Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Want Dallas Chant. Stop Please

RDSCNZ20

At every event: new coach hire, new players conference, draft party, wiz game, etc..

The we want Dallas chant comes out or some reference to beating Dallas. Can we please chant for a superbowl instead. I doubt that the brokebacks are chantting we want skins at their draft party or their coaches/players referencing beating us. Its embarrassing, let set the bar higher than beating Dallas. I understand they are our rival, but beating them doesn't meant jack if they go to SB and win, and we claim we beat them.

:2cents:

Wrong. Two wins against Dallas = successful season. I know, I know the whole purpose is to win a SB, but since we can't beat them IN a SB, i still get more pleasure out of beating them than any other thing in life. Sorry bro, but beating the Cowboys twice = bliss regardless of season outcome. At least for me.

I love the chant, but I also think that it has a time and a place. It really should only be used when we're about to play Dallas. There really is no reason to chant it during the draft party or after a Lions game the week before we go to Green Bay, it ruins how special the chant is. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing, and I think that's what the OP was getting at. I don't think he hates the chant, I think he hates that people use it at "inappropriate" times.

Wouldnt we want the giants, they are the superbowl champs? We want dallas is nice when he have to beat them to go to the superbowl. Hell they cant even win a playoff game

What's being suggested here is blasphemy for any true long time skins fan... This is our biggest rival!!! This is history!!!

The biggest rivalry in all pro sports reguardless of records (F Baseball, it's a pastime for a reason)

The point is: for some fans, sweeping Dallas and making T.O. and Homo cry is like winning the Superbowl.

Obviously we want to win the superbowl, and we want to beat every opponent, but most of all: "WE WANT DALLAS!!!" (and a big F U to anyone that thinks that it's overused... to a true Skins fan, we can't beat Dallas enough times... EVER!!!

"WE WANT DALLAS" PERIOD!!!

:dallasuck:wewantd::wewantd::wewantd::dallasuck

What's being suggested here is blasphemy for any true long time skins fan... This is our biggest rival!!! This is history!!!

The biggest rivalry in all pro sports reguardless of records (F Baseball, it's a pastime for a reason)

The point is: for some fans, sweeping Dallas and making T.O. and Homo cry is like winning the Superbowl.

Obviously we want to win the superbowl, and we want to beat every opponent, but most of all: "WE WANT DALLAS!!!" (and a big F U to anyone that thinks that it's overused... to a true Skins fan, we can't beat Dallas enough times... EVER!!!

"WE WANT DALLAS" PERIOD!!!

:dallasuck:wewantd::wewantd::wewantd::dallasuck

:laugh: :laugh: i agree with this guy!!!!!

and welcome to the board IBleedRedskins!

Um seriously...do you really think they're scared? Come on. I'm a Skins fan but I'm also not a blind homer. We've even it up recently but for the last decade they've had our number, let's be realistic. That's sorta like saying Duke is afraid of playing Maryland. Not counting this past season, we've beaten Duke 3 out of the last 4 or something like that and we've beaten them the most at Cameron Indor Stadium...but I'm not gonna say Duke is scared to play MD.
:rolleyes: Let's just say that it's what I'd like to believe is the reality of the situation - even if maybe that's not the case. Nothing wrong with wearing burgandy and gold colored glasses once in a while. Still doesn't matter when my point is: what does it matter WHAT the Cowboys think/don't think or do/don't do - to hell with them.

Reality is overrated anyway.

We don't want to beat Dallas.

We want to win a Superbowl.

We WANT both. :D
While I agree that it may be a bit overused, it's a battle cry that our fanbase has embraced because it represents our golden age dude. The "We Want Dallas" chant came out when we finally beat Dallas in the year we got our first Super Bowl, so that chant basically energizes the crowd and makes us remember what we did way back when. I personally love chanting it, because it gets me pumped.

Besides, any true Dallas fan will tell you that the Redskins are their true rivals, and they hate them with every fiber of their being. Just as George Allen installed the "We Hate Dallas" principle, Tom Landry kinda installed that "We Hate Washington" principle.

To me, abolishing the "We Want Dallas" chant or "Hail to the Redskins" would be like abolishing the "Star Spangled Banner". You just can't do it.

FTW :applause:

Um seriously...do you really think they're scared? Come on. I'm a Skins fan but I'm also not a blind homer. We've even it up recently but for the last decade they've had our number, let's be realistic. That's sorta like saying Duke is afraid of playing Maryland. Not counting this past season, we've beaten Duke 3 out of the last 4 or something like that and we've beaten them the most at Cameron Indor Stadium...but I'm not gonna say Duke is scared to play MD.

This is gonna sound like i'm undermining your comment, and it's cause I am, but any team that in the past three years has stolen 2 games from underneath you with less than 3:00 mins on the clock... coupled with the fact that twice in December when it's meant something we've absolutely embarassed them.

That's a 4 out of 6 on the "Holy :pooh: we've got to play them!!! scale"...

(BTW they'd be idiots if they were afraid of the team 5-10 years ago, oh wait they are Cowboy fans :laugh: :)

Archived