Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[Retracted] Thoughts on Fred Davis' Disrespect to the Redskins?

ThePreciating

I personally didn't think the oversleeping incident was a big deal.

However, I cannot believe his agent would allow him to be the last rookie signed after that whole fiasco. We had been doing a great job of getting players who understand that the team is more important than the player. Does Fred Davis not get this, or is his agent incompetent?

If Davis isn't committed to being a Redskin, maybe we need to rethink putting him on our team.

EDIT - This was a case of post-before-think. I'll watch that in the future. My apologies to Fred Davis. Quit being late, get your contract signed, and get to work, but my apologies nonetheless. This didn't need to be a thread and was a little foxnewsy.

However, I cannot believe his agent would allow him to be the last rookie signed after that whole fiasco. We had been doing a great job of getting players who understand that the team is more important than the player. Does Fred Davis not get this, or is his agent incompetent?

If Davis isn't committed to being a Redskin, maybe we need to rethink putting him on our team.

you have to be kidding :doh:

i think your worrying too much.....

Davis will be signed by tomorrow or early next week at the latest...

just remember these three words:

TWIN TIGHT ENDS

I know! I want it! The thought of Cooley and Davis just destroying the middle of the field makes my mouth water.

Still, Cooley is a perfect example of a player who wants to be a Redskin. Davis seems to be the player who wants to maximize his money-to-work ratio.

Calm down.........He will be signed, he just happens to be less of a priority than Kelly and Thomas. Not his fault.

:cheers:

Davis will be signed by midnight tonight. I also think his not signing yet has to do with his agent and not with him. He's been here working out for the last week or so.

Even Landry last year stayed in NO until he signed. But Davis has been here.

it was reported the Skin's FO, put Davis on the back burner until getting Thomas signed... expects to be signed by tomorrow.

he's been in DC for sometime now

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/07/devin_thomas_agrees_to_terms.html

The team has been confident all along that it would get all picks signed before practice begins Sunday (players report Saturday). Davis and Thomas had been among a group of players already in town, working out daily at Redskins Park, and eager to report.

Talks with Davis were not as advanced as the Thomas negotiations at the start of the week, but ample time remains to complete a deal. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have a full slate of picks on the field by Sunday morning.

Ever consider that maybe he wanted to see where Thomas landed, knowing where Kelly was so that he could land in between the two contracts?

If it wasn't this some people on here would be b&moaning about the proximity of the hospitality tents to the practice fields.

I could not be happier that we are two days away from football 24-7 for the next 5 months and we can stop with all this gobbagoo, nonsense and DISRESPECT!

I think its a little knee/jerk to say he is disrespecting the redskins by not signing.

However, based on what he has shown the fan base I can make somewhat of a snap judgement and say I see a little Darnarian McCant's or B. Loyd in his personality already. I know my opinion isnt worth much, but the impression i have gotten from him is similer to the impression i got from Darkarian and Lloyd.

How about these five...

.......WHO CAN'T BLOCK WORTH ****.

who you talking about? Cooley is a very good down field blocker, and Buges has helped him to be a pretty good line blocker... good enough to be used to stay in and help Heyer and Wade last year.

Are you somehow actively involved in negotiations and know more than we do, because otherwise you just assumed a whole lot of bad things about someone you dont know.

Do you know ANYTHING about the situation? Is it the Skins that didnt want to get the deal done yet? You do realize that there are multiple parties in a negotiation right?

Id hate to think you treat people you meet personally like this. Its generally not a good idea to assume the worst about somebody without having any facts.

You don't show "respect" by taking less money than you feel you're worth, or signing contracts that don't benefit you fully. You show respect by how you practice, the amount of dedication you give the team, and by what you do on the field.

In other words, which would be worse: Davis signing early but missing a few more practices due to oversleeping?...Or Davis signing at the very last minute, but never missing even a second of practice from here on out?

(sighs)

:thud:

Archived