Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Pack making exploratory phone calls to trade Favre

praise_gibbs

I'd be surprised if he isn't a Redskin. Snyder has showed he didn't really change this offseason, he was just playing dead.

Kind of joking. Kind of serious.

We don't have the cap room. Even if we restructured his deal and paid him next to nothing, we still won't have the space. The odds of Favre coming here are -4:1

I'd be surprised if he isn't a Redskin. Snyder has showed he didn't really change this offseason, he was just playing dead.

Based on????

I thought that trading picks for more picks and making 10 selections on draft day was different than usual. And don't blurt out JASON TAYLOR because that was a move the team had to make. Perennial pro bowler for a 2nd and a 6th.

The Redskins are ranked as a top 5 team for depth, so don't cry about lack of depth either. Use facts.

Use facts.

Thus marks the first time someone has been accused of arguing without facts prior to actually forming an argument. Interesting.

Do I really need to tell you why trading for Jason Taylor is par for the course in the world of Little Dan?

To Vinny: Just Say No.

Honestly, if JC were still down and out (hadn't returned from his injury) and we had to go into the season with Todd Collins, Colt Brennan, and Derek Devine.. I would be all for a trade for Favre.

However, as we all know, that isn't the case. The Redskins and Favre just does not make any sense.

I can see the Jets (sort of), the Bears and Vikes can use Favre but would need to give up the farm to trade with their rivals. The Eagles would be ironic but sensible. A Delhomme-less Panthers probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Brett Favre in a Cardinals uniform would be completely scary offense wise.

Bolded portion forms your argument: Snyder hasn't changed since 2000.
Thus marks the first time someone has been accused of arguing without facts prior to actually forming an argument. Interesting.

Do I really need to tell you why trading for Jason Taylor is par for the course in the world of Little Dan?

What team in the NFL could afford to lose their starting DE and a backup DE for the year on the first day of the season without being forced to make a move? None. Every team would have made a move. In fact, every team in the NFC East inquired about Taylor on Sunday.

Bolded portion forms your argument: Snyder hasn't changed since 2000.

He hasn't, obviously.

What team in the NFL could afford to lose their starting DE and a backup DE for the year on the first day of the season without being forced to make a move?

None, but others might have looked at a player other than the highest profile name available.

Every team would have made a move. In fact, every team in the NFC East inquired about Taylor on Sunday.

And every team balked at the thought of a 2nd and 6th for a guy who is going to retire in 6 months.

He hasn't, obviously.
Again, based on??? He drafted well the las 2 years.
None, but others might have looked at a player other than the highest profile name available.
Like? Who was available?
And every team balked at the thought of a 2nd and 6th for a guy who is going to retire in 6 months.
Pull your head out of your 4th point of contact. Taylor stated in his press conference he is here for 2 years, the length of his contract.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab-set-1:tab-dl

There is the list of available FA DE's. The list is short and ugly. If this injury to Daniels happened say 6 months ago your point would be valid. However FA period has come and gone and the situation is completely different.

What a cute, factless spin. You've been taking notes from the Brokeback fans I see.

Taylor has publicly and on camera stated that he will play out the remaining 2 years of his contract.

Again, based on??? He drafted well the las 2 years.

Snyder's guys have always drafted pretty well, when they have picks.

Like? Who was available?

Guys get cut every year, catch on with other teams, and, often, make meaningful impact to their new clubs. Teams that don't have panicky owners often use this fact to patch holes created by training camp injuries. And it doesn't cost any draft picks.

Pull your head out of your 4th point of contact. Taylor stated in his press conference he is here for 2 years, the length of his contract.

And maybe he will. Or maybe he'll retire this winter, like he said he planned to do two weeks ago.

As far as being aggressive in getting players to help the Redskins, you are right, he hasn't changed. But I don't see a problem with that. Better that than having a glaring need that you never address.

That being said, I don't see how Favre would make even remote sense for the Redskins, since QB is really not a need right now.

Jason

Guys get cut every year, catch on with other teams, and, often, make meaningful impact to their new clubs. Teams that don't have panicky owners often use this fact to patch holes created by training camp injuries. And it doesn't cost any draft picks.

Considering that after the CBA went into effect a few years ago the 6/1 cuts basically lost any bite that it had. There is also zero incentive for a team to cut a starting caliber player when they can trade one instead.

Care to try again?

Snyder's guys have always drafted pretty well, when they have picks.
Did you miss the part where Snyder stayed quiet in FA and stock piled 10 draft picks? That is 3 more picks than there are rounds. That is a distinct shift from previous patterns.
AGAIN, where do you find an impact FA at the beginning of TC? They aren't out there. This trade doesn't get made if we don't lose 2 DE for the season on day 1. If you want to say that we over-reacted, post some proof. Show us what was available for less.
And maybe he will. Or maybe he'll retire this winter, like he said he planned to do two weeks ago.
He stood in front of the cameras and said he was here to fulfill his contract. You think that maybe he was tired of playing on a rebuilding team? He had 11 sacks on a 1-15 team last year. Now, he is on a team that went to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons.

As far as being aggressive in getting players to help the Redskins, you are right, he hasn't changed.

This defense is one of my favorites. It's so beautiful because, regardless of whether the players Snyder goes after actually do anything, he still gets credit for getting players that help the team. He's a saint, regardless of whether or not his acquisitions actually produce anything.

Do Duckett, Lloyd, and Archuletta fit into his willingness to "get players to help the Redskins"?

That being said, I don't see how Favre would make even remote sense for the Redskins, since QB is really not a need right now.

Agreed, hence the "kind of joking, kind of serious" not on my original post.

Considering that after the CBA went into effect a few years ago the 6/1 cuts basically lost any bite that it had. There is also zero incentive for a team to cut a starting caliber player when they can trade one instead.

Care to try again?

Who said anything about 6/1 cuts? Certainly not me.

I mentioned players cut DURING training camp. You call it scrap heap, though plenty of winning teams use it to augment their rosters in the wake of inevitable training camp injuries.

Do you care to try again?

OWUEagles, its funny how signing the best NAME in Samuel this season is a smart move, but getting the best NAME (according to you) in Taylor is a dumb Snyder move for us.

A need is a need and when you can get a player to help, you do it. Notice how we rejected it when the need was not there?

Did you miss the part where Snyder stayed quiet in FA and stock piled 10 draft picks? That is 3 more picks than there are rounds. That is a distinct shift from previous patterns.

And he had me fooled, until he pulled this move for JT.

AGAIN, where do you find an impact FA at the beginning of TC? They aren't out there. This trade doesn't get made if we don't lose 2 DE for the season on day 1. If you want to say that we over-reacted, post some proof. Show us what was available for less.

Who said it needed to happen at the beginning of camp? Relax a little, wait a few weeks, and see what transpires. It works for plenty of other teams. If you'd like, I'll keep a running tab of players that come available in the next 6 weeks, and then I'll post it for your impressionable eyes.

He stood in front of the cameras and said he was here to fulfill his contract. You think that maybe he was tired of playing on a rebuilding team? He had 11 sacks on a 1-15 team last year. Now, he is on a team that went to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons.

Yes, I think he got tired of playing on a team that was rebuilding. And just like every other team in the NFC East, there is a distinct possibility that the Skins won't be as good as they think they are. If that happens, whose to say he won't be tired yet again?

Who said anything about 6/1 cuts? Certainly not me.

I mentioned players cut DURING training camp. You call it scrap heap, though plenty of winning teams use it to augment their rosters in the wake of inevitable training camp injuries.

Do you care to try again?

For those that don't follow anything but the win and loss column of their own team, 6/1 was the date that teams could previously shed salary cap by dumping a vet player onto the market. With the CBA that was signed a few years ago that is no longer the case. It can be done in 3/1 instead.

When was the last player that was cut DURING camp that you can remember that was worth picking up?

That's what I thought. Your rationale is weak. Teams do NOT cut starting caliber players in camp when they can trade them instead.

Need more schooling?

Archived