Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: 2008 NFL DRAFT FROM REDSKINS PARK (Final)

JimmiJo

from what i see from these picks zorn is really looking to run a wide open offense. im thinking that we are going to see some 4 wide and maybe 3 wide/2 te sets next year. zorn seems really committed to seeing jason succeed and is trying to get him the best weapons with which to do so. if i was jason i would be very excited right now.

admittedly im not really big on the davis or kelly picks. i think that the skins were going to give campbell a hard look at 51 but the god damn cardinals picked him at 50 :doh: but reading cerrattos comments kelly was the guy all along so i dont know. i would have liked to see the skins have picked trevor laws or calais campbell at 48 and then kelly or davis at 51 but hey what do i know im a fan.

:2cents:

Based on how the draft played out and the teams obvious desire to load up on talent at skill positions for Zorn's WCO, I'd say give the front office the benefit of the doubt on Day 1. Even if they had picked Campbell, Laws, Groves, etc., who is to say they would be impact players right away or at all. They were not considered elite talent. Good players yes but not elite. The skins picked up skilled players considered to be elite in this draft class anyway that suited their needs. Can't argue with that.

The other counter argument to the dislike for not taking defensive players on day 1 is this. Yes, there are deficiencies on defense but they were ranked 6th overall last year, warts and all. That can be misleading I guess if you witnessed those painful stretches of being unable to pressure the QB but I'd say they won't have a huge fall with the current structure of the D in 08' and by adding some quality players on day 2, they should be able to hold things together until the 09' draft.

Reaching for talent on the Oline would have been another bad move considering the early run on the premier OT's. Part of the value they got in the second round is because Atlanta reached for Baker.

Let's just hope for no major injuries along both lines and that Zorn's WCO takes some of the pressure off the D and I think folks will see this team is headed in the right direction.

Interesting perspectives on this board. Personally, I'm happy that we're actually having a draft, and a quality one at that; as opposed to trading away the picks and spending crazy money in free agency for big-named has-beens that don't produce. Man, I am so happy to see f*ggin' Brandon Lloyd gone!!!

So hey, this has already been one helluva draft, with more action to come today.

Interesting perspectives on this board. Personally, I'm happy that we're actually having a draft, and a quality one at that; as opposed to trading away the picks and spending crazy money in free agency for big-named has-beens that don't produce. Man, I am so happy to see f*ggin' Brandon Lloyd gone!!!

So hey, this has already been one helluva draft, with more action to come today.

Amen, amen and amen :cheers:

Got the seal of approval from JLC. There's a first :rolleyes:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Skins send the 103rd pick to Tennesse for the 124th and 157th picks.

Skins did not previously have a 5th round pick, so now they get one. Guessing they may target a a QB there, now that they have that pick. Gotta think they look DL with the 4th round pick and there's some good ones still on the board.

We are looking really good right now. There is a lot of DL remaining and the addition of Thomas, Kelly and Davis will make us VERY lethal this year. Im super stoked to see Jason play with all these targets this year!!! Rinehart was an awesome pick as well, I took him in my draft as well. We are having a SWEET draft this year!!!

Here's to a Brian Johnston DE and Antwaun Moldin CB and Dennis Dixon QB in the 4th, 5th and 6th!!! :applause:

Archived