Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2008 Training Camp - Day 3 (Final)

JimmiJo

If Evans turns out to be a stud, then I don't feel as bad about the trade. Hopefully he has some potential there.

I heard somebody on the radio talking about how the team morale was so low when Daniels and Buzbee went down. Making a move like bringing in Taylor can definately rise the morale more than just relying on backups and watching the waiver wire. Hopefully Vinny wasn't BS-in us when he was praising our DL and what we have there.

this talk about Jason Campbell having recievers waiting on the ball is the exact opposite of what this offense is supposed to be right?

Basically this is a timing offense, the ball should arrive at the location as the receiver arrives, he shouldn't have to wait on it. Take too long and the defense has time to react. This is early in the camp and you would expect that to happen till Jason learns each guys speed and becomes more familiar with the offense.

Basically this is a timing offense, the ball should arrive at the location as the receiver arrives, he shouldn't have to wait on it. Take too long and the defense has time to react. This is early in the camp and you would expect that to happen till Jason learns each guys speed and becomes more familiar with the offense.

Al Saunders offense was the same. He had to throw the ball at a spot before the receivers got there.

If he's not getting it now, I don't know if he ever will.

PM Write Up

It is official, I now like Colt Brennan. Not because he did anything on the field to make me change my mind, but rather because he is such a good interview. He’s vocal, he’s positive, he’s charming, he looks good. Heck, he can stop by my dorm room anytime.

:wtf:

Al Saunders offense was the same. He had to throw the ball at a spot before the receivers got there.

If he's not getting it now, I don't know if he ever will.

It's a bit more complex than that.

Saunders/Gibbs system(s) were alot of 3 to 5 step drops and throwing to a spot 20+ yards down the field if Campbell didn't have to check off.

In the WCO, it's a 3 step drop and fire to a spot 15 yards or less down field where the WR is supposed to be.

The whole feel of the offense is different in that way. Sure it's quicker and you have less time to think about it versus Saunders system where you had a few more seconds for your mind/body to flub up the throw by actually thinking. This is why Zorn has been working on the quickness of Campbell's release. Relax, it's day 2. This is an ongoing process.

anybody see a link to buges interview today? i'd sure love to hear/see it....

No, I didn't post it, the audio is not good. I will try to write something on it this week. I'm sure you will see a story or two from the other writers on it.

How the punting competion going? Any news on Brooks and Frost?

I spoke to Choach Smith briefly today and asked him about that. He said that Frost has really responded to the competition but we'll have to get into some of the teams-only practices and games to see where it goes. Tomorrow afternoon is a teams-only practice.

JJ, a lot of posts have been asking about Erasmus James. Is there any kind of timetable you've heard of for his return to full contact? Thanks.

There's been no specific date given. Coach Zorn did say today that with the acquisition of Taylor, the team can really take their time with him.

I don't think he will be ready week 1.

There's been no specific date given. Coach Zorn did say today that with the acquisition of Taylor, the team can really take their time with him.

I don't think he will be ready week 1.

yeah i was thinking earlier that it would be a good idea to put EJ on the PUP list, in which he should be fully healthy by week 6.

outstanding as usual JimmiJo

however, I think you forgot something...

So the team had a good practice this afternoon. Very businesslike and effective, until 11-on-11s. That’s when folks started banging a little. More on that later…

A tremendous bit of foreshadowing that left us hanging. What happened? You never got to it :(

outstanding as usual JimmiJo

however, I think you forgot something...

A tremendous bit of foreshadowing that left us hanging. What happened? You never got to it :(

HB Blades happened to Clinton Portis. Blades was especially physical today. Oh, and if Landry didn't pull up we may have lost one of our receivers. A couple of times Campbell threw to a guy with a safety bearing down hard.

The line play was a bit rough at times as well.

It's a bit more complex than that.

Saunders/Gibbs system(s) were alot of 3 to 5 step drops and throwing to a spot 20+ yards down the field if Campbell didn't have to check off.

In the WCO, it's a 3 step drop and fire to a spot 15 yards or less down field where the WR is supposed to be.

The whole feel of the offense is different in that way. Sure it's quicker and you have less time to think about it versus Saunders system where you had a few more seconds for your mind/body to flub up the throw by actually thinking. This is why Zorn has been working on the quickness of Campbell's release. Relax, it's day 2. This is an ongoing process.

Thanks for expounding on the JC timing thing Oldskool. It was a concern of mine today but I feel alot more at ease about it now. I just want him to do so well and don't like it when it sounds like he is not progressing.

Hail

HB Blades happened to Clinton Portis. Blades was especially physical today. Oh, and if Landry didn't pull up we may have lost one of our receivers. A couple of times Campbell threw to a guy with a safety bearing down hard.

The line play was a bit rough at times as well.

Thanks. I thought you meant there were scuffles.

Sounds like Jason isn't having the greatest camp so far.

JJ:

:ladiesman :stop: :1stplace: reporting :applause:

:notworthy

:cheers:

I really expected 55 to break into a dance routine :laugh: ; okay, I'll quit :D :fingersx:

Gosh, thanks JJ for the hard work in the heat, bugs and all the other elements to give us the "sneak peak" at Training camp for us "geo" challenged Skins fans:applause: ~ it is "just as if we were there"!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

You rock................

Archived