Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's gotten their stimulus payment so far?

Drop

Got a check in the mail today, despite the fact that we direct-deposited our return and filed at the end of January. 09ers seem to be in some sort of spatial vortex. :laugh: :whoknows:

I got a refund this year, direct deposited by the middle of Feb. I got 2 letters, one about 6 weeks ago announcing the program, and one on May5th, saying I should be getting $1800 on May2nd.

My SSN ends in 09, so I guess we've just been selected to play the waiting game. Now, if a bunch of you with 09's start getting your money, then I'll be kind of upset.

Then don't be stubborn. Deposit the check, use the money, and try to change things when you are older.
I don't need uncle sam's charity, that money should go toward other things. As far as I'm concerned its welfare money; I have dignity and principles, thats all I need. plus its only 300 bucks, I can earn that with two good weeks labor.

I don't need uncle sam's charity, that money should go toward other things. As far as I'm concerned its welfare money; I have dignity and principles, thats all I need. plus its only 300 bucks, I can earn that with two good weeks labor.

Why are American's poor ?

2 good weeks for 300 bucks ? Can I hire you as my handy-man ?

Why are American's poor ?

2 good weeks for 300 bucks ? Can I hire you as my handy-man ?

I make $9 an hour with time and a half on sundays. I work 25 hours a week (I'm a student, otherwise I'd work near to or at full time). I can make somewhere in the ballpark of 200 a week.

My last two SS digits are 24 and I haven't gotten anything. Maybe because I am an unemployed bum. I got a W4 from my previous job, sent it in, and the IRS responded saying I might qualify for EIC. I have no idea what that means. I know nothing about money.

I make $9 an hour with time and a half on sundays. I work 25 hours a week (I'm a student, otherwise I'd work near to or at full time). I can make somewhere in the ballpark of 200 a week.

Parents taught me early. $1000 bucks is nothing. 20 years ago your wage was decent.

You arent even making that a month. Granted; its part time and you go to school so it's cool. Realistically...free money for 2 weeks of work.

When I was a kid ( 11 years old), I made about 125 bucks a week for 5 hours of work.

And stuff was a lot cheaper back then.

Some info on the payments

Taxpayers and tax preparers are discovering that anyone who elected to have tax preparation fees deducted from their tax refund will not receive rebate checks via direct deposit.

http://knoxvilletalks.com/2008/05/09/newsflash-you-may-not-get-that-stimulus-rebate-check-direct-deposited-into-your-account-after-all/

Those who filed their taxes using a software program or service that subtracted a fee directly from the refund will have to wait for their rebate check to arrive in the mail.

The IRS originally announced that those who had tax refunds direct-deposited into their bank accounts would receive rebate checks in the same fashion.

However, once taxpayers who should have received rebate checks via direct deposit this week started asking questions, the IRS discovered an unanticipated complication.

Some info on the payments

Taxpayers and tax preparers are discovering that anyone who elected to have tax preparation fees deducted from their tax refund will not receive rebate checks via direct deposit.

http://knoxvilletalks.com/2008/05/09/newsflash-you-may-not-get-that-stimulus-rebate-check-direct-deposited-into-your-account-after-all/

Those who filed their taxes using a software program or service that subtracted a fee directly from the refund will have to wait for their rebate check to arrive in the mail.

The IRS originally announced that those who had tax refunds direct-deposited into their bank accounts would receive rebate checks in the same fashion.

However, once taxpayers who should have received rebate checks via direct deposit this week started asking questions, the IRS discovered an unanticipated complication.

I found that out last night myself...after being pissed off that the money wasn't in my account all day.

Now I will have to wait until the end of June.... :mad:

Well that sucks, I used H&R block online.. Has anyone used it and gotten direct deposit?

I use H&R Block for my taxes as well but I don't have the government direct deposit the check. Unfortunately the Federal Government can't be polite enough to send me a receipt telling me WHEN they're making the electronic deposit so I'd rather have the "live" check so I can keep my accounting records as up to date as possible.

BTW - I got my $600 rebate check in the mail on Friday. SS ends in 00.

I use H&R Block for my taxes as well but I don't have the government direct deposit the check. Unfortunately the Federal Government can't be polite enough to send me a receipt telling me WHEN they're making the electronic deposit so I'd rather have the "live" check so I can keep my accounting records as up to date as possible.

BTW - I got my $600 rebate check in the mail on Friday. SS ends in 00.

Got my direct deposit last week, and I did receive a notice/receipt in the mail, on the same day.

I got the DD, but I did not get a notice about it at all.

Government inefficiency at its best. A lot of people who actually got it, got no notice. A lot of people who got notices about it, have not received it. :doh:

Archived