Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WVU FB Schmitt has high hopes for NFL Draft

squatch66

Originally Posted by Major Harris

i know we have 2 3rd rounders, i can't remember where the comp. pick is in the 3rd....if it's at the tail end, and he's available, take him.

owen schmitt in a 'skins uni will break all record levels of man crush for me.

Same here. I would set the land speed record acquiring that jersey.

i know we have 2 3rd rounders, i can't remember where the comp. pick is in the 3rd....if it's at the tail end, and he's available, take him.

owen schmitt in a 'skins uni will break all record levels of man crush for me. :D

[/i]

Same here. I would set the land speed record acquiring that jersey.

As would I.

I actually asked the mods if i could change my handle to DraftOwen08, but got denied. :laugh:

Rodriguez leaving probably had something to do with it.

I believe he and Slaton Share the same person as an Agent.

I just have a question for members who advocate us picking Schmitt; I'm just curious if you guys have no faith at all in Broughton or is it that you just love this kid Schmitt so much?

What has broughton done? Nothing. Second of all, I feel that Sellars is not the complete Full back he could be. How many stupid penalties, dropped balls in his hands etc do we have to watch before we replace him?

Now as for Schmitt I love this guy. He's probably the Best Full Back I've had the privilege to watch since Alstott at Purdue. Yes he is THAT good.

I like Owen Schmitt but he's not worth taking in the third round which is where people around here would like for us to take him.

Do you really think a pure fullback could fill the role of a big possession receiever? I was thinking more along the lines of drafing a WR who could be our big possession receiver.

I keep hearing if only we had a 4th Rounder. Believe me people, he won't last till the fourth round. Heck he may not even last to our first pick in the Third Round. That's why I don't think we will get him. He will be a stud for some team other than the Skins I'm almost 100% sure of that.

Why'd Slaton come out?

Two Words NOEL DEVINE. Slaton wouldn't improve his draft stock staying another year because he wouldn't get anymore carries next year. Slaton said he was staying, then changed his mind. He most likely talked to his coaches and was told his carries wouldn't increase and most likely would decrease even more this year.

Two Words NOEL DEVINE. Slaton wouldn't improve his draft stock staying another year because he wouldn't get anymore carries next year. Slaton said he was staying, then changed his mind. He most likely talked to his coaches and was told his carries wouldn't increase and most likely would decrease even more this year.

Very similar to the Antonio Pittman situation at Ohio State. With Beanie Wells taking over. I guess they don't want to ride the pine.

Archived