Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Pack making exploratory phone calls to trade Favre

praise_gibbs

This defense is one of my favorites. It's so beautiful because, regardless of whether the players Snyder goes after actually do anything, he still gets credit for getting players that help the team. He's a saint, regardless of whether or not his acquisitions actually produce anything.

Do Duckett, Lloyd, and Archuletta fit into his willingness to "get players to help the Redskins"?

Does Kearse, Kevin Curtis, Darren Howard ring a bell?

Not all moves work buddy!

Who said it needed to happen at the beginning of camp? Relax a little, wait a few weeks, and see what transpires. It works for plenty of other teams. If you'd like, I'll keep a running tab of players that come available in the next 6 weeks, and then I'll post it for your impressionable eyes.

Please do!!! Also please tell me how long it took for them to learn the system, become a starter, gel with the team, and understand his role.

Then we can judge if this was smart or not.

Please do!!! Also please tell me how long it took for them to learn the system, become a starter, gel with the team, and understand his role.

Then we can judge if this was smart or not.

Is someone as good as Jason Taylor gonna get cut?

Certainly not.

However, no one gives up 2nd round picks for someone who was cut during camp.

Well, Kevin Curtis worked well. The other two certainly did not. Still not sure why that's relevant.

Maybe because your saying Snyder is back to his old ways when bringing in Arch, Lloyd, etc.

The point is every team does it, Snyder just gets the bad rap for it. I can keep going on with TO, etc. for the moves the Eagles have made.

Certainly not.

Again where is this fantasy of yours about being cut from camp come from? :laugh:

Taylor was going to start for the Fins. Definately was NOT going to be cut.

Certainly not.

Don't you think they were cut for a reason, which is why no one trades for them?

Hey, why don't you do what you offered and compile a list of all DE's that we can get from the cut list who will benefit our team as much as Taylor will for the next 2 years.

Then come back to us and either rub it in our faces or admit you were wrong and go back to being a the ignorant little fan you are.

For those that don't follow anything but the win and loss column of their own team, 6/1 was the date that teams could previously shed salary cap by dumping a vet player onto the market. With the CBA that was signed a few years ago that is no longer the case. It can be done in 3/1 instead.

When was the last player that was cut DURING camp that you can remember that was worth picking up?

That's what I thought. Your rationale is weak. Teams do NOT cut starting caliber players in camp when they can trade them instead.

Need more schooling?

Seriously. I don't know how else to say this.

I am not talking about June 1 cuts.

Don't you think they were cut for a reason, which is why no one trades for them?

Yes, I agree they were cut for a reason and that is exactly why no one trades for them.

Hey, why don't you do what you offered and compile a list of all DE's that we can get from the cut list who will benefit our team as much as Taylor will for the next 2 years.

There won't be any. No such player exists

Then come back to us and either rub it in our faces or admit you were wrong and go back to being a the ignorant little fan you are.

Or you could eventually try to understand the value of a 2nd round pick, and then maybe we could have an intelligent conversation about football.

This defense is one of my favorites. It's so beautiful because, regardless of whether the players Snyder goes after actually do anything, he still gets credit for getting players that help the team. He's a saint, regardless of whether or not his acquisitions actually produce anything.

Do Duckett, Lloyd, and Archuletta fit into his willingness to "get players to help the Redskins"?

Snyder's job is to give his football people the means to make the football decisions needed for the team. From that standpoint, Snyder is a pretty good owner. He wasn't when he was starting out, but he was still getting a feel of how things are done in the NFL.

As for the above errors, those were on the football people he trusted, which goes down to Gibbs and then the guys he trusted to make decisions. Since then, there has been a lot of changes in those decisionmakers.

Jason

I'd be surprised if he isn't a Redskin. Snyder has showed he didn't really change this offseason, he was just playing dead.

Kind of joking. Kind of serious.

That ship salied with the Jason Taylor signing. Whad abou $9M of cap space prior to signing Taylor now we have just inder $1M. Even with a restructure on Taylor we would not be able to get enough space to sign Favre even if we wanted to.

That ship salied with the Jason Taylor signing. Whad abou $9M of cap space prior to signing Taylor now we have just inder $1M. Even with a restructure on Taylor we would not be able to get enough space to sign Favre even if we wanted to.

The Skins never seem to have cap space, and yet they always find a way to bring guys in.

If there's one thing I learned in the last few years, it's that "cash creates cap" is not just a clever slogan. Snyder has proven time and time again that cap space can always be created if necessary.

Or you could eventually try to understand the value of a 2nd round pick, and then maybe we could have an intelligent conversation about football.

Isn't there a stat that there is a 53% chance a 2nd round pick does not make it past there rookie contract? So that is almost a coin flip.

Wasn't Todd Pinkston a 2nd round pick? My point is, while a 2nd rounder holds strong value, it isn't a guarentuee to succeed. Shoot, we all know that from Taylor Jacobs.

So instead of thinking your some god of football knowledge, why not do some research on your own statements, before actually making them.

Oh yea and one more thing, what makes you think the Skins can't trade down again like this past year and get our 2nd rounder back? You know there are plans people make.

Isn't there a stat that there is a 53% chance a 2nd round pick does not make it past there rookie contract? So that is almost a coin flip.

Wasn't Todd Pinkston a 2nd round pick? My point is, while a 2nd rounder holds strong value, it isn't a guarentuee to succeed. Shoot, we all know that from Taylor Jacobs.

So instead of thinking your some god of football knowledge, why not do some research on your own statements, before actually making them.

Did I really need to research the fact that some draft picks don't work out, or can we agree to call that "common knowledge."

Here's a stat... 100% of picks that teams do not have do not work out.

In any case (getting back on topic) I don't really expect Favre to be a Redskin. It wouldn't shock me, though, and I bet if most of you are honest, it wouldn't shock you either.

Here's a stat... 100% of picks that teams do not have do not work out.

In any case (getting back on topic) I don't really expect Favre to be a Redskin. It wouldn't shock me, though, and I bet if most of you are honest, it wouldn't shock you either.

Umm, so lets see, I think Jason Taylor will work out for us for the next two years. So why not look at what your playing in place of that PICK and determine if it works out or not. I am 99.9999% sure thats how EVERY GM in the NFL looks at trading away picks. Maybe your brain can't think that far.

As back to Favre, it should be a dead topic when concerning the Skins.

The best place, IMO, for him (considering not pissing GB off, where he can succeed, etc.) is the NYJ. They have a solid WR corp, a solid defense, a much improved o-line, and play in a bad division (outside of the Pats).

So-so.

Struggling to see the relevance, however.

Its just in addition to the list of Eagles that haven't helped the team that was a reply to your post of the list ot Skins that haven't helped the team.

But if you're looking for relevance to the OP, you all steered off that course a few pages ago.

Yes!

But guess what, so do :

Fletcher, Smoot, Springs, M. Washington, Andre Carter, Randy Thomas, Pete Kendall, Casey Rabach, Sean Suisham, Clinton Portis, Mike Sellers, Jason Taylor, Malcolm Kelly (Via draftday trade), Fred Davis (via draftday trade), Devin Thomas (via draftday trade), Todd Collins, and Todd Wade.

I will even help your side by adding Deion Sanders and Dana Stubblefield... the positive are still way bigger.:laugh:

Yes!

But guess what, so do :

Fletcher, Smoot, Springs, M. Washington, Andre Carter, Randy Thomas, Pete Kendall, Casey Rabach, Sean Suisham, Clinton Portis, Mike Sellers, Jason Taylor, Malcolm Kelly (Via draftday trade), Fred Davis (via draftday trade), Devin Thomas (via draftday trade), Todd Collins, and Todd Wade.

I will even help your side by adding Deion Sanders and Dana Stubblefield... the positive are still way bigger.:laugh:

Stubby wasn't a Danny Boy addition. But OWUEagle won't look at the names that did benefit us, because obviously it makes him look stupid.

:eaglesuck

Stubby wasn't a Danny Boy addition. But OWUEagle won't look at the names that did benefit us, because obviously it makes him look stupid.

:eaglesuck

Yes, certainly I wouldn't do that. Because I haven't given the Skins any credit in here. I didn't say that they draft well, and I didn't say that they've proven able to create cap space in any situation. I didn't say any of those things.

Archived