Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate Chevy Chase bank. Other suggestions

WVUforREDSKINS

So I use my debit card to start a tabs at bars on the weekends. The transaction is immediate but the tips take longer.

Well apparently it over drafted as the tips went in. Now I am talking like $5 tips. 3 times.

Chevy chase charges an over draft fee of $35.

So each tip would be another $35. So I am about $115 in debt right now.

Online banking sucks it is never accurate.

If they don't wave two of those overdraft fees I am leaving and going to another bank.

I want overdraft protection so that I can't overdraft. What bank has that?

What banks do you suggest?

They all have overdraft protection. But you need either a line of credit or a savings account linked to it. Nothing personal, but if $5 tips are putting you in overdraft, then I'm not sure you are going to get a line of credit.

They will waive it if this is the first time you have done it. If this happens all the time, your f*

BOA charges $10 only if you have it linked to another account (Like savings).

Here's a better idea - Use a credit card next time.

If you are at BOA, keep a close eye on your account since they can't wait to fee you one way or another.

Most banks will waive overdraft fees if you go in person and correct the issue. I personally love Chevy Chase and have been a customer there since the early 80's.

My second account a BOA has wasted me a lot of money but I keep it for convenience.

So I use my debit card to start a tabs at bars on the weekends. The transaction is immediate but the tips take longer.

Well apparently it over drafted as the tips went in. Now I am talking like $5 tips. 3 times.

If they don't wave two of those overdraft fees I am leaving and going to another bank.

Chevy Chase HAS overdraft protection, but they are still a ****ty bank.

I worked in banking for 8 years. I recommend BB&T or Wachovia.

My father works for PNC. They are making a MAJOR push into this market, but they are having staffing problems.

PB how can that be? I see PNC everywhere now......I think they have made their push, wouldnt u agree........They took over Riggs and now atleast in MoCo I see one in every major road etc. I mean in bethesda there are two of them within 5 minutes of each other. On rockville pike there are two right across from other! But your right about staffing, it seems like there are only 2 people every working in there when i go in. Still i love the bank, great service, their nice, and the conveint locations are great plus can't beat the free atm. Your dad works for a good bank

PB how can that be? I see PNC everywhere now......I think they have made their push, wouldnt u agree........They took over Riggs and now atleast in MoCo I see one in every major road etc. I mean in bethesda there are two of them within 5 minutes of each other. On rockville pike there are two right across from other! But your right about staffing, it seems like there are only 2 people every working in there when i go in. Still i love the bank, great service, their nice, and the conveint locations are great plus can't beat the free atm. Your dad works for a good bank

Sorry, by "making a major push" i mean, they already have the buildings, now they are just trying to get people to open accounts and gain market share.

My father is a financial advisor, when they hired him they told him he's be running that operation for about 6-8 branches. They ended up giving him 16 because they are having the staffing problem.

Im seriously considering going to them and being like "I can manage a branch (i have experience), but i want 6 figures." See how desperate they are for compentent people. :)

I'm with BOA and I love it, their ATM's are top notch. I can go to an ATM after I get off work (3AM) and deposit my tips, checks, etc and it counts it and scans the check and prints it out on the receipt. I'm in the college program, so I don't have to worry about fees.

I have SunTrust, but IonTop, can you really deposit your check at a ATM?

yup. no deposit slips are needed. It scans a copy of the check, shows you the image, and asks you if what the computer scanned the amount correctly.

I also like BOA's website. It's updated almost instantly.

Hate to say this but it isn't the banks fault. You should never be that close to your balance or at least have a savings account that will be in your overdraft protection.

Chevy Chase HAS overdraft protection, but they are still a ****ty bank.

I worked in banking for 8 years. I recommend BB&T or Wachovia.

Wachovia is great :cheers::cheers: Suntust is not bad either and both you can make deposits in the ATM but the question I have is why don't you have direct deposit yet :)

The problem I had with Chevy Chase were the incredible amount of nickle/dime charges I found on my statements every month. I never had this problem with Bank of America. I'm with SunTrust and Bank of America now. SunTrust is my local branch and I do my business out of there. Bank of America is where I go if SunTrust lets me down.

Archived