren't too major. DL and OL are the players more likely to have injuries. Just hope that none of the injuries get to the point that the team can't be competitive.

Good god our trainers suck. Let's get rid of Bubba Tyer already. The team was the most injured in the league last year and they can't go a day of camp without someone getting hurt.

Ridiculous.

Injuries are just part of the game. Most of these day-to-day things are little bumps and bruises that wouldn't even keep these guys out for more than a play or two in the regular season. You take extra precautions when its preseason.

1. It's a rough sport, people get injured.

2. Overreaction

3. How is it Bubba's fault that the players get injured?

yeah i always wonder that. I can understand getting mad at trainers over dehydration issues or maybe even cramping, but why get mad at them over broken bones and or tears? It makes no sense.

JLC's blog is saying he broke a bone in his hand.

thankfully we have 6 weeks til our game against the giants.

more than enough time to heal

Good, reasoned post there chow. I agree.

Hopefully Monty will be 100% by then. He's really blossomed into a damn fine interior lineman.

Good god our trainers suck. Let's get rid of Bubba Tyer already. The team was the most injured in the league last year and they can't go a day of camp without someone getting hurt.

Do you even know what the Trainer is responsible for? First the strength and conditioning coaches are blamed and now the trainer. Do you think it may be the players fault for not doing the right things to keep in shape or even hydrated enough to prevent some of these injuries. The more serious injuries, like Daniels, can't always be prevented or accounted for. The trainer is responsible for taping up the players and evaluating how extreme the small injuries are before the team Doctor gets involved. They also give players advice on how to prevent further injury. The trainer, Team Doctor, and strength and conditioning coaches are only there for medical advice and rehabilitation of players to get them back on the field. The positional coaches are the ones in charge of getting the players properly stretched out and warmed up prior to practice. Bubba Tyer isn't the person to blame instead look at the players work ethic and how he keeps himself in shape. If a player comes to camp over his playing weight than he didn't do anything to keep in shape and if he gets injured then is that Bubba Tyer's fault?

Joe Jacoby played with a broken hand once. Had that thing wrapped up so much it was like a club. :laugh:

A small fracture on one of AM's right fingers (I am assuming it was a finger b/c they said it was a "small bone", shouldn't be much of an issue.

JLC's blog is saying he broke a bone in his hand.

thankfully we have 6 weeks til our game against the giants.

more than enough time to heal

Even if the hand isn't fully healed by the start of the season, couldn't they just put one of those massive club casts on and suit him up? Or have those been outlawed?

Joe Jacoby played with a broken hand once. Had that thing wrapped up so much it was like a club. :laugh:

A small fracture on one of AM's right fingers (I am assuming it was a finger b/c they said it was a "small bone", shouldn't be much of an issue.

Didn't Jansen once play with areas broken on both of his hands?

EDIT: He broke both thumbs.

I just saw that. Well, looks like we are getting hit early and frequent. People are saying relax, but Christ. I mean, 3 d-lineman with season ending injuries in the first week of training camp. 3 hamstring injuries. Maybe the severity of the injuries aren't as bad as others but the frequency and total numbers are killing me.

i feel the same way my friend...why won't it just stop happening to us....

didnt Jon Jansen play a few years ago with 2 broken thumbs?

Yes he did!

I know injuries are dissappointing, its part of football people you better get use to it. We still have 7 days until our first preseason game, the first of five may i add. the 3 knee injuries were to a starter and 2 camp fodders, the hamstrings will heal well before the season starts. Montgomery will be fine with a little broken bone, a cast or brace and he plays tomorrow if we had a regular season game.

Archived