Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joining the millitary?

RIPSean

I did punch the wall like a dumbass you are completely right. But for someone to tell me that I was destructing goverment property cut me real deep. At that point I realize that I was a slave. I wrote several letters to congressman and to members of the senate and I was able to get discharged. I'm not bashing the millitary, I feel its better things to do in life then fighting wars and killing.

Of course there are better things to do, but someone has to do it.

Without the men and women of the armed forces, we'd be ****ed plain and simple.

You can look at it as being slavery but they're paid and they're doing something that helps the entire country (which includes the soldiers themselves). GIs have to be kept in line in a 'slave' fashion if thats how you want to look at it because thats how military works, discipline is very important...you listen to your commanding officer no matter what.

They're pretty damn successful if you haven't noticed.

I did punch the wall like a dumbass you are completely right. But for someone to tell me that I was destructing goverment property cut me real deep. At that point I realize that I was a slave. I wrote several letters to congressman and to members of the senate and I was able to get discharged. I'm not bashing the millitary, I feel its better things to do in life then fighting wars and killing.

bwaaaaaaaahahahahahaa...

you know who gets in trouble for destroying gov property by doing dumb **** like that?

people who are dirtbags.

you can get in trouble for tattoos as well but that rarely ever happens. sounds to me like you were just not cut out to be in the military and couldnt hack.

how funny, you not only hurt your hand like a fool but they got you fair and square and you are just bitter over it.

bwaaaaaaaahahahahahaa...

you know who gets in trouble for destroying gov property by doing dumb **** like that?

people who are dirtbags.

you can get in trouble for tattoos as well but that rarely ever happens. sounds to me like you were just not cut out to be in the military and couldnt hack.

how funny, you not only hurt your hand like a fool but they got you fair and square and you are just bitter over it.

I'm the first to admit that I dont have a millitary mind. I rebel against anything and anyone that trys to control me. I'm glad that I didnt stay in the army I might have ended up like my cousin.

I'm the first to admit that I dont have a millitary mind. I rebel against anything and anyone that trys to control me. I'm glad that I didnt stay in the army I might have ended up like my cousin.

why in the hell would you join the military if you dont like anyone controlling you? thats like saying you are a vegan but moving to a farm..

Thanks for all the HELPFUL answers guys.

Dont do it. Live the life you want to live. Dont become someone pawn. If you ever need any advice or you want to hook up just PM me. I really would like for you to meet my cousin and he can tell you about his experience with the millitary.

join dude, go see the world.

When I went in in 92 I went as far away from DC as I could get. They will ALWAYS bring you home no matter what. When I picked orders I saw a place called "Guam". I had never heard of that place before and could barely find it on a map but I went and I am so glad I did. From there I flew to Bali, Saipan, and every time a carrier was pulling out I tried to get my butt on it.

Do it while you are young and have no responsibilities!! :2cents:

and thank you for doing it for us..:cheers:

why in the hell would you join the military if you dont like anyone controlling you? thats like saying you are a vegan but moving to a farm..

or a virgin applying for a job in brothel.

Heck, I'm the first to admit I'm a cake eating civilian and the military is not the road for me. I've also seen horrible things volunteering to support our wounded and ill. People discharged straight into homelessness. A woman who was declared dead, denied aid and medical support, and when they finally decided she was alive tried to send her back to Iraq. If you'd spend five minutes with this woman you'd know that she was beyond the point of mental collapse and at imminent risk of suicide.

Still, overall, I have been immensly impressed with the people I've met who've served with their notion of self-sacrifice, duty, and respect. Most of them are good folks trying to do right. And the military itself as an institution is also a valuable and good one. Like any bureaucrasy though, they allow really stupid things to happen and there are too many who follow rules versus common sense. But that doesn't diminish the overall good or importance or the effort of this institution.

Finally, they were wise enough not to want me. That alone proves that there is such a thing as military intelligence.

Do it if thats what you want. I have nothing but respect for that.

But remember that we're at war, and will be for a long time whether it be in Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran. From what I understand, nothing can prepare you for it.

Not trying to discourage you, but its always good to know what you're getting in to.

Be safe, and God Bless.

I'm a pacifist, and believe armed forces around the world as the source of most problems. That being said, we won't have an utopia any time soon, so I am thankful for the people who do sign up for the military and fight for w/e it is they think they are fighting for. Unfortunately most of the people I know have only joined the military because they didn't really have any other respectable options on the table for them, because they barely passed HS. I'm betting thats not the case most of the time, but it just created a stigma in my mind.

Personally, if you have the ability to go into a decent school, try that for two years, explore career options and see if its what you want. If you do join the military there is no guarantee that you'll get to even ponder other career options. If you do join, good luck bro, keep safe.

Dont do it. Live the life you want to live. Dont become someone pawn. If you ever need any advice or you want to hook up just PM me. I really would like for you to meet my cousin and he can tell you about his experience with the millitary.

And how long were you in the Army? What was your MOS?

As i read through this thread i find i funny that you think that just because you go in the military that you are doomed to work for somebody else and be poor the rest of your life. That is not the case. Being in the military prepares you for life. You learn to be a leader. When i got out i started working for a company that i am now the co-owner of.

And how long were you in the Army? What was your MOS?

As i read through this thread i find i funny that you think that just because you go in the military that you are doomed to work for somebody else and be poor the rest of your life. That is not the case. Being in the military prepares you for life. You learn to be a leader. When i got out i started working for a company that i am now the co-owner of.

I was in the army for two years. My MOS was electronic device repair. The army just wasnt for me. I'm glad that I got out before all this BS started.

I think its a bad idea to join as well. Its to dangerous to be in the Marines right now. I will say though that I have no experience in the military but my brother is in boot camp right now and oddly enough, broke his hand as well. He is getting a medical discharge (from what I understand through my mom) and will be back home when his hand is all healed up. Nasty break and lots of rehab.

I kinda agree with King in a sense but I got lucky with my company so if I was a little younger with no other career aspirations and no connections, I might consider joining the military. Probaly not though but I can see why people do it. Def not the Marines though. Wouldnt want to end up like this guy.....

I think its a bad idea to join as well. Its to dangerous to be in the Marines right now. I will say though that I have no experience in the military but my brother is in boot camp right now and oddly enough, broke his hand as well. He is getting a medical discharge (from what I understand through my mom) and will be back home when his hand is all healed up. Nasty break and lots of rehab.

I kinda agree with King in a sense but I got lucky with my company so if I was a little younger with no other career aspirations and no connections, I would probaly consider joining the military. Def not the Marines though. Wouldnt want to end up like this guy.....

(well my atempt of humor has just been flushed down the toilet since I dont know how to post elis drunk gomer pic)

I cant see the pic, paste it.

Its not for everybody, especially right now.

I kinda agree with King in a sense but I got lucky with my company so if I was a little younger with no other career aspirations and no connections, I would probaly consider joining the military. Def not the Marines though. Wouldnt want to end up like this guy.....

end up like drunk eli?

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/13660.html

Wounded soldiers asked to return signing bonuses

Posted November 20th, 2007 at 12:40 pm Share This | Spotlight | Permalink

When Jordan Fox was serving in Iraq, his mother helped organize Operation Pittsburgh Pride, which sends thousands of care packages to U.S. troops from his hometown, which prompted a personal “thank you” from the White House. When Fox was seriously injured in Iraq, the president sent what appeared to be personal note, expressing his concerns to the Fox family.

But more recently, Fox received a different piece of correspondence from the Bush administration.

The U.S. Military is demanding that thousands of wounded service personnel give back signing bonuses because they are unable to serve out their commitments.

To get people to sign up, the military gives enlistment bonuses up to $30,000 in some cases.

Now men and women who have lost arms, legs, eyesight, hearing and can no longer serve are being ordered to pay some of that money back.

Click the link to read the rest. As soon as you cant fight anymore thay kick you to the curb.

My words will likely be lost here.

I have heard that Navy SEAL training is the most difficult.

http://navy.com/about/navylife/onduty/seals/becomingaseal/

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

By law, only men are eligible to apply for the SEAL program. After joining the Navy, you must:

Meet specific eyesight requirements.

Meet minimum Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) score.

Be 28 years old or younger.

Be a U.S. citizen.

Pass a diving physical examination.

Complete the Physical Screening Test Requirements. The program is as follows:

Swim 500 Yards within 12:30

Rest 10:00

42 push-ups within 2:00

Rest 2:00

50 sit-ups within 2:00

Rest 2:00

6 pull-ups (no time limit)

Rest 10:00

1.5 mile run within 11:00

Pass a Basic Underwater Demolition/SEALS (BUD/S) physical fitness screening test in Boot Camp and in the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) in order to qualify for a SEAL contract.

STEP 1: CHOOSE THE SEAL RATING (SO)

STEP 2: TRAINING

BUD/S Indoctrination: (5 weeks — Coronado, CA)

BUD/S Phase I: Physical conditioning (2 months — Coronado, CA)

BUD/S Phase II: Diving (2 months — Coronado, CA)

BUD/S Phase III: Weapons, demolitions and small unit tactics (2 months — Coronado, CA)

Parachute Jump School: (1 month — Ft. Benning, GA)

Advanced Sea, Air and Land Training: (5 months — Coronado, CA)

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Archived