Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which UDFA are you rooting for the most?

Thinking Skins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I couldn't find much on him. I do wonder what he brings to the table. We only haqve so many spots on the practice squad, but maybe he's fighting for one of those (or maybe he can become the next Mix/Espy/etc of tall WRs who the fans love.

He played with our Offensive Assistant Chris Meidt at St. Olaf. Their school requires a lot of intelligence to get in. I'd love to stash him on the PS and when Thrash is done he can battle for his spot. Having a young group like Thomas, Kelly and Gant could be very good for us in the future. Not saying Gant is as good as Thomas and Kelly but he is a small school project and could be a spark if given the chance.

I would have to say that there are probably only two locks on this list,Brown and Crummey. However, with the aging of our offense line these could prove to be huge additions. Clark, DeVan, Gant,Goode, and Smith are guaranteed cuts. I believe that Gatewood and Mapu have a chance to make the practice squad. Mapu needs to come into camp in shape. The one player on this list that intrigues me is Richardson. We need help at cb and this guy started 3 years in the SEC. I would say he's a lock to make the practice squad, but I think if he pushes it he could possibly end up on our roster.

Mapu was cut earlier today for the Rob Jackson signing

not only are Brown and Crummey not locks' date=' there's only enough room for one of them. Our starters are set and Heyer, Fabini and Rinehart are the first three backups which only leaves one spot for everyone else, including Todd Wade. If one of our tackles gets injured during preseason, it's likely that neither Crummey nor Brown will make the team. Crummey could be an IR candidate.[/quote']

I make a prediction that he beats out reinehart right away to suit up for opening day. he is built exactly as a linemen should be, and his weight is what he naturally should be. Won the Jacobs Blocking trophy 2 years in a row and wasn't even at a D-1 school. Many former winners now play in the NFL. could be the best pick on the ol in a long time. Also he was going to start at some top end Colleges right out of high school but choose to go to a place that would take care of him better..

Also old man B has been known to change water into wine, look at what he did with Heyer, who came into camp a fat kid and when my cousin saw him at the wiz game last month he was super cut and looking ready to rock....things are looking up for us at that position...

Crummey was one of the highest rated Guards in the draft before his injury

Trust me, I know. But I dont know if he's going to be ready in time to have the best shot at making the team. I'm hoping he at least sticks to the practice squad though. I think at the time of the draft, Brown was rated higher in general.

Good thread. I voted Crummy as I'm partial to the MD players. I also think he's a real steal since he was injured last year. I'd actually rather keep Crummey, Brown and DeVan on the roster and dump Wade and Fabini. I'd rather keep future youth, then let them go and see them succeed elsewhere while Wade and Fabini take up roster spots. If Thrash wasn't such a valuable player on STs, I'd love to have Gant make the roster. But, if he beats out Mix, so be it.

I make a prediction that he beats out reinehart right away to suit up for opening day. he is built exactly as a linemen should be, and his weight is what he naturally should be. Won the Jacobs Blocking trophy 2 years in a row and wasn't even at a D-1 school. Many former winners now play in the NFL. could be the best pick on the ol in a long time. Also he was going to start at some top end Colleges right out of high school but choose to go to a place that would take care of him better..

Also old man B has been known to change water into wine, look at what he did with Heyer, who came into camp a fat kid and when my cousin saw him at the wiz game last month he was super cut and looking ready to rock....things are looking up for us at that position...

this offseason has us in great shape. we have Rinehart, Brown and Crummey who are fighting for the roster. Add that to Heyer and we have 4 extremely young OL for depth who could eventually be our starters. Thats not counting DeVan and Clark who we have as well. With Buges teaching them its looking real good. I loved when they interviewed Buges and he said he loves his job and all of his guys. It will be truely sad when he hangs it up for good!

Good thread. I voted Crummy as I'm partial to the MD players. I also think he's a real steal since he was injured last year. I'd actually rather keep Crummey, Brown and DeVan on the roster and dump Wade and Fabini. I'd rather keep future youth, then let them go and see them succeed elsewhere while Wade and Fabini take up roster spots. If Thrash wasn't such a valuable player on STs, I'd love to have Gant make the roster. But, if he beats out Mix, so be it.

My exact thoughts. Im really hesistant on dumping the youthful depth we have for old vets. Im afraid we will let go or a combination of Brown, Crummey, DeVan and Clark and they will catch on elsewhere and be really good. I'd say dump Wade and Fabini. They only have a few years left in them anyway. As far as Gant, im a strong pusher for him to stay. Something about him is catching my eye. He has to be very intelligent because he went to St. Olaf and he has ties to Chris Meidt. Cant wait to see him in preseason!

My exact thoughts. Im really hesistant on dumping the youthful depth we have for old vets. Im afraid we will let go or a combination of Brown, Crummey, DeVan and Clark and they will catch on elsewhere and be really good. I'd say dump Wade and Fabini. They only have a few years left in them anyway. As far as Gant, im a strong pusher for him to stay. Something about him is catching my eye. He has to be very intelligent because he went to St. Olaf and he has ties to Chris Meidt. Cant wait to see him in preseason!

Plus, we'll need one of those guys to step in for Kendall in 09, and possibly Jansen and Thomas. I say stash whoever doesn't make it on IR. Make up an injury. Don't put them on the practice squad where someone can pluck them up.

Plus, we'll need one of those guys to step in for Kendall in 09, and possibly Jansen and Thomas. I say stash whoever doesn't make it on IR. Make up an injury. Don't put them on the practice squad where someone can pluck them up.

If Crummey doesn't make it id be he ends up on IR with his injury.

BTW

Here is the thread about some of the UDFA that are here

(Note: this was done right after the draft so a few players Goode and Crummey are not on it also some guys have been cut already)

First post has some good info. on Gatewood, Gant, Richardson, DeVan and Brown.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246071

I appreciate that. I was trying to avoid the posts saying that we had discussed this stuff 2 months ago. But I didn't know all of the threads. But reading through these old threads helps ease my stresses when I'm taking a break from my work.

With the run on offensive linemen, I'm surprised we were able to draft the guys we got. If we let some of them go, should we expect that we'll be able to find another Heyer/Brown/Crummey type player in next year's UDFA class?

i wouldnt assume anything. i say getting rid of them for the possibility of next years UDFA class is too risky and could blow up in our faces.

i wouldnt assume anything. i say getting rid of them for the possibility of next years UDFA class is too risky and could blow up in our faces.

Well, the alternative is getting rid of guys like Wade and Fabini. I'm not too against that, as I think that they are both average players who are getting up there in age. But that only leaves us with one backup with any experience. The question though is who are we more likely to be able to resign during the season - if need be? And who's likely to get hurt in the preseason allowing for one of these rookies to shine?

If we get rid of Fabini and/or Wade, we could be in a position where our backups aren't experienced but it can really set us up for next year.

Well, the alternative is getting rid of guys like Wade and Fabini. I'm not too against that, as I think that they are both average players who are getting up there in age. But that only leaves us with one backup with any experience. The question though is who are we more likely to be able to resign during the season - if need be? And who's likely to get hurt in the preseason allowing for one of these rookies to shine?

If we get rid of Fabini and/or Wade, we could be in a position where our backups aren't experienced but it can really set us up for next year.

Id be all for getting rid of Wade and Fabini they only have a few years left. I would hate to lose one of our rookies and they sign elsewhere and become really good.

I appreciate that. I was trying to avoid the posts saying that we had discussed this stuff 2 months ago. But I didn't know all of the threads. But reading through these old threads helps ease my stresses when I'm taking a break from my work.

Still a viable topic and slightly different b/c we've made moves and added/cut some UDFAs since we talked about this post draft.

The question really is.....with 6 draftees left to sign how many of these guys listed will still be here for the start of training camp?

Mapu's off the list already.

Oh and I think that either Wade or Fabini does NOT make the team....right now I don't think Wade makes it.

Archived