Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joining the millitary?

RIPSean

If thats what you want to call it. I just found it by mistake and thought it was intresting and I wanted somebody else to see it so I can get their opinion. The crazy part about it is that it makes sense and if its true then we all are screwed.
dude, on this website, zietgeist is a dead horse that has been beaten, brutalized, decapitated, dragged through the streets, and pulverized into oblivian.

I just thought it was crazy as **** that all. You seen it?
we've discussed this movie and debated it so much that nobody wants to acknowledge its exsistance.

yeah I started watching it and stopped after about 15 minutes. its absolutly ridiculous. the guy who made it doesn't cite his sources, uses anecdotal evidence, and uses questionable sources when he does cite them. classic psudohistorical bull****

we've discussed this movie and debated it so much that nobody wants to acknowledge its exsistance.

yeah I started watching it and stopped after about 15 minutes. its absolutly ridiculous. the guy who made it doesn't cite his sources, uses anecdotal evidence, and uses questionable sources when he does cite them. classic psudohistorical bull****

Psh

What do you know?

You're just another slave!

:doh:

come join me and my brother rats at VMI this year, I gaurentee you its what you're looking for: 4 years of military training, a college degree, and a comission in any armed servive.

Unless you go into the Marine Corps. Then you still have to go to OCS :silly:

Anyway, you know what's worse than being a POG? Being a POG but doing a grunt's job!

Then again, it might be kind of funny when I get back.

Hey POG! Come here

POG? Where's your CAR? Oh . . . thats right . . . you don't have one. See ya around gruntface! :D :laugh:

I just dont like how they do things.

That's quite obvious.

I don't really care that you pass along your experiences to the kid. I just want him to understand that your attitiude stems from the fact that you couldn't cut it. Hence your need to to woo us with stories of your world travels, exotic imports and exports and your romping with the beautiful people.

If it's to be believed.

You are however, correct in one (and only one thing in this thread) You are tecnically property while you are in the military. Thus the initials "G.I." or "Government Issue"

That's what you are when you are on active duty

That being said, you should be glad I wasn't your NCOIC. With your attitude (Which I'm sure was just absolutely sterling during your brief time on active duty), I would have hit you not with just one count of Destruction of Government property for the wall, but an additional count of Destruction of Government property for busting up you hand.

And you would have served out your initial committment, under my extra special attention.

But that's just because I'm a dick. At least to can't cut's.

LOL, I'm really tired as hell. I been up all night promoting this server that I'm currently using. I was using the skills that I learned from the army to get this server back up and running. So I guess I can look at that as a millitary positive. As for me I have over ten acres of land in virgina that my grandmother left me, a house in Maryland, one currently being bulit in brazil and I know how to make my own money. Not bad for a moron :)

Since you have such a successful business, moron, why don't you give us your website???

Any legitimate business today has a website for the public to visit.

I will not hold my breath...

I missed the start of this thread so here is my :2cents: on page 1,000,000 where everything has already been discussed, and the thread has probably devolved to a fight between a few people or something (as most threads do).

The military can be a positive thing for many young men, giving them opportunities to make their lives better. I have not personally served in the military so I can't speak from experience but my father joined the USMC in 1972, served as a corpsman, and was honorably discharged in 1977. By all accounts my father was an intelligent young man who suffered from a difficult upbringing and home life. He had flunked out of Montgomery College here in Maryland, and was on the fast track to working at Giant for 40 years. The Marines gave him what he needed to become the man he is today, a partner for a well known government contractor in McLean with a master's degree.

My dad talks about some bad experiences he had in the Marines, however he always reitorates that it was an overall good experience for him, and was something that really helped him put his life on track. He however, never saw combat.

My grandfather was a rifleman in the 8th Infantry division during WW2 after enlisting in the Army in 1941. He arrived in Europe on July 4th 1944, and fought on the front lines for just over 9 months before being wounded on April 9th, 1945 by German MG42 fire and being captured as a POW. Though he was never proud of his combat experience, and never took any pleasure in recounting events that transpired, he told me some of the more horrific things that he witnessed during the war. My grandfather always told me to be weary of the military because they don't value your life at all. While riding in the car one day and talking about the subject he started shouting "they send you off to fight and possibly die to achieve their goals, not yours...your goal is to stay alive but they don't give a **** about that, they don't care about you and they don't care about your life, you're an expendable animal to them, and they could give a **** if you get slaughtered like an animal."

His sentiments aren't unfounded for his timeperiod and specific combat. He fought in the Hurtgen forest, which had the most American casualties of any battle in Europe overall (totaling around 30,000). The reason most people don't know about it is because American lives were ungloriously wasted on a strategically unimportant stretch of forest along the Siegfried line over a period of roughly 2 and a half months. His time in the Army did pay for his education after leaving the service in 1947, but he clearly suffered a great deal of mental anguish and trauma from his experiences that never went away.

I believe that times have changed since then however- wars are fought by much different methods today, and usually against inferior opponets as opposed to the Wehrmacht. The military has acknowledged the need for soldiers to be psychologically counseled, and the problems that plagued returning war veterans in WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam, are finally being addressed in the manner they should have been. Today's military seems to treat it's soldiers far better than in the past, but I would say to be cautious with the military regardless...

One thing that my grandfather and dad both agreed on was the brainwashing that went on in the military for nationalistic agendas, desensitization to destructive acts, etc. which have always been a part of the military and always will be. Whether you want to buy into the idea that our country's **** doesn't stink or not is a personal choice as is whether or not you want to be the type of person that perhaps loses the value of human life, as my grandfather told me his fellow soldiers often did. I look at the military as I do religion- something that is necessary or a great tool to some people to better themselves, something that isn't necessary or helpful to everybody, and something that can take over someone's life and turn you into a complete lunatic. It all depends on what kind of a person you are. It can be great, it can be horrible, or it may just not be that necessary for you, the only person who can tell is you.

If thats what you want to call it. I just found it by mistake and thought it was intresting and I wanted somebody else to see it so I can get their opinion. The crazy part about it is that it makes sense and if its true then we all are screwed.

You've spammed this into like three different threads, now, so you must really want a response. Here's mine from an earlier thread. I focus on part one, the "Jesus myth" nonsense because that's the area I'm most familiar with (Jesus-era history being one of my interests), but parts two and three are just as ridiculous, from everything I've read.

Don't keep your mind so open that your brain falls out. ;)

Seriously, I'm not suggesting that you accept or reject anything out of hand, no matter who is telling you something.

It is not, however, closed minded to reject a film like Zeitgeist. It's riddled with errors. Its "experts" are not. It is a joke.

There's nothing noble or laudable about choosing to believe something so provably false. Try reading a few scholars in the fields of New Testament history, ancient astronomy, anthropology.

Here... I'll start you off. I quote such experts in my posts here, here, here, here, here.

I'm definitely biased, but notice that the people I'm quoting are actually experts in their field, and people like Bart Ehrman (an agnostic who has argued against the historicity of the Ressurection of Jesus in debates) and John Dominic Crossan (who once theorized that Jesus's tomb was empty because the corpse was eaten by wild dogs). There are quotes by astronomers, historians, archeologists, and so on. And, it's not just the people I'm quoting. They also note that the academic community as a whole, virtually without exception, hold to the same views.

Zeitgeist is a joke, and the reason it doesn't cite any scholars is that it can't. Be open-minded about something that might actually be true.

I did serve for a short time then I quit (honorably). Once my cousin had part of his spine crushed during an exercise and was treated like **** afterwards it woke me up. I was so mad about the whole thing I punched a wall and broke my hand in three places. Then to add insult I was written up for destruction of goverment property. It's like this, as soon as a ho cant make any more money for a pimp shes kicked to the curb. The millitary is the same way. Plus I dont want to put myself in harms way because somebody has a problem with somebody else. I cant see my mother cleaning my ass, or changing my **** bag because I took part in somebody else disagreement.

That is usually the case with any job. Plus being in the military he qualified for a VA entitlement after his injury which im going to guess unless he was only in a year or 2 or he was found negligant of causing teh mishap was probably better than a 50 percent disabilty Tax free

LOL yeah I'm in the process of receiving some heavy meds myself. This is some heavy stuff to deal with.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Let me PM you my address so you can send me some, it feels weird agreeing with GoSkins. I have to go read one of his anti-Obama threads to restore equilibrium to my universe.

Archived