Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aussie teen arrested for wearing a T-Shirt

skinsfan07

The people who defend this kid wearing this to school also have to defend the guy who had the confederate flag on his truck.

Oh I did. :laugh:

(And just for the record, I'm not defending "the kid." I'm defending the kid's right to be an idiot.)

you can defend or not however you want bro, i get where youre going with it.

and I know you did..:cheers:

Yeah, and did you notice how I took something that was offensive to me, accepted his right to do it, AND refrained from callling those who disagree any names?

I could sooooo never be a liberal. :laugh:

The people who defend this kid wearing this to school also have to defend the guy who had the confederate flag on his truck.

How many organized terrorist groups have used that shirt as their symbol?

(BTW, I agree with the rest of your post. That one sentence just jumped out from the rest.)

(BTW, I agree with the rest of your post. That one sentence just jumped out from the rest.)

So crosses are also offensive because of their misuse by the same group?

(Or are they offensive because of their use by the original group.)

(Or is this argument bunk?) :)

Yeah, and did you notice how I took something that was offensive to me, accepted his right to do it, AND refrained from callling those who disagree any names?

I could sooooo never be a liberal. :laugh:

Sure you could. You just were. (OK, maybe you were libertarian. But sometimes it's close.)

Actually I was noticing that I agreed with one of your previous posts.

(I'll confess I've just skipped to the end of this thread. From some of the comments, I'm glad I did.)

Where should I send your ACLU card?

Burning crosses? Absolutely.

Did the Romans burn them? Or just use them to, you know, kill often innocent people?

Hell, using the logic of modern Christians, it should be blacks out there proudly hanging nooses. :laugh:

Did the Romans burn them? Or just use them to, you know, kill often innocent people?

Why do you always assume that the Romans are all evil and that the rebels were all innocent? Don't you have any respect for government? Every one of them deserved it, and more.

(Actually, I couldn't figure out your point. But I figured a joke might work.)

I'm not quite sure, but I believe you can be arrested in the US for using vulgar language in a public place... If a cop wanted to press the issue.

:2cents:

As a parent I would not want my 5 year old trying to sound out vulgar words on a shirt someone is wearing, blaring out of a car, or anything of the sort.

I can only control whats in my house, but to go in public and see this type of stuff is distrubing. IMO.

Why do you always assume that the Romans are all evil and that the rebels were all innocent? Don't you have any respect for government? Every one of them deserved it, and more.

(Actually, I couldn't figure out your point. But I figured a joke might work.)

I getcha.

I guess I was just trying to make the point that the misuse of a symbol doesn't necessarily contaminate irreversably.

I don't own a confederate flag (which is what I think you were referenceing.) But I do know for an absolute fact that not every confederate flag owner is a racist. And frankly, respect for other people's opinions is the only reason I don't own one.

Crosses have been misused plenty throughout history. (Like I said, there original intent was a "misuse.") But it's meaning to me is unswayed by anyone else's opinion.

Christians adopted the vehicle of our Savior's death as our symbol. (No intention to preach.) How ironic is that? That's where the "blacks should proudly hang nooses" idea came from.

OK, I think I get your point, now. (Although I don't recall any Black "saviors" being hanged.)

And, you can't say that the Romans "misused" the Christian's symbol, since the Romans used it before it was a Christian symbol. (In fact, before Christians.)

OK, I think I get your point, now. (Although I don't recall any Black "saviors" being hanged.)

And, you can't say that the Romans "misused" the Christian's symbol, since the Romans used it before it was a Christian symbol. (In fact, before Christians.)

Yeah, like I said, about original intent.

(Which makes the noose thing all the more relevant.)

And like I said, I wasn't trying to preach. Yes, I consider Jesus my savior, but innocents hanging, no matter the vehicle or the person is pretty heinous.

the romans were one of the biggest terror organizations of their time. how do you think they "conquered" so many lands and people? and if you think that they didnt have slaves you are gravely wrong my friend.

i figured you would agree with me too and I am glad you see my point for the most part. i just think if you are going to be mad at one thing you should be universally mad.

ha i remember when I was a big fan of Cradle of Filth and I saw that shirt. My first reaction was "people would buy that?" I am no Christian but I think wearing something like that crosses the line. Anything that displays in big huge letters something that is suggestive is probably not a good idea.

IMO, anybody with the slightest bit of respect and dignity should have a problem with that shirt.

Why exactly?

I have more of a problem with those who spout their religious beliefs on anyone who they might think cares.

I have never cared for religion, and never will.

So how many people think this shirt is acceptable in public but have openly condemned Westboro Baptist Church?

I feel pretty much the same way about both.

I think any open, vulgar, unsolicited display of disrespect is worthy of condemnation.

Archived