Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holding ES Members Accountable for "I'm Done" or "I'm Done if..." Threads

tiger187126

I've been on the board for a little while and I've been in a few arguments with people about certain things. Usually arguing with anyone on this board ends up with senseless name calling or childish "I'm right and you're wrong, I don't need to back anything up with actual facts."

While these can be frustrating, and sometimes funny, what I don't understand is how someone has the hutzpah to say "you know what if x happens then I'm never going to post again," only to be on the day after x happens.

There are several variations of this most of them residing somewhere around "I'm done, I hate Snyder/Cerrato/Free Agent Move," or my personal favorite "I hate this rumored free agent move that might not even be a real consideration by the FO."

If you really hate the Redskins or the things they do so much, then we don't need you anywhere around the board. I'm sure you could all get together and start a board begrudging every move this teams makes. Just stop using this one.

Thanks to an idea by fletch_lives59, I dedicate this thread to holding these bandwagon guys accountable for the things that they say.

My first guy is skins4me58203. He said:

Dude this is my last post with you. You are completely missing my point. You can quote stats all you want. Rock is not the guy to be back there, and Zorn knows it. I will leave this board if Rock is returning kicks this year.

The thing about this internet thing is that you can't get away from things that you say.

George Bush will take ownership of his millions of lies before someone holds to their internet ultimatum. Also hell will be frozen over.
Please keep all political commentary out of the stadium. We have the tailgate forum for that stuff. Thanks. :)

You should work for Bush. Any dissent or disagreement is hatred, which shall result in banning or other stern punishment. You are either with me or against me. . .

How about holding Snyder accountable for the mediocre on-field product he has offered, by hurting him the only place he would really care--the checkbook.

Or how about we ban all the Snyder apologists who defend him no matter what he does? Isn't that just as foolish as those who condemn everything he does?

I support the right of every fan to post on this board--even a tool like you.

Thoth: The "I'm done" people have suggested that they hold Snyder accountable by being done with the team and the message board. The thread starter is merely suggesting they hold to that promise and leave.

This could get very interesting.

Yes it could.

I can't believe all the fanboys that are supporting the decisions that have completely undone the 4 years of progress Joe Gibbs gave us.

I just pray to god we go 4-12 or worse & we can Fire EVERYONE, and restart the skins next year when Bill Cowher is available.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4901167#post4901167

You should work for Bush. Any dissent or disagreement is hatred, which shall result in banning or other stern punishment. You are either with me or against me. . .

How about holding Snyder accountable for the mediocre on-field product he has offered, by hurting him the only place he would really care--the checkbook.

Or how about we ban all the Snyder apologists who defend him no matter what he does? Isn't that just as foolish as those who condemn everything he does?

Interesting how you were the first to even bring banning someone into this. So it's not surprising that you completely missed the point of the OP.

You want to quit the board? DO IT!!! Stop saying you are going to do it! SHOW US! We don't want to hear you talk about it. DO IT!!! Be a man! Hold to your word. The mods should help out by deleting your account and banning your IP just to help you prove your honesty and true intentions.

Playoffs 2 of the past 3 seasons. Right - THAT'S real common in the NFL. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Don't call people tools and I won't call you dumb. Dummy.

While I understand where the OP is coming from, I believe that members who post such ludicrous statements are only venting out their frustration.

It is easy to understand how passionate fans can become discouraged, and feel as though their energy is wasted when the team doesn't perform to our standards...

But deep down, we never REALLY mean it when we threaten to abandon our loyalty to the Redskins. It's in OUR BLOOD

This is the EXTREMESKINS board, extreme emotions are part of being a extreme fan. Part of the reason I love football so much is the feeling I get from the wild mood swings that come with the game. So what if someone gets on here in a fit of rage and says something dumb (Hell I've done it in public a few times.) it is his/her right as an American. I am glad we have this board so we can vent whenever we need to blow off steam.

While I understand where the OP is coming from, I believe that members who post such ludicrous statements are only venting out their frustration.

It is easy to understand how passionate fans can become discouraged, and feel as though their energy is wasted when the team doesn't perform to our standards...

But deep down, we never REALLY mean it when we threaten to abandon our loyalty to the Redskins. It's in OUR BLOOD

Nobody cares. Why try to hold something meaningless over our heads? This board is for discussion about the Skins. Not your hurt feelings, because frankly nobody gives a damn.

It's like children threatening to hold their breath if they don't get their way, and it adds nothing to this board. Absolutely nothing. Tell us why you are disatisfied, and back it with an argument. A thread about idle, meaningless threats to quit the board should be closed and the poster banned.

Nobody cares. Why try to hold something meaningless over our heads? This board is for discussion about the Skins. Not your hurt feelings, because frankly nobody gives a damn.

It's like children threatening to hold their breath if they don't get their way, and it adds nothing to this board. Absolutely nothing. Tell us why you are disatisfied, and back it with an argument. A thread about idle, meaningless threats to quit the board should be closed and the poster banned.

Care to tell the rest of here why? Oh, and back it with an argument for good measure.:D

Archived