Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holding ES Members Accountable for "I'm Done" or "I'm Done if..." Threads

tiger187126

So far this is my favorite thread. Except for the one where I said I would leave this site if Rock is returning kicks this year. But again, that what caused this thread.

But I do love the "you don't like Rock, then your not a fan". It's just a silly, ignorant view point from a silly, ingnorant person.

And we will all be waiting for you exit.

You won't be coming back, will you?

So you're defending stupid people that use hyperbole to make their points because they're not intelligent enough to back up their arguments with real facts?

Don't make empty ultimatums...period.

Not defending it. I just don't take it seriously when such ultimatums are made. It's part of internet discourse generally that I've accepted and I'm not going to fight it; though I applaud the efforts of Mods at all times, it's simply impossible to be rhetoric police.

Not defending it. I just don't take it seriously when such ultimatums are made. It's part of internet discourse generally that I've accepted and I'm not going to fight it; though I applaud the efforts of Mods at all times, it's simply impossible to be rhetoric police.

Read my second post, I kind of agree with you.

People say stupid stuff, but they really shouldn't.

I think some people on ES are very immature, and should act like adults-which includes not saying "I'm leaving if we sign ____"

I agree! Im so sick of people saying they are going to quit posting on ES if one thing or another does or doesnt happen, and then they keep posting

That being said, I am going to leave ES forever if all these posters are not held accountable

:silly:

quitter...:cheers:

Explain what I have quitt? I was called out for saying something like "I leave ES if Rock is returning Kicks this year."

Forgive, but it's only June. Call me out after our first game.

If you want this thread to be valid, pick someone who has made this statement, been wrong, and is still posting.

Otherwise, this is pointless.

Get back to me in 4 months.

And for the record, I said I would leave ES. Not the Redskins. Understand that. This site I can do without. The skins are apart of me, even if I think there are better options than Rock.

Well....it was a bad day to get outside and off the board for a little while. :laugh:

Since I am the OP, I will say that Fletch obviously has this thread's meaning correct because he is the one who came up with the idea. And yes it did come from AJ_skins post, you can read the part where Fletch recommended it.

I also had personal motivation because I don't believe that skins4me is really going to leave (not that I'm questioning your integrity or whatever you would take that comment negatively towards), it's just that I can't see you leaving after posting such strong comments about a subject. Especially since the time at which you stated it (after Mathis was released) was about as bad as it could have been.

It just seems like I'm leaving "threats" that are not followed are kind of like betting on a game and then when you lose saying "well I was just kidding, I didn't really want to bet $1000 that the Patriots would win the SB."

Now for my comment about negativity on the board. I don't support every move the Redskins make, I don't think anyone really can. I am more of an optimist than most I would assume, but that's because people that are around my age never really got to experience SBs or these HoF Redskins (except Darrell Green and Joe Gibbs of course.) Making the playoffs is huge to me and 2 out of 3 years is quite a feat in my mind. This is multiplied when you think of the perennial contenders that the NFC East usually houses. Think about the NFC North or West, where one team HAS to win it even though it doesn't look like any of them will. That's not our division.

What I was saying is the the people who consistently do not add anything of intellectual or, at the very least, comical value to this board and who just post negative comments without any basis whatsoever are the ones who need to leave. I can't remember his name, but there was one poster whom I always used to get into it with. All he would do is post negative things that would make it seem as if the Redskins were the most inept organization in the history of organizations and we had players who wouldn't make the cut in pee-wee football. He never had facts, just wild opinions that he could not back up.

Skins4me already had a 3-on-1 cage match against Darrell, Blondie, and I. It hit a note somewhere around the "I'm leaving if..." post. I won't continue that argument here because he is correct. Time will tell and with the way the world works Rock could be traded tomorrow. I genuinely like this site and I like communicating with other Skins fans, especially during the dead of the offseason. That's why I would never make a statement that would bet my account on this site against something that could never be 100%. Who would have bet that Mike Vick wouldn't be the starting QB this year a year ago, or the year he broke his leg in the preseason. There are just to many odd things that go on.

I even said in an earlier topic that I was excited to see someone who could take it all the way returning kicks. But I did this without saying that Rock is the worst returner in history and he is the reason we don't make the playoffs every year. I also did not bring up Dallas in an attempt to brag about a team's ability to make the playoffs.

These are the posts that I hate seeing on here, and I think that if you really want to gamble your posting on here then you should have a part of your body that should be able to cash it...

As always this is just my :2cents:

We should do one of those absurd boxing things that celebrities do when they can't win with words.

Jose Canseco is doing one right now and I can't remember the last one to do it. I know Uwe Boll did it too to challenge his critics.

BTW, do not talk about Boll. I will fly off the handle and threaten to quit this board unless he stops making movies.

I loathe Uwe Boll.

We should do one of those absurd boxing things that celebrities do when they can't win with words.

Jose Canseco is doing one right now and I can't remember the last one to do it. I know Uwe Boll did it too to challenge his critics.

BTW, do not talk about Boll. I will fly off the handle and threaten to quit this board unless he stops making movies.

I loathe Uwe Boll.

Dunno who Uwe Boil is...

But I love his movies!

:D

:laugh:

Have there actually been any on topic posts on this thread? Hahaha. 7 Pages of bickering. Now that's entertainment.

That's some of the point. People don't add anything, they just have senseless arguments for the sake of arguments.

People can have a discussion involving differing opinions and it can end amicably. I understand that you probably will never change someone's mind, but it should at least be above name calling and "I'm right, you're wrong."

Archived