Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[Retracted] Thoughts on Fred Davis' Disrespect to the Redskins?

ThePreciating

Geez, overreact much?

Now it's disrespectful for him to not walk into the owners office like, 'Uh yessir, Mista Snyder sir, I's be real happy to sign whatever contract you's feel like I should git. I's sho is happy to be a Redskin sir!'

Give me a f'n break.. Camp hasn't started yet. If he's not there Sept. 1st then post this foolishness, until then find a clue.

You don't show "respect" by taking less money than you feel you're worth, or signing contracts that don't benefit you fully. You show respect by how you practice, the amount of dedication you give the team, and by what you do on the field.

Quoted for truth.

I don't care what industry you're in (sports, marketing, trash collecting) you should get a salary conducive to your market value. It's pure economics. Just because some people earn a living from catching a ball doesn't mean they're less entitled to what they're worth.

I personally didn't think the oversleeping incident was a big deal.

However, I cannot believe his agent would allow him to be the last rookie signed after that whole fiasco. We had been doing a great job of getting players who understand that the team is more important than the player. Does Fred Davis not get this, or is his agent incompetent?

If Davis isn't committed to being a Redskin, maybe we need to rethink putting him on our team.

You are assuming alot, aren't you? How do you know that Davis wasn't projected by the FO to be last to settle his contract negoiations?

Chill out!

Ever consider that maybe he wanted to see where Thomas landed, knowing where Kelly was so that he could land in between the two contracts?

If it wasn't this some people on here would be b&moaning about the proximity of the hospitality tents to the practice fields.

I could not be happier that we are two days away from football 24-7 for the next 5 months and we can stop with all this gobbagoo, nonsense and DISRESPECT!

Correction: Six months if you include January!!!!!!!

I actually heard a report that in a recent meeting with all the rookies at Redskins Park, Davis sneezed and didn't cover his mouth. If this doesn't get him cut then I don't know what the NFL is coming to.

I heard that Fred Davis also likes to get his teamates with the old, "What's that on your shirt?", and the nose flick.

What an arrogant punk.

:laugh:

As Bubba pointed out, it probably has not as much to do with Davis or his agent.

It probably has more to do with the Redskin F.O. focusing more on Thomas.

I believe that of the three 2nd round draft choices, it was Kelly and Thomas who were top priority in getting signed.

We will see some 2-TE sets this year, but I don't think we will see a ton of them, which means it will mainly be Cooley out there.

That means they probably felt it was more important to make sure Thomas made it into camp than Davis.

Now that Thomas is signed, they can focus on Davis. :)

As long as Davis doesn't have the Postons representing him, he will be in camp Saturday night or Sunday morning.

True.

In fact, according to JLC, Davis is in D.C, at Redskin Park with Thomas working out.

So the guy isn't slouching somewhere. I think the fact that he is already in D.C. means that his contract is pretty close to being agreed upon. :)

Not too worried about Fred Davis. Before signing, Fred is spending this weekend with his brother, Rip Van Davis. And don't forget about his other passion - acting. Fred has a small part in a local theater production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - he plays "Sleepy". One other thing - Fred is taking part in a sleep-study program over at Georgetown. Fred will sign very soon and when he does, we can celebrate by taking a nap.

However, I cannot believe his agent would allow him to be the last rookie signed after that whole fiasco. We had been doing a great job of getting players who understand that the team is more important than the player. Does Fred Davis not get this, or is his agent incompetent?

If Davis isn't committed to being a Redskin, maybe we need to rethink putting him on our team.

You seriously have too much time on your hands.

Do you realize how many rookies are not signed yet? Davis being the last Skin makes very little difference in the scheme of things. Yes, I'd love to see him signed and ready before camp, but if he is a few days late, he would in no way set any sort of prescient.

But then again, no logic is going to soothe the minds of the drama queens and conspiracy nuts among us. :doh:

you are prolly a little to young to understand...its called business

I think any rookie who oversleeps and is the last remaining figure not to get a deal worked out needs to be cut. Send them to North Korea and ban them from football for life.
I hate Redskins fans.

Is it Sunday yet?

:mad:

I'm not totally sure, but I think your sarcasm meter is on the fritz. :)

I think its a little knee/jerk to say he is disrespecting the redskins by not signing.

However, based on what he has shown the fan base I can make somewhat of a snap judgement and say I see a little Darnarian McCant's or B. Loyd in his personality already. I know my opinion isnt worth much, but the impression i have gotten from him is similer to the impression i got from Darkarian and Lloyd.

We all make a mistake. Damn he oversleep, i am sorry but he was not the first person on earth that oversleep for work. Redskins choose to sign Thomas before him because Fred Davis is not that important to get into camp on time. If you was the GM of the Redskins who will you get sign day before camp Davis or Thomas? I will sign Thomas before Davis myself. Question beside oversleep for one ota, What Darnarian and Lloyd got similer to Davis?

Archived