Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is gay marriage becoming accepting,but polygamy is just disgusting?

michael_33

Moral decay is like rust. it doesn't just lay stagnant, as long as it's kept fed, it grows and grows.

If the religious right is so hung up on the moral decay of our nation, rather than fight against 2 people who love each other having a legal marriage, why not try to stop the Catholic priests from sexual child abuse, how about find a solution to Domestic violence against women and children, how about finding a resolution to straight people having sex before marriage and children out of wedlock, how about finding a solution to the enormous divorce rate among..yes, you guessed it, HETEROSEXUALS.

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

one more thing, I'm not a democrat.

Marriage should be "insert church/religion here" rules.. If you fail, thats it, no switching religions and trying again, its civil union time for you..

Civil Union should be from the state. (all state laws apply).

simple.

Marriage should be "insert church/religion here" rules.. If you fail, thats it, no switching religions and trying again, its civil union time for you..

Civil Union should be from the state. (all state laws apply).

simple.

I can see the point of your thought; I just don't see it as being so simple. Who gets to say what rules apply? Don't some churches, such as the methodist church actually perform Gay marriages?

as nasty as 2 guys getting married is thats 2 individuals own decision.

with polygamy you normally have a group of people who have been raised under cult like conditions and basically handed off to another person in marriage whether you like them or not and whether your even of age for them or not.

I can see the point of your thought; I just don't see it as being so simple. Who gets to say what rules apply? Don't some churches, such as the methodist church actually perform Gay marriages?

So? That's up to them and the rules they establish.

If your a Methodist, its what you get. If your a Catholic.. its one and done.

The same people that fight to the death the polygamy are the ones that won't listen to the same arguments from 8 years ago with gay marriage.

Calling anyone that wants to have 2 husbands or 2 wives a cult makes it easier to discuss on your end. Its a debate killer.

I am conservative on a host of issues and believe stadfastly in the sepeation of church and state. I do not have a problem with either of these issues except when a polygamist thinks it is fine to marry an underage child (now u are crossing into pedosickening crap) If the woman is 18 and the man is whatever thats fine bith are mature and of legal age.

Yup, because God knows loving adults wanting to get married is moral decay :rolleyes: Go move to Iran :rolleyes:

Do you ever notice how some people who don't argree turn to put downs rather than discussion?? I find that facinating...don't you :doh:

If the religious right is so hung up on the moral decay of our nation, rather than fight against 2 people who love each other having a legal marriage, why not try to stop the Catholic priests from sexual child abuse, how about find a solution to Domestic violence against women and children, how about finding a resolution to straight people having sex before marriage and children out of wedlock, how about finding a solution to the enormous divorce rate among..yes, you guessed it, HETEROSEXUALS.

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

one more thing, I'm not a democrat.

What you just said makes no sense what so ever! So if we are to be against gay marriage, than we must first solve the other moral problems in the world?? How does that make any sense.

Would you care to clarify your statement, before I consider you ignorant?

I am conservative on a host of issues and believe stadfastly in the sepeation of church and state. I do not have a problem with either of these issues except when a polygamist thinks it is fine to marry an underage child (now u are crossing into pedosickening crap) If the woman is 18 and the man is whatever thats fine bith are mature and of legal age.

There is no seperation of church and state....just thought I'd point that out :)

I've been married for 10 years, trust me. Those poor saps who are married to more then one spouce have it BAD. I wouldn't do that ever. One battleax is hard enough to deal with, I can't imagine having 2.

And the problem with today's poligimists is that today this is just a cover up for perverted men to be able to sleep with children. If poligimists were sleeping with adults then no one would care about it. When I grew up people told me that in Utah adults there were commonly married to more then one couple. Back then I thought it was kinda cool and strange but now with the Texas community taking that to mean men sleeping with 13 year old girls I want to beat the hell out of all of those people. Its wrong to screw with children peroid and I don't like that at all. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Marriage is viewed and legally existed in this nation as a union between a man and a woman ( long before this nation too). Its simple really. Its marriage. It was designed by God, for A man and A woman. Society shouldnt start screwing with something designed by our creator :2cents:

If God didn't want gays to marry, he shouldn't have made 'em gay. :2cents:

The whole "traditional" argument strikes me as a load of crap. Until very recently, marriages were traditionally between people of the same race, and you had miscegenation laws on the books. Until very recently, marriages were an MSF fantasy-land of male domination and woman subservience (a married woman could not even legally enter into a contract). Marriage as an institution has been continually evolving since long before this nation. Two consenting adults? I say go for it. I think, as someone else said, the big problem with polygamy is that it goes against our notions of love for a spouse. Sex with another person is grounds for divorce, not part of a healthy marriage. Even IF polygamy was legal, how many love-based, consenting (i.e., non-"cult") polygamous marriages would there be? I'm thinking very few.

It's because ONE woman is ENOUGH problems.

The government is just doing it to try to help us guys out, and prevent us from further horror from crazy women.

I've been married for 10 years, trust me. Those poor saps who are married to more then one spouce have it BAD. I wouldn't do that ever. One battleax is hard enough to deal with, I can't imagine having 2.

And the problem with today's poligimists is that today this is just a cover up for perverted men to be able to sleep with children. If poligimists were sleeping with adults then no one would care about it. When I grew up people told me that in Utah adults there were commonly married to more then one couple. Back then I thought it was kinda cool and strange but now with the Texas community taking that to mean men sleeping with 13 year old girls I want to beat the hell out of all of those people. Its wrong to screw with children peroid and I don't like that at all. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Personally, I think your first post was better. :)

I'll pop in as the lastest person to say that I have no fundamental problems with polygamy in general, but I have a huge problem with separatist cults and child abuse.

very well said Predicto.

I would like to piggy back that as well. If there is no abuse involved I dont care who gets married. But when that guy marries 12 year old girls then I have issue with it.

very well said Predicto.

I would like to piggy back that as well. If there is no abuse involved I dont care who gets married. But when that guy marries 12 year old girls then I have issue with it.

Exactly. I don't believe in gay marriage, but there's a big difference between consenting gay adults and heterosexual child molesting pervs.

I don't have a problem with Gay marriage. Its only marriage. Its too people vowing to be together under a sanctum of some sort. Each party enters willingly.

I do have a problem with children being exploited when they are too young to make their own decision and are being "poisoned" with these beliefs. I think everyone from an early age should be given the opportunity to see what is out there and make their own decisions.

By the way, I've been invited to a gay wedding ceremony in less than three weeks. Very close friends of ours, my wife has known them since college. They have been together since junior year of high school - over 25 years. It's nice that they can finally make it official after all this time. :cheers:

because gay marrage is between consenting adults. And most poligamist relationships and communities have to do with child abuse. Young women 12 and 13 years of age are committed into marrages with men 40,50, 60 and 70 years of age. Young boys who are seen as competition for the elder males are driven hundreds of miles from the family home and dropped off on the streets to make their own way in life...

Polygamy when seen from the eyes of the Patriach doesn't seem all that bad. When seen from the victems eyes and they are victems it's just another name for child abuse.

Archived