Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rock Gods are smiling upon us!!

Commander PK

yeah i think they best they offered was master and ride the lightening...... i losst respect for them when i heard lars call themselves rock n roll whores...... they will do anything for money........

this was said by LARS.......... proof of the sell out...

nine-inch-nails-20060714013356365.jpg

NIN

You might like this pic I took when I saw them a few years ago:

l_065d9f35938a23ad00f0ce19ec234ec3.jpg

Iron Maiden's "A matter of life or death" is just plain awesome... I know it came out a year and a half ago, but it is damn good.

Blows away Brave New World and Dance of Death, in a different ball park.

If you like Maiden from Number of the beast to Seventh Son, if you haven't heard AMOLOD, you are missing out.

The Devin Townsend Band (Put on some headphones and take journey)

Opeth (Octaves galore, but they make it sound different and original even after many albums)

The DTB owns. Vampira is a killer tune :laugh:

I am shocked that Opeth chose Porcelain Heart as the single off the album to be honest. It is a good tune, but definitely not the best on the album. I wish more people would realize how original and awesome that band is.

I am shocked that Opeth chose Porcelain Heart as the single off the album to be honest. It is a good tune, but definitely not the best on the album. I wish more people would realize how original and awesome that band is.

I really like Porcelain Heart but my favorite is Lotus Eater. I love that song!! It is close to being one of my favorite Opeth tunes. I love the blast beats with the clean vocals.

I think Porcelain Heart was the right choice for a single because it has the heavy guitars and the clean vocals. They will sell more albums with that song than any of the others.

I really like Porcelain Heart but my favorite is Lotus Eater. I love that song!! It is close to being one of my favorite Opeth tunes. I love the blast beats with the clean vocals.

I think Porcelain Heart was the right choice for a single because it has the heavy guitars and the clean vocals. They will sell more albums with that song than any of the others.

I think you're forgetting about Burden. ;)

Metallica's "Death Magnetic" will be out in September!

:cheers:

Indeed. I am not a big fan, but i did see them at Bonnaroo a couple of weeks back. I thought they kicked #$@%! It was the first time they played live in the U.S. in a long time.

Yes Whitesnake was never really Metal but their new album is terrific hard rock. And Def Leppards first two albums were metal and the second High N dry is considered a classic metal album. But overall Metal and hard rock is coming back..........................With A Vengence!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Priests new cd is horrible. Almost every song is a ballad or close to it. there are only a few songs that I would consider Priest or even close to being Metal.

The only thing I am happy about is the cd provided me a free ticket to see them in concert.

Eh, I'm obviously a huge Priest fan, and I don't think it's horrible. I hate to say this, but I will say Nostradamus is mildly dissapointing. What "Nostradamus" is suffering from was the raised expectations of Priest's fan base. I think the average Priest fan was hoping and expecting more of the "Painkiller" sound, but instead got a psuedo "Sad Wings of Destiny" sound, i.e. mid to late 70's metal with keyboards thrown in. Once I got past the fact that it wasn't what I was expecting or hoping for...I listened to it again, and their are parts I actually like. Rob Halford sings his ass off, and Tipton and Downing tone down the break neck soloing for more musicality. Priest took a chance, and tried something different for them, but is "Nostradamus" going to go down as one of their classic albums? Probably not.

As for the Metal Masters tour, I've already bought my tickets to see these guys. They are legends and always will be. Seeing Heaven and Hell, Testament, and Motorhead is just a nice bonus. :)

You need to listen to anything motley crue has done after theatre of pain..

sooooooooo...girls girls girls is metal?

same ol situation is metal?

please dont speak to me about motley crue like i havent owned everything they put out since too fast for love. :)

Eh, I'm obviously a huge Priest fan, and I don't think it's horrible. I hate to say this, but I will say Nostradamus is mildly dissapointing. What "Nostradamus" is suffering from was the raised expectations of Priest's fan base. I think the average Priest fan was hoping and expecting more of the "Painkiller" sound, but instead got a psuedo "Sad Wings of Destiny" sound, i.e. mid to late 70's metal with keyboards thrown in. Once I got past the fact that it wasn't what I was expecting or hoping for...I listened to it again, and their are parts I actually like. Rob Halford sings his ass off, and Tipton and Downing tone down the break neck soloing for more musicality. Priest took a chance, and tried something different for them, but is "Nostradamus" going to go down as one of their classic albums? Probably not.

As for the Metal Masters tour, I've already bought my tickets to see these guys. They are legends and always will be. Seeing Heaven and Hell, Testament, and Motorhead is just a nice bonus. :)

I agree with the assesment. However you are right, it didn't live up to expectations. When a band has a sound and style and comes out with an album which strays from it, fans will be disappointed.

They expect a hard rockin CD and nos didn't come through! The lucky thing is they probably won't play but a few of the hard songs from the cd. If they don't I expect a disappointing concert.

:( I feel your pain

I remember when ..and justice for all came out I waited up until 4AM to see the video for One. it was so exciting and I was so happy to see them on TV.

I even shaved my head around the sides and back and left the top long like James did. But now I just lower my head and have to force myself to admit that I used to idolize that guy. :(

To be fair to Metallica though Mike, do you still look like you did in 1986? People gotta change bro. I'm not saying that they have to change as much as Metallica did in the 90's, but their is no way they could have made Master of Puppets over and over and over again. If they come back full circle with "Death Magnetic" think of how awesome that's going to be for people that have been waiting for this since 1991? :)

As some have mentioned, "Watershed" by Opeth is an awesome album.

As for Dragonforce, I like a couple of songs by them, but I just can't respect them after hearing this live performance by them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMIQ1jfJm0

The guitars sound awful, they can't even play their own songs live.

As for Metallica's "Death Magnetic," I can't wait for it. I've been keeping up with it through Mission: Metallica and the brief snippets I've heard sound good to me. Also, the people have previewed it have praised it a lot as well.

I remember when ..and justice for all came out I waited up until 4AM to see the video for One. it was so exciting and I was so happy to see them on TV.

I even shaved my head around the sides and back and left the top long like James did. But now I just lower my head and have to force myself to admit that I used to idolize that guy. :(

They're never going to put out another album like ...And Justice for All or Master but the one saving grace of Metallica is that they still put on a pretty nasty live show and play a lot of the old tunes.

To be fair to Metallica though Mike, do you still look like you did in 1986? People gotta change bro. I'm not saying that they have to change as much as Metallica did in the 90's, but their is no way they could have made Master of Puppets over and over and over again. If they come back full circle with "Death Magnetic" think of how awesome that's going to be for people that have been waiting for this since 1991? :)

Testament never soiled their dignity like Metallicrap did...and they came from exactly the same roots.

I saw them with the original line-up last year and they destroyed like it was 1986 all over again.

Lars & Co just straight sold out, plain and simple. They couldn't write a decent thrash song now if they tried. People that are waiting for that are going to be sad for a long time. Cliff ain't coming back.

Scott Ian looks the same and plays the same.

Tom Araya looks the same and plays the same.

Dave Mustaine looks the same.....

They make their living off of being metal, right? Metal is NOT whining with a counselor while you sit around with Bob Rock and let him tell you that "I never really thought of Jason as a member of the band anyways". I would have asked him who the hell he thought he was to question a band that worked well before he came along.

And I may not LOOK the same as I did in 86, but I still have the same views on my music and listen to the same style. That didnt sell out. The thing isnt so much that they cut their hair, but is Kirk wearing a suit? Some kind of Monster was metal?

if they went up against jethro tull today for best metal I would have to vote for the fairy with the flute. :laugh:

I'll check em out before I get my hopes up.

And yeah a lot of us bruthas love The Metal. :D

Suicidal Tendencies.

Bad Brains

Living Colour (rock)

I stopped being shocked at seeing bruthas at metal shows after PE and Anthrax got together in 91. It is like seeing a white boy at a Lil Wayne show. You KNOW he must love the music and scene to be there so good on him..

Archived