Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rock Gods are smiling upon us!!

Commander PK

Has anybody else noticed the plethora of new Rock/Metal Albums coming out lately. EVERYBODY has a new album. It's a good time to be a fan of Rock and Metal. The best part, is most, if not all of the albums are turning out to be great. Here are some notables.

Whitesnake: Good to be Bad (If your a fan of old school blues rock, pick this up. Great, GREAT Album)

Motley Crue: Saints of Los Angeles (EASILY, their best since Dr. Feelgood, maybe even better than that one)

Judas Priest: Nostradamus (Metal Opera, that won't appeal to all their fans, but I think it's pretty cool)

Disturbed: Indestructable (Their best work yet, and it's self-produced. Maybe that's why. Indestructable and and Inside the Fire have great hooks. No duds on this album)

3 Doors Down: 3 Doors Down (Another great album from these guys)

Shinedown: The Sound of Madness (What I've heard on their myspace page sounds great)

Dokken: Lightning Strikes Again (Old School guys, great new album)

Def Leppard: Songs from the Sparkle Lounge (Haven't bought this one, but my friends say it's pretty good. Not a really big Leppard fan)

Rock has/is coming back in a big way. This guy isn't complaining. \m/ :) \m/

Disturbed is metal. You don't believe me check out their new album. It's more geared toward old school than anything they have done.

Don't tell me you only like Metal bands that have cookie monster vocals? :)

hell no, but i dont like them when they wear more makeup then the woman I am going to see them with either.

disturbed isnt metal but they are a hell of a lot closer then def leppard. :2cents:

personally i am into thrash and black metal. not satan metal, but dark, chug chugging guitars and a voice like corey taylor or phil anselmo.

Disturbed is metal. You don't believe me check out their new album. It's more geared toward old school than anything they have done.

the sickness is the only disturbed album worth a damn..... that said..... ill check out the rest....

i hope rock is back...... but i fear this is just some old bands trying to cash in on the 30 somethings nostalgia........... happens EVERY generation,,,,,

I really dig Lamb of God and Shadows Fall, outside of that most of the growling vocal stuff grows old quick.

Now Iron Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death was great, but that was out about a year and a 1/2 ago.

bruce dickinson walks that line with me. his vocals are great and they are legends, but sometimes i cant listen to him squeal like a girl.

and you should listen to down. good stuff there.

The make up thing was just what was going on at that time. The glam thing has been over. These groups are just releasing good music now. Whitesnake was NEVER glam or hair metal. They are blues rockers. The Tawney Kitaen video stuff, was just a NICE way of bringing their music to the public.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Cookie Monster vocals...hilarious.

bruce dickinson walks that line with me. his vocals are great and they are legends, but sometimes i cant listen to him squeal like a girl.

and you should listen to down. good stuff there.

I loved Pantera, and I have heard some Down. My brother is big into their albums. I have the two Superjoint albums, and I like Phil and all, but I think those albums are marginal at best. I can't get into two minute, lightning fast scream fests, when you can't understand a word the guy is saying.

metallica sux ass........ buncha sellouts!!

I heard Rick Rubin sat them down and said "imagine you werent Metallica and you were trying to make it in the industry against a band like Metallica. How would you sound?"

all words so far are that this album should be back to old school. i REALLY wish but I doubt it too. :(

all I can hear is.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tick tick tick tock tock tock tock. :laugh:

Whitesnake was NEVER glam or hair metal. They are blues rockers. .

you are seriously joking right? whitesnake not a hair band? wtf..... where were you somewhere about 87? their self titled album and their follow up ..... i dont think coverdale could have used more aquanet if he had 2 heads........... but seriously.... prior to that.... whitesnake was not a hair band ..... slide it in rocked

metallica sux ass........ buncha sellouts!!

Well, this new one sounds more metal than anything they have done since Justice. Check out Mission:Metallica.com for a slight preview.

Everybody that's heard their new stuff, has said it's going to be a pleasant surprise for the old school fans.

I heard Rick Rubin sat them down and said "imagine you werent Metallica and you were trying to make it in the industry against a band like Metallica. How would you sound?"

all words so far are that this album should be back to old school. i REALLY wish but I doubt it too. :(

all I can hear is.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tick tick tick tock tock tock tock. :laugh:

im not crossing my fingers......

you are seriously joking right? whitesnake not a hair band? wtf..... where were you somewhere about 87? their self titled album and their follow up ..... i dont think coverdale could have used more aquanet if he had 2 heads........... but seriously.... prior to that.... whitesnake was not a hair band ..... slide it in rocked

2387807908_916e5563ca_o.jpg

Cinderella and Ratt, now that was glam metal. Motley was glam. Whitesnake may have had the hair (who didn't in the 80's?, even Thrashers had long hair) but their was always more substance to their stuff.

If you listen to Whitesnake:1987 (As it is pretty much known now) there is some VERY hard rock on that album. Take out "Is this Love," which was obviously the "single" put on their to sell the album to girls, and their is some wicked shredding from John Sykes, and most of the songs are harder edged.

See Still of the Night, Bad Boys, Children of the Night, Crying in the Rain

Cinderella and Ratt, now that was glam metal. Motley was glam. Whitesnake may have had the hair (who didn't in the 80's?, even Thrashers had long hair) but their was always more substance to their stuff.

If you listen to Whitesnake:1987 (As it is pretty much known now) there is some VERY hard rock on that album. Take out "Is this Love," which was obviously the "single" put on their to sell the album to girls, and their is some wicked shredding from John Sykes, and most of the songs are harder edged.

See Still of the Night, Bad Boys, Children of the Night, Crying in the Rain

sorry but we will agree to disagree i guess..... i dont think you got too much more sell out hair band than what whitesnake did there at the end.... they were a band of integrity BEFORE 87

how bout some KROKUS???

Archived