Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: 2008 NFL DRAFT FROM REDSKINS PARK (Final)

JimmiJo

People I guess just have to ***** about something

that they do!

3 2nds should equal 3 starters, plus we have our comp 3rd and now a 4th. That is a lot of good value, depth, and will be much cheaper in terms of signing bonuses

I agree that you can't go by the numbers...it all matters what we need. However its funny to look at profootballtalk.com they have an update draft trade chart and all 3 of the picks we obtained don't even equal our first rounder that we gave up.

Their draft chart is different than the one posted here on ES? Because according to that one, the three picks we received easily goes over the value of our #21 pick. Even if you add in the 3rd and 5th rounders we come out ahead.

Guys, I bet we're all on pins and needles, but what we really need now is some braeaks for this to be really cool...I don't care how much is from lick or from FO smarts...I just would like to see our first three selections be players who are agrred to have good solid talent for their position even if our personal priorities of position prioties vary...no slackers! no projects! no "surprises" no late-stage dumb deals! :)...then we will all breathe a little easier..

yeah, I'm with you on this. As much as I have preferences on who we should draft, I mainly just want guys who are not reaches or chance type players in the second. I'd like us to get some guys who are going to come in here and contribute.

This is clearly a good move. Just do the math, we made out quite well on the value chart.

We moved down from 21 to 34 and moved our natural third up a whole round and our fifth up more than a round and a half.

If you are watching the draft right now then it is clear that for our need positions, there was NO VALUE at 21 at all. None. The guy ATL traded with us to get was a fringe first rounder, early 2nd at best. Merling still hasn't gone. None of the WRs have gone.

Obviously anyone we took at 21 would have been a big reach. Now we stand a chance to maximize the value of our first pick, while moving way, way up in two other rounds.

It's not a fleecing, but it's more than fair and fits our needs MUCH BETTER.

This guy made me like the trade much better. I just don't like having to give up our third rounder and fifth rounder for a fourth. If it was our 1st and 5th for their two 2nds and 4th it would've made more sense. But whatever.

If Calais Campbell is available when we pick we must take him. I don't like Merling's sports hernia. If we could get James Hardy or Limas Sweed as well I will have a celebration.

Okay, Miami took Merling. If we take a DE it will definitley be Campbell.

This site keeps crashing on me. I blame espn for bad reporting.---is this happening to everyone?

Thomas was number 1 rated wr by most, im in the big 10 and not so sold on him, but not upset at all, lets get some line help though....please

Archived