Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict a Thread (2008)

robotfire

Example:

Title: "Bring Back Gibbs!!!"

OP: "Zorn is ruining everreything! I've never seen such a sorry performance out of out offense!!! 2BAD The Danny and his lapdog Vinny have made the Redskins their personal piggybank, and I'm never going to another game until they're gone!"

Context: We lost a close one OR we won because it was a defensive battle. This person hated Gibbs the whole time, too, but will complain no matter what. Also, this is the first loss or close win of the season.

"Trade Portis!"

OP: "Portis has lost a step. We should trade him while he still has value. Plus he's injury prone. We should have traded Portis this past offseason and traded up to draft McFadden."

Context: Portis gets 49 yards on 12 carries in the first half of the first game. The thread is created at halftime.

"We need to get Cowher!"

OP: "Zorn is hopeless! Why didn't he go for it on 4th and 3? He's playing scared like Gibbs always did! Please, Danny, go hire Cowher!!"

Context: The Skins were behind 10-7 late in the first half of the first game, and Zorn decides to kick a field goal on 4th and 3. The thread is created at halftime.

"We Should Have Signed CJ"

OP: "Say what you will, but if CJ were on this team we'd be up 24-10 by now! Everyone was all excited about the draft, but I said at the time that CJ would have been the better pick up. I hope you guys are happy!"

Context: Devin Thomas drops one ball after being hit hard right at the moment the ball arrives, and another pass sails just over his fingertips. He has 2 catches for 26 yards in the 2nd quarter of the first game. The thread is created at halftime.

Offseason next year: Predict a Thread (2009)

;)

:laugh: Well played.

Title: Jason Campbell must go!

Content: He blew the game! Do you think Peyton Manning would do that? It's okay to make a mistake, but you're nobody in this league if you don't not make mistakes at the critical times. When the game is on the line, Campbell can't blow it like that! I'm DONE with Campbell. Bring in Brennan!

New Signature as of ten seconds after the game: Let the Colt run free as our new starter!

Situation: Jason Campbell played the game of his life, scoring 40 points. The defense was so terrible that they allowed 46 points. The OP is upset that one of Campbell's passes was an interception.

Title: I'm officially done as a fan of this team.

Content: I refuse to devote any more time or invest any more emotion into this team that does nothing but break my heart. It's time to move on and find a new hobby that doesn't bring me so much pain. Good-bye to all of you. It's been fun.

Situation: Poster makes his annual resignation statement. He will post a similar statement again in 2009.

Title: FedEx Field Sucks

Content: Man our stadium is awful. The jumbotrons are tiny and worn out and pixelated litebrite screens. Metro is too far away. Parking sucks. Traffic sucks. Food sucks, too expensive. Beer too expensive. Too many seats. Too many opposing fans. Too many people not standing. Somebody told me to sit down. It's not loud enough. Security sucks. Too many fights. Too much cursing. Couldnt see anything from my obstructed view seat. Danny never should've built this POS (*even though he didn't :) )

Situation: Every other game.

Title: Start Betts!!!!

OP: I am sick and tire of seeing CP dancing around the whole and running into the backs of our blockers. We NEED to start Ladale Betts! He runs with more power and hits the wholes harderer!

Context: CP has a rough first half against a team with a good D-line. The previous week Ladell Betts fared well against a terrible D-line. The poster has selective memory and has managed to block out all memories of CPs success and LBs failures and will continue to insist LB is the next Barry Sanders, until Betts gets some legitimate PT. Then the poster will start calling for Sellers and/or Rock to get more reps.

SIde Note: I intentionally misspelled "hole," "harder," and "Ladell." The original poster of this thread will also misspell them, just not intentionally.

why are all of these threads so negative?

Because the majority of the threads started ARE negative once the season starts. The slightest of problems brings out the cyanide pills and Chicken Littles, and usually each one demands that their pessimistic viewpoints be given an audience.

Check out the game day thread for the first game of last season, and start reading the posts that were written at halftime when we were down by 4 points. Four points. One guy on there actually said "I wish Cam Cameron was our coach!", simply because Cameron went for it on 4th down right before the half and got a late TD. Then check out the posts and threads after Gibbs decided to kick a field goal in OT to win the game...there was some serious ****ing going on, you'd never have guessed Gibbs' decision WON the game.

By and large, we're impatient, illogical and emotional when it comes to the Redskins on game day lol :laugh:...

:laugh: Well played.

Title: Jason Campbell must go!

Content: He blew the game! Do you think Peyton Manning would do that? It's okay to make a mistake, but you're nobody in this league if you don't not make mistakes at the critical times. When the game is on the line, Campbell can't blow it like that! I'm DONE with Campbell. Bring in Brennan!

New Signature as of ten seconds after the game: Let the Colt run free as our new starter!

Situation: Jason Campbell played the game of his life, scoring 40 points. The defense was so terrible that they allowed 46 points. The OP is upset that one of Campbell's passes was an interception.

GregPeck will start this thread. :D

Archived