Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The best band that NOBODY ever talks about.

Mickalino

I cannot remember anyone ever mentioning the name of this band.

They're not a current band, they're from the 70's or 80's and not even sure if they're still together

I would not have heard of them myself, if not for one day I found myself humming a tune by them, and I'm like, "who the hell sings that song?", so I took the few lyrics that I knew from the song, and Googled them. The song was "No Matter What" and the band was Badfinger.

And I came to find out that they have MANY great songs. When I first heard the song, I thought it was George Harrison from the Beatles doing a solo act song. They seem to have a Beatles sound and influence about them. If you're only into hard-core, you won't like them. They're soft rock, but definitely not cheesy.

badfinger was signed by the Beatles. They put out maybe about a dozen LP's and had several hits. Lots of turmoil in the band including suicides. I have about 5 of their LPs and enjoy them often.

A lot of people don't talk about Grand Funk Railroad much. During thier time they out sold the Beatles at Shea stadim. They were hated by the "critics", But were one of the biggest selling bands ever.

Muse is another incredible band that should be selling out stadiums.

Muse is huge in Britain, but they just haven't caught on here yet. I really like their sound.

My vote is for Social Distortion. Most underrated kick ass band there is!

~Bang

Ozomatli, FTW!

(Thanks Chewy!)

Ozomatli is the JAM!! Didn't think you'd be into them! :laugh: They are pretty well known in LA where they are from (I think), but just not nationally. They are also much better live.

They opened for G. Love & Special Sauce last year at Wolf Trap, and it was an amazing show. At the end of their set, they had a jam session, and walked off stage, zig-zagged through the crowd, up to the entrance of Wolf Trap, jamming the entire time. One of the coolest shows I've ever been too. :)

Muse is another incredible band that should be selling out stadiums.

Meh. I hate Starlight. :laugh:

i would say dragonforce, but they've really grew in popularity as of late.

my next band would be Rhapsody of Fire. They are a Symphonic Metal Band and i have never heard another band that fits the genre as well as them. They have a very grandiose style in their music, especially they're later albums. Here's one of my favorite songs of theirs: Triumph or Agony

They only have one album out under that name, they were previously known as Rhapsody

Dragonforce guitar solos are sped up... A reputable guy on a forum I post on is good friends with the guy who produced the album and Herman Li was having issues playing his solos up to tempo...so they recorded the solos slower and then sped them up for the record.

I think they are overrated because everyone is so amazed by speed. Speed is just a cover for a lack of melodic ideas. Though, Dragonforce is hilarious to play on expert on guitar hero!

Dragonforce guitar solos are sped up... A reputable guy on a forum I post on is good friends with the guy who produced the album and Herman Li was having issues playing his solos up to tempo...so they recorded the solos slower and then sped them up for the record.

I think they are overrated because everyone is so amazed by speed. Speed is just a cover for a lack of melodic ideas. Though, Dragonforce is hilarious to play on expert on guitar hero!

Through the Fire and Flames is one of the most annoying songs I know. It sucks.

Muse is huge in Britain, but they just haven't caught on here yet. I really like their sound.

My vote is for Social Distortion. Most underrated kick ass band there is!

~Bang

Them being a local band, ive had the privilege of seeing Ness in concert with and without the rest of the band a few times.

Two bands that are huge in europe but fail to get any love here stateside are

Belle and Sebastian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_&_Sebastian

Doves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doves

Archived