Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Pack making exploratory phone calls to trade Favre

praise_gibbs

It's been proven that some players don't work out on certain teams with certain schemes. Archuleta was a beast in St. Louis, Brandon lloyd was good in SF, and TJ duckett was good in Atlanta. Not to mention -Eagles' ****ty recent moves:

Takeo Spikes - Bust

Jevon Kearse - Bust

You haven't had a good draft since 2002

This is what you did with your "Oh so important" draft picks since then:

Kevin Kolb (Traded up/down)

Victor Abiamiri

Stewart Bradley

Tony hunt

CJ Gaddis

Brent Celek

Rashad Barksdale

Nate llaoa

LJ Smith

Winston Justice (Traded Up)

Mike Patterson

Matt Mccoy

Sean Considine

Chris Gocong

Jerome McDougle

Billy McMullen

Jamal Green

Broderick Bunkley

Max Jean-Gilles

Jason Avant (traded up)

Jeremy Bloom

Omar Gaither

Ryan Moat

etc.....

Since then, we have gotten these players with far less draft picks:

Sean Taylor

Chris Cooley

Rocky McIntosh

Laron Landry

Carlos Rogers

Fred Smoot

Jason Campbell

Ladell Betts

Derrick Dockery

Every Player on this list is better than any player on yours. Considerably.

You might see Farve go back to Atlanta, because of 2 things

1. Doesn't want to play in the cold anymore

2. Closer to Mississippi

But he might want to go to a contender.

It would make a good story but they have no WR's. Not to mention no more Algae.

I think his best bet would be Arizona, Carolina, New York Jets, San Fran, Baltimore.

If I had to pick where I would like him to go, it would be Arizona. Bolden and Fitzgerald won't want to leave with a real QB throwing to them. :silly:

My good lord. Do only half of my posts show up or something? How in the world could you be so unable to grasp what I'm saying here?

I've stated, in no uncertain terms, that the Redskins are good at drafting. So, what exactly does this post prove, if I've already acknowledged that the Skins are good at drafting.

And how does the Eagles draft history tie in to this conversation? Is there any tie-in at all?

And the Eagles free agency failures, where's the connection?

It would make a good story but they have no WR's. Not to mention no more Algae.

I think his best bet would be Arizona, Carolina, New York Jets, San Fran, Baltimore.

If I had to pick where I would like him to go, it would be Arizona. Bolden and Fitzgerald won't want to leave with a real QB throwing to them. :silly:

What do you mean, almost every ranking has Roddy White listed better than Santana Moss, LOL!!!!!

Edit: Hopefully you took this as a joke.

I'm going out on a limb here, but they seem to think that poor choices on FAs by the Eagles are comparable to poor trades by the Redskins. As in, Howard (big money FA) = Duckett (not big money, but good draft picks).

I'm with your original premise. 99% that Favre won't play for Skins, but for people to act like Danny is "beyond that" is crazy in my opinion, because he just showed that he will spend picks/money to get what he wants. Like it or hate it, it's just how he is.

I can't see GB sending him anywhere but the AFC. Maybe Baltimore or NYJ?

My good lord. Do only half of my posts show up or something? How in the world could you be so unable to grasp what I'm saying here?

I've stated, in no uncertain terms, that the Redskins are good at drafting. So, what exactly does this post prove, if I've already acknowledged that the Skins are good at drafting.

And how does the Eagles draft history tie in to this conversation? Is there any tie-in at all?

Ok, your point is the fact that Snyder makes dumb/irrational decisions and has not learned from the past.

The point were making is that we believe he has and the Taylor pick up does not resemble much of what he did in the past. Reason being is the timing he picked him up, the reasoning behind it, and the value behind it.

What you have not failed to understand, that we are trying to make you understand, is that every team has done what Snyder has done in the years past. Some work and some don't. The reason why we keep bringing up the Eagles, because that is the team you follow and know about them the most. We are trying to make you understand that your owner has done exactly what Snyder has done in the past (or at least the last 4 years), with the same amount of failures.

So to me that shows that you only know what the media tells you and your not making any judgements on your own. We don't care if you say we draft good or not. What we would like you to understand is, if your going to make statements on Snyder, please look at your own team and see how they have reacted to things and then make a judgement. Otherwise everything your are saying, is really just a rehash of what the media wants the general public to think.

I'd be surprised if he isn't a Redskin. Snyder has showed he didn't really change this offseason, he was just playing dead.

Kind of joking. Kind of serious.

I hope its 90/10. I would be shocked if Favre got traded to the Redskins.

Do I really need to tell you why trading for Jason Taylor is par for the course in the world of Little Dan?

How is it par for the course?

Starting DE in best shape of his life, ready and excited for season

Starting DE goes down for season in the first drill in camp

Snyder goes searching for a replacement, best DE in the NFL happens to be available for not too large a price, gets him

Previous years have gone like:

Snyder spends frivolous amounts of money on biggest names available, regardless of need.

And every team balked at the thought of a 2nd and 6th for a guy who is going to retire in 6 months.

He made a comment that he would retire in a year if he played in Miami. Would you keep playing if there was a youth movement, and you were coming off a 1-15 season? Think about it. Now he has been traded to a contender - I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for 3 or 4 more years, if it means hoisting a lombardi. Because forget Hollywod - that is Jason Taylor's ultimate goal.

I guess I don't see where you are coming from OWU - maybe it was a panic driven move, but TWO DEs went down for the season, so something had to be done. Obviously the earlier the better, as you want your new guys to get the maximum camp time to learn their new system.

I'm with your original premise. 99% that Favre won't play for Skins, but for people to act like Danny is "beyond that" is crazy in my opinion, because he just showed that he will spend picks/money to get what he wants. Like it or hate it, it's just how he is.

Yeah, but what you fail to realize is that Danny could have "gotten what he wanted" months ago.

And every team balked at the thought of a 2nd and 6th for a guy who is going to retire in 6 months.

Wrong. In the reported 3-way trade, the Dolphins were going to get the Saints' 2nd and 5th, send Taylor to the Giants, with the Giants sending Shockey to the Saints. So pretty much the same as the Skins gave up.

Ok, then let me ask you this. Wasn't Gibbs the GM/President during those moves? So shouldn't the blame be on him and not Snyder?

Also, how come we didn't go after Taylor before, when the same offer was on the table?

Also, how come he made sure every coach he interviewed keyed in on developing Jason Campbell for success?

Ok, then let me ask you this. Wasn't Gibbs the GM/President during those moves? So shouldn't the blame be on him and not Snyder?

Also, how come we didn't go after Taylor before, when the same offer was on the table?

Also, how come he made sure every coach he interviewed keyed in on developing Jason Campbell for success?

I don't believe, in spite of what's been reported, that Gibbs had final say.

I believe they DID go after Taylor before, although Vinny called it "doing his due diligence", and Miami was asking for more (like a 1st). Even if it was only a 2nd & 6th, it was most likely too high a price back then, but became more palatible (sp?) because the skins were more desparate.

I don't think the Taylor move a bad move. However, I personally think it a move by a team that is very close to making the SB, and I'm not sold on the skins being that team, although I'm wrong a lot. :)

If Campbell is in fact, struggling, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

We have a qb? So what?

We had a defensive end too....now we have a huge upgrade.

This team's starting rotation can use upgrades at several positions, and I am sure Zorn would love a great qb. :2cents:

Where did this come from?

You have to read the recent threads in the stadium.

A few days ago.....JC said he wasn't happy about his current progress, or lack thereof.

In today's camp report, he wasn't exactly lighting it up.

JimmiJo's thread talks about receivers having to wait for passes.

No one doubts that for this season alone....that Favre is 10x better than JC.

Now Zorn just has to look at the age of our team, and decide if he wants to build for 3 years from now.....or if he wants to make a serious run before guys like Taylor retire.

I don't believe, in spite of what's been reported, that Gibbs had final say.

I believe they DID go after Taylor before, although Vinny called it "doing his due diligence", and Miami was asking for more (like a 1st). Even if it was only a 2nd & 6th, it was most likely too high a price back then, but became more palatible (sp?) because the skins were more desparate.

I don't think the Taylor move a bad move. However, I personally think it a move by a team that is very close to making the SB, and I'm not sold on the skins being that team, although I'm wrong a lot. :)

The problem I have with this, is the fact that you believe the negative the media reports about Snyder, but then you don't believe that Gibbs had final say.

It just seems to me that you want to hate on Snyder instead of believing a person can change.

If Campbell is in fact, struggling, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

We have a qb? So what?

We had a defensive end too....now we have a huge upgrade.

This team's starting rotation can use upgrades at several positions, and I am sure Zorn would love a great qb. :2cents:

Difference of investments. Demetric Evans is not an investment, Campbell is.

If you buy Oracle one day and sell it the next because another stock SEEMS to be better, you will never make any money.

However, if you buy some penny stock and decide to drop that an buy Oracle then, it doesn't matter. You are ok, because you have no major investment into the penny stock.

Comparing apples to oranges here.

I'd be surprised if he isn't a Redskin. Snyder has showed he didn't really change this offseason, he was just playing dead.

Kind of joking. Kind of serious.

I'd go with your "kind of joking" instinct on this one. We made the trade for Taylor because of a catastrophic injury to a starter on Day 1 of camp, and we had the cap room available to make the trade without even restructuring Taylor's deal.

The cap room was set aside for an emergency, and emergency struck. So barring another emergency (I won't even mention the type of emergency I'm thinking of), there will be no Favre. But even if such an emergency were to strike, there's simply no way we'd have the cap room to trade for Favre, now that we got Taylor.

I'd go with your "kind of joking" instinct on this one. We made the trade for Taylor because of a catastrophic injury to a starter on Day 1 of camp, and we had the cap room available to make the trade without even restructuring Taylor's deal.

The cap room was set aside for an emergency, and emergency struck. So barring another emergency (I won't even mention the type of emergency I'm thinking of), there will be no Favre. But even if such an emergency were to strike, there's simply no way we'd have the cap room to trade for Favre, now that we got Taylor.

I would never say never. Renegotiation here, cut there and they could get creative, especially with Farve's contract.

That stuff aside, unless JC goes down, and God I hope not, number 4 is not coming here. And even then, he probably wouldn't.

Difficult to bring in a QB when training camp has already started and get him up to speed even if he is familar with the WCO. He doesn't know the players, coaches or our version of the WCO.

Lastly, why would want to expend that much cap space and create future problems in the cap to sign a 38 year old QB that may not get us to the SB. Because if you sign number 4, SB is your only option.

Archived