Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rock Gods are smiling upon us!!

Commander PK

Holy crap, that's pretty sweet! :laugh: I'm going to have to buy these guys album now. They sound like a mix of a lot of different styles though

Funk, Metal, Blues

yup thought you might like ..... grasshoppa....

2 albums....

LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT I

LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT II

its dudes from DREAM THEATRE

gotta love the classic ****..... seen these guys in 84.....backed up kiss...... out did kiss believe it or not.... from a musicians view anyway.....

my first show ever was Kiss in 78. I was 4 and my mom took me.

Kiss are great showmen but they arent metal and hardly even good musicians. outside of Ace I dont really consider anything they do above average on their instruments.

original lineup that is..

my first show ever was Kiss in 78. I was 4 and my mom took me.

Kiss are great showmen but they arent metal and hardly even good musicians. outside of Ace I dont really consider anything they do above average on their instruments.

original lineup that is..

We can definately agree on this. I don't really like Kiss in any of their incarnations. Gene Simmons would sell his mother if he thought he could make a profit.

gotta love the classic ****..... seen these guys in 84.....backed up kiss...... out did kiss believe it or not.... from a musicians view anyway.....

On the album Rob Halford was the one doing the scream at the beginning. Just FYI.

Extremely talented guitarists who overdo themselves. There songs get boring after 2 album listens except some that stick for a while.

Best power metal out there: Dream Evil.

I hate Dragonforce. They record some of their guitar parts at a slow pace and speed them up on the album. Just too fake. Other bands probably do it too, but I don't know who.

Motley Crue will be here Tuesday!!

saw Crue and it seems to me like Vince cant catch his breath any more. He just seems to always miss the first part of the verse. The band though are as tight if not tighter then ever.

Tommy Lee is top 3 rock drummers of my time. I said ROCK, not METAL.

saw Crue and it seems to me like Vince cant catch his breath any more. He just seems to always miss the first part of the verse. The band though are as tight if not tighter then ever.

Tommy Lee is top 3 rock drummers of my time. I said ROCK, not METAL.

I'm just glad I'm finally seeing these guys. I love the lineup too. Each of the opening bands is solid and nice guys.

I hate Dragonforce. They record some of their guitar parts at a slow pace and speed them up on the album. Just too fake.

Precisely. Love how everyone worships their guitarists. Not that great to be honest.

But Dream Evil is a kick ass power metal band. Children of the Night!!!!! Probably my fav. DE tune.

I heard Rick Rubin sat them down and said "imagine you werent Metallica and you were trying to make it in the industry against a band like Metallica. How would you sound?"

all words so far are that this album should be back to old school. i REALLY wish but I doubt it too. :(

all I can hear is.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tick tick tick tock tock tock tock. :laugh:

If Rubin's involved and puts his magic touch on like he did with Slayer's best album "Reign in Blood" there is hope. If not, Metallica is finished with metal fans!

Priests new cd is horrible. Almost every song is a ballad or close to it. there are only a few songs that I would consider Priest or even close to being Metal.

The only thing I am happy about is the cd provided me a free ticket to see them in concert.

this is my band...

vintage-metallica-cliff-burton.jpg

this is what MTV did to my band..

metallica.jpg

It broke my heart around 95 for good finally. :(

Metallica is a prime example of how a band can over think their stuff and come out worse than before.

after their black album, they left my radar. I've checked out samples of other more recent material and can't stomach it. IMO their masterpiece album was Master of puppets.

Metallica is a prime example of how a band can over think their stuff and come out worse than before.

after their black album, they left my radar. I've checked out samples of other more recent material and can't stomach it. IMO their masterpiece album was Master of puppets.

yeah i think they best they offered was master and ride the lightening...... i losst respect for them when i heard lars call themselves rock n roll whores...... they will do anything for money........

this was said by LARS.......... proof of the sell out...

nine-inch-nails-20060714013356365.jpg

NIN

someone mentioned Alice Cooper. He made a guest appearance as a singer in one of my bands' latest album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHWDW14agGE

and as i mentioned earlier, Edguy has a new album coming out as well. Their singer, Tobias Sammet, started the band I mentioned just above this one as a side project. For those who don't know Edguy, here's a sample of their work (this is the first song of theirs i heard and I was hooked):

Dragonforce is so overrated in my opinion. Those guys are not that good. All of their albums sound the same. However, sometimes they are fun to watch in concert.

The thing that is killing a lot of metal bands or bands in general is technology. You have programs like Pro Tools and many other programs that people are using to make their albums sound perfect. They speed things up. Instead of recording a second chorus they just copy and paste their perfect chorus to other parts of the song. The albums are too perfect these days.

Technology is taking a lot of human element out of making music. It is just cheaper, more time efficient, and you can make a perfect album with it.

Some good somewhat newer metal bands that I listen to today are:

The Devin Townsend Band (Put on some headphones and take journey)

Opeth (Octaves galore, but they make it sound different and original even after many albums)

God Forbid (not original, but these guys can play! Their last two albums have killed all of the other At the Gates and In Flames wannabees. Including Shadows Fall!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0273mpIw6F4

Mastodon (I don't know what to say about these guys. Different sums it up.)

Down (Lynard Skynard on steroids)

Soilent Green (A different kind of thrash I guess. Don't know how to label them, but they are heavy and give you that N.O. sludge sound. I saw someone labeled them Swampcore) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9xiSOfbmTs

For death metal: Nile are the kings right now! These guys are friggin awesome and give a different twist to the genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64I1I169N0&feature=related

If you like Nile's atmosphere then check out Karl Sanders Saurian Meditation. It is awesome!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hj0e5cpUYs&feature=related

Archived