Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn makes me wants to root for him

MWCREDSKINS

Obviously I'm not going to compare him to Joe Gibbs but this guy seems to really be taking a liking to the fans. Really wish I could've met him at the Beach Blitz. Then I see last night he's at a ceremony with Art Monk and Darrell Green at an embassy. Good luck Z Man hope to meet you real soon.

I think Coach Zorn's got the potential to do great things here with this team. He seems like he has tons of energy and enthusiasm about everything he does. I love it. I just hope he gets a fair shot to work his way into things. If things start slow, let him work through it, dont judge too quickly.

I think Coach Zorn's got the potential to do great things here with this team. He seems like he has tons of energy and enthusiasm about everything he does.
Well, so does Richard Simmons, but I wouldn't want him for my head coach. :)

BTW OP, you might want to edit the title of the thread.

Well, so does Richard Simmons, but I wouldn't want him for my head coach. :)

BTW OP, you might want to edit the title of the thread.

Why change the thread title? It's pretty descriptive.

I feel the same way as the other people in this thread. His hiring was certainly a "WTF?!" moment, but he's done nothing since the "maroon and black" incident to make me feel like he's not a good man for the job. Some guy on here wrote him a letter welcoming him, and the man sent him his autograph saying "Thank you" and some scripture. I'm not Christian, but that's classy as hell!

I'm still a bit skeptical. I thought he would have made a superb OC, but to throw him into the HC fire right away has me weary.

I hope he's up to the task, but fortunately, I find solace in the fact that the Defense will be primarily manned by Greg Blache, so while Zorn will be the HC, he'll essentially play a Glorified OC role, until he gets the hang of running defenses, which I expect him to.

Who knows every great coach has to get a start somewhere. Zorn has spent his whole life around this game and brings a lot of enthusiam to the table. I think he's especially going to be great for Jason Campbell who never had the proper QB coach to succeed since he's been here. Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy are prime examples of coaches who've come out of nowhere to lead a successful team. Heck who knew who Joe Gibbs was in 1981. Zorn is a much better choice than Jim Fassel would've been

I like it as well and believe it is partly due to the fact that he is coming from Seattle, where the fans are pretty outrageous and loud as well. He's used to working with the fans and i as well am rooting for the man.

The only thing that bothers me is this: Many fans want to win right away, and I fear that there won't be enough patience given for what coach Zorn is doing. We all gotta remember that the Skins will be going with the WCO, and it might not click right away. I also fear that because Greg Williams is gone, the D won't be as sharp as it has been. Williams had a tremendous ability to get the players to really "play for him, as well as themselves," and not every coach can connect with players like Williams did....

I like Zorn.

He seems knowlegable and football savy.

The early reviews of the OTAs tend to show that he's organized and the players seem to like him.

But Zorn himself has said that he hasn't done anything yet.

I think the attitude might change if we don't win right away.

I hope that the FO and the fans gives this guy a year or two to develop into a HC. Especially if he struggles early this season.

This could be a new era for the Redskins. First we hire a young offensive minded coach. Second we actually drafted players we needed to try out for the team. Last, We didn't try to sign any over priced free agents. Imagine, a couple more years of this attitude and we could actually build a team that would stay together for the long haul.

Of course we are gonna root for him! He's a skin. I can't remember a time when there was a skin I didn't root for (although that would be a pretty fun thread of its own during this ofseason down time) but that doesn't mean he'll do well. I remember rooting my butt off for one Steve Spurrier. I remember yelling "cmon Robiskie!! get this thing turned around!" from my couch!! "You can do it Norv!" from my college dorm!

I look at him sort of like Obama in that there is something exciting about not knowing what he is. Yea, sure he's certainly not a safe choice and he could be completely out of his league witth this much of a jump at one time. He was a QB coach for God's sake!! Couldn't we make him a coordinator first? Well I guess we sorta did. For about a week. BUT, that being said, while he could be a disaster we also have no clue if this is the next Andy Reid (also a QB coach) or Joe Gibbs (unknown O.C. under Coryell). These younger guys are hungry. They don't have it all figured out but they know how many chances they get to make a first impression in this league. There's something kinda fun in a gunslinger kinda way about that situation at the head of your team. If you went and got one of the established guys you may have known you weren't gonna fall completely on your face but you also knew what the upside was too. Here its kinda fun to have limitless potential as a fan. We could be watching something great happen to our beloved franchise and if not, we can always get Cowher next year. HAHAHAHAHA!

The only thing that bothers me is this: Many fans want to win right away, and I fear that there won't be enough patience given for what coach Zorn is doing. We all gotta remember that the Skins will be going with the WCO, and it might not click right away. I also fear that because Greg Williams is gone, the D won't be as sharp as it has been. Williams had a tremendous ability to get the players to really "play for him, as well as themselves," and not every coach can connect with players like Williams did....

I think losing Gregg is much scarier to me than hiring Zorn. I agree with you 100% here. Gregg was special. He was pompous and arrogant but I tell ya, when we had a big game and I was looking for something to calm my frayed nerves around friday afternoon, I would look for Gregg outside of Redskins Park with those microphones in front of him and I would feel so much better. I will really miss him and I must admit I am not swooning over Blache and his "dumbing it down" approach. He is removing the "crazier" blitz packages. I loved those crazy blitz packages. I remember a guy named Nolan going a little too "vanilla' for our owner on defense and it didn't work well. Its the NFL, nothing should be too "basic". Blache worries me.

Archived