Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Montgomery hand/arm injury

TSO

he broke a small bone in his hand, jim zorn said they will wrap it up and it will be fine. The sky is not falling, the world is not ending, he would play this sunday if we had a regular season game. I know high school players who play with broken fingers and small broken bones, its not that big of a deal you guys need to relax just a little bit.

We have had 1 big injury, which is daniels knee and it was completely unpreventable. We will be okay with his replacement and the rookies hamstrings will heal up just fine.

ps. trainers cannot control broken bones, it's a contact sport

Ridiculous.

Injuries are just part of the game. Most of these day-to-day things are little bumps and bruises that wouldn't even keep these guys out for more than a play or two in the regular season. You take extra precautions when its preseason.

because Bubba is a crap trainer, Montgemory's bones are not as strong as they could be

This isn't a big deal. Jansen played with two broken thumbs one year, and he did well enough. Hell, in high school football my sophomore year, I managed to play with a broken wrist all taped up. It was sort of like a club. Of course, I was O-line so it wasn't as useful as compared to someone on the D-line...

Monty will be fine come opening day.

way to go? These are not preventable injuries, most of them aren't even serious injuries. Anybody who has played ANY sport sees these injuries all the time, can we stop this crap where we freak out about every twisted ankle??

I really really sucks that all of these injuries have been happening. Most are minor injuries such as the hamstring's, but it is taking away from them getting practice time, and that is what Devin, Kelly and others need. We will get off to a rough start this year if it takes them longer to learn everything. Lets hope the injuries will stop and are players heal fast because this is getting rediculas!! It's just about to the point where we need to be asking the man above to keeping our team healthy. Because staying healthy is everything in this league, if we stay healthy this year we have a chance to beat anyone, with a banged up team the odds are agaist us.

Go Skins

Injuries happen just part of the game. I can't see this really keeping him out anytime really...Wrap that thing to look like a club. If Jansen could block people with two broken thumsb theres no reason Montgomery couldn't wrap that thing up and get back out there in a week

Not Saying that Montgomery can't play with a wrapped up hand, but i'm not sure why alot of you are comparing this to when Janson played with two broken thumbs. The O-line, and D-line are very different.

Go skins

Exactly. Having to tackle somebody is different than blocking them.

Players are practicing two times a day in the summer heat and getting themselves back into football shape; there always have and always will be minor injuries in TC. If a player sprains his left cuticle and rides off the field in a cart--it only makes sense because if the cart is there, you might as well use it rather than walk 1,000 yards up a hill--some blog will report it and a bunch of fans will fret on the Interweb.

If this were the reg. season, they'd slap a boxing glove cast on Monte's hand and throw him back onto the field.

None of the injuries we've had this TC are serious, other than the Daniels injury, and to a guy who was a longshot to make the reg. roster in the first place.

I hate the Internet during TC.

Not Saying that Montgomery can't play with a wrapped up hand, but i'm not sure why alot of you are comparing this to when Janson played with two broken thumbs. The O-line, and D-line are very different.

Go skins

YUP! O-Linemen arent allowed to grab, D_Linemen need to be able to grab to shed blocks and throw the O-Linemen aside. I played both throughout HS and semi pro.

Archived