Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama: "I'm not a perfect person, and I won't be a perfect President."

Heisenberg

Is this quote supposed to be news? Maybe I'm just confused... Obviously no one is a perfect person and no one will be a perfect president. I swear, people are so enamored with Obama stating the obvious, this guy could talk about water being wet and people think his words are prophetic. :rolleyes:

pre-Iraq? he was in office for 9 months when we were attacked.

And in those 9 months he:

• Disbanded the unit in the CIA that was monitoring Osama and al Qaeda.
  • Created an intel unit that was tasked with finding a reason to invade Iraq.
  • Can't seem to find any records that say he was or wasn't at the daily briefing titled "Ossamma determined to attack within the US".
  • Took two months vacation.

FDR was and is constantly criticized for the concentration camps that he put the Japanese in during WWII. The way he "bent the constitution" is another reason he was vastly unpopular. The fact that he befriended Stalin after he treated the Ukranians so wrong and basically starved millions of them.

How many people were lost during the Civil War when Abe was president? Over half a million in 4 years, thats how many. You think GW is bad, try that on for size. Lincoln constantly went around Congress to form militias. Suspending habeus coprus...I can go on if you need for me to.

Despite those criticisms, FDR and Lincoln are still remembered as two of our greatest Presidents. Monuments to each stand within a half-mile of each other on the National Mall.

Why is that? It's because they won. In the bloodiest war on American soil, Lincoln kept the union together, and he did it in four years. In the largest war the world had ever seen, FDR mobilized America and laid the foundation for the past fifty years of American superiority.

All you have to do is win, and win decisively ...

Bush could have taken his time, assembled a force large enough to both take out Saddam and preempt the insurgency, and developed a realistic plan for postwar Iraq. He could have finished off Bin Laden before invading a second country.

He could have won decisively, and like Washington, Madison, Jackson, Lincoln, Grant, Teddy, FDR, Eisenhower, JFK, and Reagan, he would be remembered as a wartime hero.

But he didn't. He botched it. And he will not be remembered fondly. Not because he was attacked, but because he wasn't able to finish the job he started.

• Can't seem to find any records that say he was or wasn't at the daily briefing titled "Ossamma determined to attack within the US".

what are you adding here Larry? Youre such a big flag waver for the constitution then you should try to defend FDR and Abe with all of their antics instead of just trying to jump on to me like you normally do with your sideways comments.

Despite those criticisms, FDR and Lincoln are still remembered as two of our greatest Presidents. Monuments to each stand within a half-mile of each other on the National Mall.

Why is that? It's because they won. In the bloodiest war on American soil, Lincoln kept the union together, and he did it in four years. In the largest war the world had ever seen, FDR mobilized America and laid the foundation for the past fifty years of American superiority.

All you have to do is win, and win decisively ...

Bush could have taken his time, assembled a force large enough to both take out Saddam and preempt the insurgency, and developed a realistic plan for postwar Iraq. He could have finished off Bin Laden before invading a second country.

He could have won decisively, and like Washington, Madison, Jackson, Lincoln, Grant, Teddy, FDR, Eisenhower, JFK, and Reagan, he would be remembered as a wartime hero.

But he didn't. He botched it. And he will not be remembered fondly. Not because he was attacked, but because he wasn't able to finish the job he started.

oh yeah because they won huh. You just made a blanket statement about how good and well loved they were yet when I say they werent well loved you come back with "well they won".

Lincoln lost OVER 500,000 people in 4 years, what dont you get about that?

Youre just a Bush hater and your true colors are showing. You are blinded by other presidents who have done far worse to people then Bush has yet you just have this infatuation with Dubya and the need to hate the man.

oh yeah because they won huh. You just made a blanket statement about how good and well loved they were yet when I say they werent well loved you come back with "well they won".

Lincoln lost OVER 500,000 people in 4 years, what dont you get about that?

He saved the union. History looks the other way.

lincoln-memorial-address.jpg

puh lease. save your stupid pictures and waste of page space.

Rocky Balboa has a statue too, do you go bow to that too?

Yes. It was a great movie, and it gave America hope in a time of cynicism and strife.

But Lincoln > Rocky. ;)

yeah and Mr T beats both.

Enough of yo jibba jabba :silly:

Where's Mr. T's statue? :whoknows:

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, Bush will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history because he started a war he couldn't finish.

Where's Mr. T's statue? :whoknows:

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, Bush will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history because he started a war he couldn't finish.

and FDR sucks because he put innocent people in concentration camps

and Lincoln sucks because he went around the Constitution so often and killed over half a million people in 4 years.

hey, this game is fun. :cool:

and FDR sucks because he put innocent people in concentration camps

and Lincoln sucks because he went around the Constitution so often and killed over half a million people in 4 years.

hey, this game is fun. :cool:

But they will never suck as much as Bush.

Lincoln Memorial:

lincoln_memorial_01.jpg

FDR Memorial:

fdr1.jpg

Bush Memorial:

empty-case.jpg

True, but the contacts that we had in Pakistan and Afghanistan were murdered and defeated at the hands of al-Qaeda and the Taliban before GWB took office. That unit was no longer effective.

False. Iraq was given multiple ultimatums from the UN regarding inspectors. Plans were devised by the Pentagon in order to assure compliance.

Nothing like taking a shot in the dark and hoping it sticks.

False. Two weeks were set aside in August - a month that is typically used by the executive and legislative branches as vacation time.

Even if you like Bush and think highly of him I don't see how you could possibly compare him to Lincoln or FDR.

Bush has done some great work. Sadly the majority of his constituents have know idea about it.

That photo was taken in 2094 and transported back from the future. :silly:

Ok, you need to teach me how to do this future thing. I'm thinking of a certain party later this summer... :laugh:

Hey Jumbo, stay on topic will ya! Otherwise, I'll use to go back and forth in time - I forsee major changes at ES. :D

Ok, you need to teach me how to do this future thing. I'm thinking of a certain party later this summer... :laugh:

Hey Jumbo, stay on topic will ya! Otherwise, I'll use to go back and forth in time - I forsee major changes at ES. :D

Hey, I got your topic hanging in the other thread:laugh:

False. Iraq was given multiple ultimatums from the UN regarding inspectors. Plans were devised by the Pentagon in order to assure compliance.

True.

Bush created a special intel office, run out of the Pentagon, who's job was to grab all intel on Iraq, and feed that intel directly to the White House, so that the White House could use that information before the CIA could check the information to see if it was believable.

It contributed such gems as the "Niger yellowcake" information. (Which was based on a forged document, but which the CIA hadn't proven was forged, yet.) (Although they had proven it was forged before Bush used it in his SotU.)

Nothing like taking a shot in the dark and hoping it sticks.

Fact: There was a PDB titled "Ossama determined to attack within the US"

Fact: W announced "We had no idea that Ossama was going to attack within the US"

Fact: All of the records that would say whether W was or wasn't present at that Presidential Daily Briefing are missing.

False. Two weeks were set aside in August - a month that is typically used by the executive and legislative branches as vacation time.

Now, granted, I'm just going by memory, here. But I seem to recall him taking the entire month of August off. And roughly 3 out of 4 weekends, for his first year.

In fact, I seem to remember someone pointing out that, in his first year, Bush took more vacation days than any previous President had ever taken during their entire term.

(Yes, I realize that that's one of those statistics that makes a much better sound bite than it's true significance.)

(Remembering when Bush was asked if he'd made any mistakes in office, and he couldn't think of any.)

Still. Strikes me as a dumb thing to say as a candidate.

You are damned if you do, damned if you don't answer that question... The democrats were asked this in one of the debates (around 14, I believe) and they all answered, "Of course I've made mistakes..." Then none of them would elaborate. Hillary was the only one who admitted that she made a mistake with the Bosnia Sniper thing, but that was in the news at the time and it was an obvious mistake and I believe it was the entire reason the question was asked (I guess the moderator was biased).

It's funny how much democrats love distractions when they are anti-bush distractions.

It contributed such gems as the "Niger yellowcake" information. (Which was based on a forged document, but which the CIA hadn't proven was forged, yet.) (Although they had proven it was forged before Bush used it in his SotU.)

The famous "16 words" at the State of the Union weren't a lie... It hadn't been "proven" as you say, there were competing bits of intelligence on this:

http://www.factcheck.org/bushs_16_words_on_iraq_uranium.html

Archived