Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama: "I'm not a perfect person, and I won't be a perfect President."

Heisenberg

Statements like this from Obama are one of the main reasons I will probably vote Dem for Pres. if he is the candidate for the first time in my life.

Don't know, I see good things in Obama. But McCain has said some things that make me think I might vote Republican for the first time since Bush 1.

The issue is not perfection. The issue is that Obama will not be the President of the United States of America, ever! He is way too far to the left for mainstream America and John McCain is just centrist enough to beat him or Hillary. McCain will win the 08 election by a landlslide, mark it!

I wouldn't be too sure.

Obama is way left, but people don't care. He's got people lining up left and right for to vote for him and they don't even know why they're excited about him. They just know they hate Bush, therefore hate Republicans and won't even consider what they have to say. They think that in order to "fix" everything that has gone wrong over the past 8 years they have to go in the polar opposite direction.

Hilary has too much baggage with her to turn people off. Obama provides a positive personality, charisma and youth. And that excites people.

McCain is old, white, Republican...and by default, evil. At least thats the way people like to see things.

McCain doesn't win in a landslide. I think the "landslide" days are over.

Congrats, Dubya. Thanks for ****ing up the GOP for the past 8 years and making people think that all Conservatives believe in what you believe in. Way to go. :applause: :notworthy :cheers:

I wouldn't be too sure.

Obama is way left, but people don't care. He's got people lining up left and right for to vote for him and they don't even know why they're excited about him. They just know they hate Bush, therefore hate Republicans and won't even consider what they have to say. They think that in order to "fix" everything that has gone wrong over the past 8 years they have to go in the polar opposite direction.

Hilary has too much baggage with her to turn people off. Obama provides a positive personality, charisma and youth. And that excites people.

McCain is old, white, Republican...and by default, evil. At least thats the way people like to see things.

McCain doesn't win in a landslide. I think the "landslide" days are over.

Congrats, Dubya. Thanks for ****ing up the GOP for the past 8 years and making people think that all Conservatives believe in what you believe in. Way to go. :applause: :notworthy :cheers:

Come on SS . . . you have to give a LITTLE more credit to some of us supporters than that.

Well, I'd go out on a limb and say that was true for at least 5 of the first 8 years.

Come on SS . . . you have to give a LITTLE more credit to some of us supporters than that.

There are plenty of well informed posters out there who know Obama's policies and like them. And if thats what they like in a candidate, thats fine with me.

But even as an Obama supporter, you have to admit that there are a bunch of people out there who fit the profile which I outlined in my previous post.

I have alot of respect for politicians that are willing to say that they won't be perfect, no one is perfect--and no president will be perfect.

agreed. A truthful person is the best kind of person.

And Obama can admit that. So the bashers need to back the hell off.

There are plenty of well informed posters out there who know Obama's policies and like them. And if thats what they like in a candidate, thats fine with me.

But even as an Obama supporter, you have to admit that there are a bunch of people out there who fit the profile which I outlined in my previous post.

Yeah but are you going to tell me that the majority that put Bush in office twice were "well informed" voters.

The fact is that "conservative" has become someone synonymous with the religious right . . . and you can blame a lot of that on the Republican party itself. Serious issues were put on the backburner for the 2004 election so the politicians could stand up there and argue important issues that effect each and every one of us on a daily basis . . . like gay marriage and abortion.

Allright Spiff, the election requires 270 electoral votes for victory. I will say now that McCain receives over 300 of those votes and become the next POTUS.

Care to place a sig bet on it. Oh wait, you still haven't used a David Beckham sig from the last bet we had.

Spaceman Spiff

The Franchise Player

The%20Franchise%20Player.gif

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Beckham and his wife are trying too hard?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bschurm

Let's not even wait until next year, let's say by the end of this season, the LA Galalxy will have at least a 20% increase in average stadium attendence from just under 21,000 in 2006 to over 25,000 by the end of this season. That won't even factor in that the season is almost halfway over.

I win, you wear a Beckham sig for a month, if you win, you can come up with a sig for me. Just be mindful that your sig will be a soccer player nothing out of whack.

Sure, only if you mean people that actually show up. We're not talking paid attendance here.

Still, a 4-5k increase in attendance is pretty pathetic. 25k people out to see a soccer game in a stadium that holds much more still proves my point that a lot of people in this country don't care about soccer.

Sig bets fine with me, I guess. Though I dunno how I'll come up with one for you. We'll see. :D

I don't think it's that they don't know ... they just don't really care.

Universal health care? Capital gains taxes? Iraq? A lot of people just don't really see how those things will affect their daily lives. They just want a President that they can trust, and someone they can be proud of. They feel like something is wrong with Washington but maybe not on specific policy issues ... Obama appeals to a lot of those feelings, and people just seem to like him. That's all it really takes to win sometimes.

Yeah but are you going to tell me that the majority that put Bush in office twice were "well informed" voters.

The fact is that "conservative" has become someone synonymous with the religious right . . . and you can blame a lot of that on the Republican party itself. Serious issues were put on the backburner for the 2004 election so the politicians could stand up there and argue important issues that effect each and every one of us on a daily basis . . . like gay marriage and abortion.

That's nice, but I wasn't talking about conservatives. I was talking about people not knowing why they're voting for Obama :)

And to get this back on track, I like Obama's statement...it's refreshing.

Allright Spiff, the election requires 270 electoral votes for victory. I will say now that McCain receives over 300 of those votes and become the next POTUS.

Care to place a sig bet on it. Oh wait, you still haven't used a David Beckham sig from the last bet we had.

Spaceman Spiff

The Franchise Player

The%20Franchise%20Player.gif

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Beckham and his wife are trying too hard?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bschurm

Let's not even wait until next year, let's say by the end of this season, the LA Galalxy will have at least a 20% increase in average stadium attendence from just under 21,000 in 2006 to over 25,000 by the end of this season. That won't even factor in that the season is almost halfway over.

I win, you wear a Beckham sig for a month, if you win, you can come up with a sig for me. Just be mindful that your sig will be a soccer player nothing out of whack.

Sure, only if you mean people that actually show up. We're not talking paid attendance here.

Still, a 4-5k increase in attendance is pretty pathetic. 25k people out to see a soccer game in a stadium that holds much more still proves my point that a lot of people in this country don't care about soccer.

Sig bets fine with me, I guess. Though I dunno how I'll come up with one for you. We'll see. :D

Where are your numbers? Does anyone give a crap about MLS soccer?

IIRC, Beckham spent a good chunk of his time injured and the majority of people out there still don't care about soccer.

Even if he did increase the attendance by 4k-5k, you know as well as I do that soccer has yet to make "the leap" in popularity in this country.

But if it makes you feel better, fine...I'll wear the David Beckham sig..

Where are your numbers? Does anyone give a crap about MLS soccer?

IIRC, Beckham spent a good chunk of his time injured and the majority of people out there still don't care about soccer.

Even if he did increase the attendance by 4k-5k, you know as well as I do that soccer has yet to make "the leap" in popularity in this country.

But if it makes you feel better, fine...I'll wear the David Beckham sig..

Damn Spiff, I was just having a little fun. But if you want to bet a sig on the outcome of McCain's win in November, I'm all for it. :silly:

Damn Spiff, I was just having a little fun. But if you want to bet a sig on the outcome of McCain's win in November, I'm all for it. :silly:

Haha, well a sig bet is a sig bet and if you won the Beckham sig bet, I'll wear it proudly.

It's just been a long night, I'm a bit tired. :)

As far as betting on McCain, I hope you're right.

If Dubya ****ed up the GOP then Clinton helped set him up with his lack of being a good President. :2cents:

Its hard to walk into a job and have a major attack happen on US soil and succeed.

If Dubya ****ed up the GOP then Clinton helped set him up with his lack of being a good President. :2cents:

Its hard to walk into a job and have a major attack happen on US soil and succeed.

ahhh the proud the base... where george bush could drink babies blood and still would be doing no wrong. cuz it would have been clintons fault.

Washington made his name in battle. A burning White House brought Madison made him into a great President. An attack on Fort Sumter made Lincoln into a great President. An attack on Pearl Harbor made FDR into a great President. A Missile Crisis made JFK into a great President.

Many of our most beloved Presidents are remembered for how they responded to attacks and led us to victory. Bush had the loyalty and support of the country after 9/11, and he had an opportunity to be one of the greatest Presidents in recent memory ... he threw all that goodwill away by botching the invasion of Iraq. :2cents:

- James Madison

- Abraham Lincoln

- FDR

- George W Bush, pre-Iraq

Hmm.

pre-Iraq? he was in office for 9 months when we were attacked. Try to think before you say stuff like that. He has basically been at war for 8 years with the Middle East.

FDR was and is constantly criticized for the concentration camps that he put the Japanese in during WWII. The way he "bent the constitution" is another reason he was vastly unpopular. The fact that he befriended Stalin after he treated the Ukranians so wrong and basically starved millions of them.

How many people were lost during the Civil War when Abe was president? Over half a million in 4 years, thats how many. You think GW is bad, try that on for size. Lincoln constantly went around Congress to form militias. Suspending habeus coprus...I can go on if you need for me to.

Madison I am not going to go into...I think I have proven myself enough.

ahhh the proud the base... where george bush could drink babies blood and still would be doing no wrong. cuz it would have been clintons fault.

add something or move on. Just because you sip from the cup of Obama doesnt mean that all of us do.

Obama is telling you what you wanna hear, just like Slick Willie did and Like George Sr did with "no new taxes". If you wanna sit back and believe the hype you go for it, but Im not going to let him fool me when I have been witnessing him flip flop or not take a stand on most major issues he is confronted with.

Im not going to be perfect = Im going to **** things up big time. But when I do and you get upset, I warned you so Im clear.

add something or move on. Just because you sip from the cup of Obama doesnt mean that all of us do.

Obama is telling you what you wanna hear, just like Slick Willie did and Like George Sr did with "no new taxes". If you wanna sit back and believe the hype you go for it, but Im not going to let him fool me when I have been witnessing him flip flop or not take a stand on most major issues he is confronted with.

Im not going to be perfect = Im going to **** things up big time. But when I do and you get upset, I warned you so Im clear.

don't really care who wins the election at this point... i think a president as bad as Bush is like a 100 year storm... don't expect to ever see one that bad again in my life time. not really stressing. just amazed that people can still support him.

don't really care who wins the election at this point... i think a president as bad as Bush is like a 100 year storm... don't expect to ever see one that bad again in my life time. not really stressing. just amazed that people can still support him.

right. clinton was awesome huh. :doh:

you'd have to shut your brain down to not think that he was a good president.

or youd have to actually try and use yours to not believe that he should have stopped bin Laden when he had the chance. Or that he shouldnt have been ****ing women and having affairs on his wife while he was president. or that he should have used a cigar for its proper use. or that he shouldnt have supported the shutting down of as many military bases as he did. or the fact that he allowed the .com business boom happen so much when it was known that it was hollow and would crash eventually.

yeah, try shutting down my brain indeed. :laugh:

Archived