Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Want Dallas Chant. Stop Please

RDSCNZ20

At every event: new coach hire, new players conference, draft party, wiz game, etc..

The we want Dallas chant comes out or some reference to beating Dallas. Can we please chant for a superbowl instead. I doubt that the brokebacks are chantting we want skins at their draft party or their coaches/players referencing beating us. Its embarrassing, let set the bar higher than beating Dallas. I understand they are our rival, but beating them doesn't meant jack if they go to SB and win, and we claim we beat them.

:2cents:

You've obviously never been walking through FEDEX before a Skins/Boys game. Nothing gets the blood pumping more then a "We Want Dallas" chant.

You should try it at Texas Stadium! I bet blood would really pumping....from orifices. lol. I even had 4 and 5 year old kids yelling at me. I told them there parents didn't love them because they made them cowboys fans. :dallasuck

Maybe next year I will get the chant going with the few skins fans around me.

Wouldnt we want the giants, they are the superbowl champs? We want dallas is nice when he have to beat them to go to the superbowl. Hell they cant even win a playoff game

the giants ARE the super bowl champions but let's be honest, they ARE NOT the best team...

they had a nice run and that's about all you can say... the Cowboys are still the team to beat in the NFC and the Patriots are the team to beat in the NFL...

Yeah I agree. I could see if Dallas fans chant something about the Skins but they don't and when it's only one way where one side really wants to beat the other and the other really doesn't care...that is sorta embarrassing.

I'm a Maryland fan and it's sort of the same way when we chant stuff about Duke and they couldn't care less or chant "Not our rival"

I know it's not the same thing since the Cowboys are our rivals but still...

Using it at a Skins/Cowboys game is awesome...using it at a draft day...not so much.

I really never get tired of posting this:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203223 :dallasuck

:applause:

The point is that Dallas and it's fans have always represented everything we hate. The rivalry has history and this is one of the reasons why. Bring on The Chant! Now and Always!

WE WANT DALLAS! WE WANT DALLAS!

(the team..not Sartz)

At every event: new coach hire, new players conference, draft party, wiz game, etc..

The we want Dallas chant comes out or some reference to beating Dallas. Can we please chant for a superbowl instead. I doubt that the brokebacks are chantting we want skins at their draft party or their coaches/players referencing beating us. Its embarrassing, let set the bar higher than beating Dallas. I understand they are our rival, but beating them doesn't meant jack if they go to SB and win, and we claim we beat them.

:2cents:

My question is why you think we should give a damn WHAT the Cowboys think or do/don't do. To hell with them and their stinkin fans. If they don't chant that they want to play us...it's because they are SCARED.

Every team in the league wants a Super Bowl win. That's a given.

But not evey team in the league wants to beat the Cowboys twice a year, thrice if we'e lucky.

You must not know a lot of Dallas fans. If you did, you would come to appreciate the hatred.

My question is why you think we should give a damn WHAT the Cowboys think or do/don't do. To hell with them and their stinkin fans. If they don't chant that they want to play us...it's because they are SCARED.

Um seriously...do you really think they're scared? Come on. I'm a Skins fan but I'm also not a blind homer. We've even it up recently but for the last decade they've had our number, let's be realistic. That's sorta like saying Duke is afraid of playing Maryland. Not counting this past season, we've beaten Duke 3 out of the last 4 or something like that and we've beaten them the most at Cameron Indor Stadium...but I'm not gonna say Duke is scared to play MD.

While I agree that it may be a bit overused, it's a battle cry that our fanbase has embraced because it represents our golden age dude. The "We Want Dallas" chant came out when we finally beat Dallas in the year we got our first Super Bowl, so that chant basically energizes the crowd and makes us remember what we did way back when. I personally love chanting it, because it gets me pumped.

Besides, any true Dallas fan will tell you that the Redskins are their true rivals, and they hate them with every fiber of their being. Just as George Allen installed the "We Hate Dallas" principle, Tom Landry kinda installed that "We Hate Washington" principle.

To me, abolishing the "We Want Dallas" chant or "Hail to the Redskins" would be like abolishing the "Star Spangled Banner". You just can't do it.

Archived