Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny on the draft.

Art

Where's the hole Sarge? Jansen and Thomas are back from IR and Kendall still has a year on his contract.

We'd just better hope Kendall has got another year left on his knees. And Jansen may be back but the last we saw of him he was playing at backup level. Heyer may or may not be ready for prime time. I just hope Campbell is able to stay healthy long enough to get enough reps to learn the offense.

The DE we picked doesn't really seem to fit the mold of player that Blache prefers at the position, and with Wilson already somewhat of a project I don't see what he brings to the table but oh well.

Did I miss something? What DE did the Redskins get? :confused:

And how old are they?

Are we talking about holes or are we talking about age? Gotta make up your mind here Sarge and lets not be Dancing with the Stars partners here.. :laugh:

Yes these gentlemen are over 30, which is not a death knell for O-lineman. True we can use depth in case of an occurrence such as last year happening again, but we also selected a O-lineman this year in the draft as well as there are still several good UDFA's out there that the Skins may look at.

I remember the last time they were ecstatic to get first round talent in the 2nd round...Taylor Jacobs. But hey, at least there are two of them to help hedge the bet. At least they didn't just waste the first on one of them. Still a little disappointed they didn't take Groves or Campbell.

Well, the annual train wreck that is the Washington Redskins Draft is mercifully, and finally over. Vinnie, rides further into obscurity, and is dragging our favorite team with him. All the kool aid drinkers will be upset that I’m challenging the genius that is Cerrento, but the proof is in the pudding, or this case the draft.

We all know by now who the Skins drafted, but let’s see who the redskin’s could have drafted if they had an actual GM with a functioning brain.

Round 1. Vinnie has taken his medication, and a heathy dose of fiber and trades down, This is the highlight of the draft. At this point I could see all our needs meet.

Round 2. Devin Thomas. A good pick . I would have preferred Jordy Nelson, who has better hands, is a better route runner, is slightly taller, and has no personal problems, but all in all not bad at all.

Round 2. Second pick - Vinnie informs the War Room “were in a load of crap now! My meds are wearing off!” and proceeds to pick a very good tight end. We don’t need this tight end, but what the heck. We could have had Calais Campbell. The wheels are coming off.

Round 2. Third pick - Vinnie notices that the room is starting to spin, and picks another receiver. We could have had, Quentin Groves, Limas Sweed ( yes he’s a receiver, but if the Skins were bound and determined to draft a player they didn’t need why not take the best one available)? Jason Jones, Mike Pollack, Terrell Thomas, John Greco, Kendall Langford, Chevis Jackson, Tavares Gooden, Dan Conner, Pat Sims, Shawn Grable, Jeremy Zuttah, Marcus Harrison,or Cliff Avril. Why did I name so many players? Each one of them was available to us and would have filled a real need, Any of the would have been a better pick.

Round 3. Chad Rinehart A real need, and I can live with this pick, although, I’d have gone with Mike McGlynn.

Round 4. Vinnie has retired to the broom closet to take a power nap, but has left a note. It said “ Draft Justin Tyron, No one knows who he is. I’m doing this to win a bet.”

Who we could have had - Tony Hills, Orlando Scandrick, Kory Bierman, Roy Schuening, Owen Schmitt,or Carl Nicks.

Round 5. Traded away. Vinnie continues to snooze.

Round 6. Vinnie is up from his power nap, and is reinvigorated. He is also buck naked, but no one in the War Room has the sand to tell him.

1st pick - Durant Brooks. A punter. They are laughing at us on the NFL network, and I can’t imagine why, because I’m crying. Who we could have had - Cory Lynch

2d pick - The brain waves coming off of Vinnies head are now so intense that they are boiling coffee across the room. With this burst of brilliance Vincent picks Kareem Moore, an undersized safety that up until today was working in a car wash in Melvin, Colorado, and absolutely no one connected to pro football had ever heard of. Who we could have had - Spencer Larsen, Erin Henderson ( throw him in anywhere here ) Mike Gibson, or Chris Harrington.

3d Pick - Colt Brennan. Huh? Colt apparently wowed both Vinnie and his life partner, Danny Snids when he threw the football the length of Vinnies car. Who we could have had - John Sullivan, Mike Humpal, Steve Justice, Andy Studebaker, Brian Johnston - our biggest mistake of the draft, Caleb Campbell, Josh Barrett, King Dunlap, or Cory Clark.

Round 7. This can’t come soon enough, because the Wiz Kid is back in the broom closet, but he’s screaming that there are spiders all over his body. New Coach Jim Zorn is wondering what the flying F*** he’s gotten himself into, but he clams everyone in the room and then following hand written instructions from “The Big Snyd” himself, slides a large bag of opium and a picture of Merv Griffin under the door of the broom closet. It works! Vinnie storms out of the closet and demands to know how many picks we have left. Informed that it’s only one more pick Vinnie shouts, “ Come on, boys we just got to make this one count! Let’s pick Chris Horton! “ Coach Zorn spoke for all in the room when he said, 'Who the flaming f*** is Chris Horton? Who we could have had - Erin Henderson, Jamar Adams.

How this could have gone down

Round 2 Jordy Nelson, Calais Campbell, Quentin Groves

Round 3 Mike McGlynn

Round 4 Orlando Scandrick

Round 6 Cory Lynch, John Sullivan, Brian Johnston

Round 7 Marcus Monk, Erin Henderson, Jamar Adams

The plain fact is nobody knows who will make it and who won’t. I also think that that fans of this team have to recognize three facts: 1. This is as poor a drafting team as there is in the NFL 2. The management of this team absolutely refuse to pay any attention at all to players who could provide a pass rush. 3, Until Dan Snyder comes to terms with the FACT that he needs to hire a real GM. We will have train wrecks ever year.

<edit> New Coach Jim Zorn is wondering what the flying F*** he’s gotten himself into, <edit> “ Coach Zorn spoke for all in the room when he said, 'Who the flaming f*** is Chris Horton? .

Forum Rule #6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters. Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Archived