Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever tapped, slapped, hit, punched, etc., your Significant Other or Ex?

Mark The Homer

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Besides, I don't understand why chicks think physical violence is effective in dealing with men. I mean, what female doesn't know that dog house relegation is a waaayyy more effective means of dealing with an unruly male?? :D:silly:

The doghouse silent treatment can be brutal....it actually gets me really pissed off and then because she see's it is having an effect she keep it going. :doh: It drives me :cuss: crazy. The thing is, she is so stubborn that I always end up caving in just so we can have peace and move on. I can have a fight and make up the next morning; she wakes up pissed.

The doghouse silent treatment can be brutal....it actually gets me really pissed off and then because she see's it is having an effect she keep it going. :doh: It drives me :cuss: crazy. The thing is, she is so stubborn that I always end up caving in just so we can have peace and move on. I can have a fight and make up the next morning; she wakes up pissed.

HAHAHAHA!!! See, it is the most effective means of control :D

And it's the stubbornness on the female part that makes it so effective. Tell your wife that I give her a message board HI-FIVE. :laugh:

You and my fiancee both :laugh:

:whew: Cool. I was wondering if I had some special "talent" to actually end up in the doghouse enough to where I almost call it home. Glad I'm not alone. ;)

No doubt. And sometimes, it would really be nice to actually know why we're sleeping beside rover. :silly: (though I know there is a Rule somewhere in there that says that's not part of the deal. :silly:

For the guys on here who have stories of women physically assaulting them, I can say that I arrested A LOT of women for domestic violence. Now we can argue the "morality" of such issues (when is it right blah blah), but the "legality" of it may differ from state to state.

I can only speak for Washington State law. Basically, if we got called to a "verbal" DV, my dept was required to at least fill out a report. We would put on the report that both parties claimed no physical confrontation took place and that we saw no sign of injury. (obviously if that was the truth).

Now for the assaults, it was like this. The main aggressor went to jail. (we took into consideration size of each person and the extent of injuries). It didn't matter who hit who first. For example. Woman is 5'5/125 and the guy is 6'3/250. She punches him and leaves a red mark/bruise on him. He punches her back, knocking her over and leaving a black eye. We would take the guy. I can not ever remember taking both parties to jail.

Example #2. Man shoves woman, she respond by hitting him with a bottle. She goes to jail. She used a weapon, which could have caused more injuries than a shove.

I could go on and on with tons of examples and not many situations were black and white. We basically had to determine on case by case basis, using the guidelines set by our state. If we had ANY evidence at all of a physical assault, we were required to take someone to jail. Even if the vicitim "refused to press charges", because in our state, people don't "press charges" the state/county does. A law enforcement officer as a witness can convict someone, we don't always need the victim to testify. (which in 80% or more cases, they won't and go back to the abuser)

However, I can also remember in the 7 years I was a cop, at least a dozen women who are now dead due to DV.(just in my city of 80k) One woman I recall that I took the report at the hospital. She was w/ the guy for 10 years and they had 3 kids together. He beat/raped her for 3 days. She had nasty hanger bruises on her thighs, a fractured skull, broken nose, bloody face. It was the worst case of DV I ever saw. She had lived this for 10 years! She told me about a time a couple years before that when he beat her into a coma. We had him on so many felonies, he was literally facing life in prison (3 strike rule for violent felonies in our state). She disappeared and the prosecutor had to drop charges. (long story on this one why my testimony wasn't enough).

My niece is a survivor of DV. Her biological mom and dad were illegal immigrants from Mexico. Mom was 19/dad 25, and my niece was 3 1/2. Mom left dad because he was violent. Dad ended up coming to their apartment. Shot my niece, the mom and then himself. Blanca(my now niece) survived. My sister(who was an ER nurse that night) and brother in law were already foster parents who took her in and 3 years later adopted her. Blanca is now almost 11, but the emotional scars can still be seen. She has seen a therapist 2 times a week ever since. She has pictures in her room of her bio mom and dad. She remembers what happens and my sister will take her to see her moms grave.

DV is a serious issue that happens much more than people think. Pretty much every day I was a cop, one or more persons was arrested for domestic violence. Anything from severe beatings, to shoving. I saw most of it is alcohol/drug related.

For the men who posted their stories and admitted what they did, I don't judge you. I commend you for seeking help and helping others. I believe it's extremely rare that an abuser ever stops, but it can happen.

No. My Mother would kill me.

Seriously, I was raised better than that.

I have only raised my voice at any person once in the last ten years.

Raising your hand to a woman doesn't even compute in my mind. First date with my wife, we encountered a potential scenario regarding that with another couple. Sometimes I think that was a big point winner for my wife, regarding the way I handled it.

No. My Mother would kill me.

Seriously, I was raised better than that.

I have only raised my voice at any person once in the last ten years.

Raising your hand to a woman doesn't even compute in my mind. First date with my wife, we encountered a potential scenario regarding that with another couple. Sometimes I think that was a big point winner for my wife, regarding the way I handled it.

How'd you handle it?

How'd you handle it?

I guess, I should clarify that it wasn't really our first date per say, just the first time we really, hung out and connected/kissed.

Ehh...

Long story short.

We left a bar, just hanging out with other folks.

Biker guy threw his jacket into the face of the woman he was with, then grabbed her. I walked up, and jacked him up against the fence of the parking lot. I told him not to ever put his hands on a woman.

I don't know bro, I just have a short fuse with that type of behavior. I guess it should be noted that I have 2 younger sisters, a military dad, and a strong Mom.

:whew: Cool. I was wondering if I had some special "talent" to actually end up in the doghouse enough to where I almost call it home. Glad I'm not alone. ;)

No doubt. And sometimes, it would really be nice to actually know why we're sleeping beside rover. :silly: (though I know there is a Rule somewhere in there that says that's not part of the deal. :silly:

No worries PCS, you're not alone. My girlfriends employ the doghouse method with their men as well.

And yes, there is a rule you guys haven't read...IF YOU PISS US OFF IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, YOU'RE IN THE DOGHOUSE rule... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No worries PCS, you're not alone. My girlfriends employ the doghouse method with their men as well.

And yes, there is a rule you guys haven't read...IF YOU PISS US OFF IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, YOU'RE IN THE DOGHOUSE rule... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even if it's not entirely our fault. Just shortens the stay there. :silly: Okay. Cool. Knew there was a rule I was missing, ( I'm pretty good at remembering those..... I think...... :rolleyes:;) ).

Lets put it this way... Huly was a vet assistant and is certified in castration...

What do you think would happen if I hit her and went to sleep one night? :laugh:

"Hello Starbucks? Yes. 4 gallons of Expresso please. You deliver?" :paranoid:

;)

Lets put it this way... Huly was a vet assistant and is certified in castration...

What do you think would happen if I hit her and went to sleep one night? :laugh:

:laugh: you better walk the line.

Archived