Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which UDFA are you rooting for the most?

Thinking Skins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Oh and I think that either Wade or Fabini does NOT make the team....right now I don't think Wade makes it.

I agree, especially with Wade. He had his chance last year and was beaten out by an UDFA playing out of position as a rookie. I don't believe it's out of the realm of possibility for this to happen again this year. It's all about seizing opportunities and I believe Wade's already let his slip by.

Of course, I could be talking out of my hinder here and he was only replaced due to injury last year.

I do believe, however, that Fabini will be kept around since he really came on at the end of last year and earned Buges' trust. Plus, he's as versatile as anybody on the bench, which you need.

Should be an interesting preseason, to say the very least.

I agree, especially with Wade. He had his chance last year and was beaten out by an UDFA playing out of position as a rookie. I don't believe it's out of the realm of possibility for this to happen again this year. It's all about seizing opportunities and I believe Wade's already let his slip by.

Of course, I could be talking out of my hinder here and he was only replaced due to injury last year.

I do believe, however, that Fabini will be kept around since he really came on at the end of last year and earned Buges' trust. Plus, he's as versatile as anybody on the bench, which you need.

Should be an interesting preseason, to say the very least.

i agree i think wade lost his chance when Heyer out performed him.

I root for the underdog. I watched Dorian Smith in college and he was a freak. The lack of college experience is going against him (one year as a full time starter). He did make all conference first team in that one year though.

And you thought that Evans was in danger because of guys like Mapu!

I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but I still don't think Evans is a lock to make the team. I had Mapu beating out Alexander and Bochetti. But Evans is still competing with Dorian Smith, Wilson, and Buzbee to say the least.

I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but I still don't think Evans is a lock to make the team. I had Mapu beating out Alexander and Bochetti. But Evans is still competing with Dorian Smith, Wilson, and Buzbee to say the least.

Evans is a lock making this squad, until we got a real stud added to this squad

I said Crummey. I think he would have been a mid-round pick without the injuries. The talent is there. I just hope he stays healthy and he could be a nice pickup.

I find it interesting that the top two choices are O-Lineman. I guess after Heyer last year, we see that these guys can turn into solid contributors.

I'm pulling for Kyle DeVan © and Andrew Crummey (OL). I gave my vote to DeVan.

Curmmey will be kept but I suspect he will not be on the starting squad. I strongly suspect Crummey will be stashed away on IR to let his legs heal.

For some reason, I think DeVan is going to show the coaches that he has the goods to be a pro-level backup center and guard if necessary. He'll probably wind up on the practice squad, this season and worked in over the next couple of seasons I like DeVan's toughness -- and think he might be this season's Lorenzo Alexander. And we really need a real center should Rabach get injured.

My exact thoughts. Im really hesistant on dumping the youthful depth we have for old vets. Im afraid we will let go or a combination of Brown, Crummey, DeVan and Clark and they will catch on elsewhere and be really good. I'd say dump Wade and Fabini. They only have a few years left in them anyway. As far as Gant, im a strong pusher for him to stay. Something about him is catching my eye. He has to be very intelligent because he went to St. Olaf and he has ties to Chris Meidt. Cant wait to see him in preseason!

You have some very good points throughout this thread TML but I think this is the most significant one here.

First, I would be blown away if Brown gets cut, he's my shoe-in pick. I would hope that Crummey and DeVan both make it to either PS or IR but chances are that maybe one will get cut. Not both though.

Second, Wade is gone. But this is where it gets interesting. Do we keep Fabini, who is a solid back-up with only a few years left, or do we cut him to sign these rookie UDFA's and get 'em coached up by Buge's while he is still here. I say that we cut Fabini and take the chance on 2 or 3 of these guys. Let Buge's coach them as he did Heyer and in the mean time we cross our fingers that our vets remain healthy. We wouldn't have to cross them for long.

Let us not forget that Heyer did a damn good job for us last year as a rookie with just minimal coaching by Bugal. The man is a grandmaster. We have so much potential talent here in this pool that we can't let it slip to another team. Just one year under Buge's tutelage will have these guys head and shoulders above next years 3rd rounders and we can just draft 'D' in 09.

Hail

I root for the underdog. I watched Dorian Smith in college and he was a freak. The lack of college experience is going against him (one year as a starter). He did make all conference first team in that one year though.

didnt know that thanks for the info :applause:

You have some very good points throughout this thread TML but I think this is the most significant one here.

First, I would be blown away if Brown gets cut, he's my shoe-in pick. I would hope that Crummey and DeVan both make it to either PS or IR but chances are that maybe one will get cut. Not both though.

Second, Wade is gone. But this is where it gets interesting. Do we keep Fabini, who is a solid back-up with only a few years left, or do we cut him to sign these rookie UDFA's and get 'em coached up by Buge's while he is still here. I say that we cut Fabini and take the chance on 2 or 3 of these guys. Let Buge's coach them as he did Heyer and in the mean time we cross our fingers that our vets remain healthy. We wouldn't have to cross them for long.

Let us not forget that Heyer did a damn good job for us last year as a rookie with just minimal coaching by Bugal. The man is a grandmaster. We have so much potential talent here in this pool that we can't let it slip to another team. Just one year under Buge's tutelage will have these guys head and shoulders above next years 3rd rounders and we can just draft 'D' in 09.

Hail

why keep wade and fabini who only have a few years left and dump a rookie who has talent and have them go somewhere else and be a star. i understand they dont have experience but how else do you get it without playing.

I keep hearing good things about Gatewood's pass-rushing ability. If we could use him situationally a la Chris Clemons, it'd be a big help for our woeful D-line.

i wouldnt say our D Line is woeful anymore. we have some youth and potential. id say we are looking up.

Hail

This is a good point . Fabini is a good back up but Buges in't going to be here for ever and you have Alexander and Heyer who have some game experience . I think back up OL is going to be an interesting one to watch . I am wondering which position gets squeezed though . Normally we would carry

3 QB (Campbell, Collins, ?)

3 RB (Portis, Betts, Rock)

1FB (Sellers)

3TE (Cooley, Davis, Yoda)

10 OL (Samuels, Thomas, Kendell, Rabach, Jansen, Heyer, Alexander, Fabini, Rienheart , ?)

5 WR (Moss, ARE, Kelly, Thomas)

10 DL (Daniels, Griffin, Montgomery, Golston, Carter, Wilson, ?,?,?,?)

9 DB (Rogers, Springs, Smoot, Landry, Doughty, Tryon, Torrnece, Schweigert, Moore)

6 LB (McIntosh, Fletcher, Washinton, Blades, Cambell, ?)

1LS (Albright)

1P (Brooks)

1K (Suisam)

It is possible that we need more than 1 FB in the WCO, it is possible with Rogers injury we have to carry more DB and given Zorns offensive background more than 5 WRs .

At the margin, lack of depth was why the we missed the playoffs in 2004. I am convinced that we would have at least gone to the championship if Thomas doesn't go down in late 2005. During the era of the hogs, our worst seasons came when our offensive line was weakened for long periods by injury. Even last year, the early loss of Jansen and Thomas changed how we played offense for the whole year. I am convinced that we need depth now and youth on the offensive lines for the future. I would like to see all of our UDFA o-linemen excel (along with our our one oline draft pick).

This is a good point . Fabini is a good back up but Buges in't going to be here for ever and you have Alexander and Heyer who have some game experience . I think back up OL is going to be an interesting one to watch . I am wondering which position gets squeezed though . Normally we would carry

3 QB (Campbell, Collins, ?)

3 RB (Portis, Betts, Rock)

1FB (Sellers)

3TE (Cooley, Davis, Yoda)

10 OL (Samuels, Thomas, Kendell, Rabach, Jansen, Heyer, Alexander, Fabini, Rienheart , ?)

5 WR (Moss, ARE, Kelly, Thomas)

10 DL (Daniels, Griffin, Montgomery, Golston, Carter, Wilson, ?,?,?,?)

9 DB (Rogers, Springs, Smoot, Landry, Doughty, Tryon, Torrnece, Schweigert, Moore)

6 LB (McIntosh, Fletcher, Washinton, Blades, Cambell, ?)

1LS (Albright)

1P (Brooks)

1K (Suisam)

It is possible that we need more than 1 FB in the WCO, it is possible with Rogers injury we have to carry more DB and given Zorns offensive background more than 5 WRs .

I don't think Alexander makes it as an offensive lineman. I hear he's been playing DL in camps, and with Mapu being released, maybe they have hopes that he can provide inside pressure. Then according to your roster we have spots for both Brown and Crummey.

But I think its more of a question of do we keep 9 or 10 OL vs 5 or 6 WR or 9 or 10 DL or even 5 or 6 LBs? I think when it gets to number crunching like this, we may keep 10 OL just to make sure we keep Brown and Crummey (if both are as good as I'm hearing they are), and have one less at another position. Honestly, I could see Crummey being the cause of the release of Mix.

• 2 weeks later...
When I first saw the list of UDFA the Redskins signed I was most pleased by seeing Brown's name. I think is the only lock of the group.

I will be rooting for all of them. I will be keeping a close eye on DeVan © and Richardson (CB) who with a decent showing could easily find the practice squad.

Is it too late for me to change from Devan to Crummey?;)

Is it too late for me to change from Devan to Crummey?;)

I'm a tad bit surprised DeVan was released before training camp, but I guess they didn't see the potential there. Maybe they'll bring him back if Jansen doesn't look too good at center? Or maybe Jansen looked so good in minicamps that they figured they could let him go.

Archived