Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Chad Johnson DEMANDS Trade

WizSkinsO's

If we can get him for cheap then get him. But do not trade a lot.

Oh yeah I thought about this too. If they want Santana Moss I say give him to them. Moss is my man and he is a good WR. But man is he inconsistent, plus we can find a 3rd WR and make EL's #2. But if we can keep him and get Johnson then we have to do that.

I think there would be a higher offer from a different team.

You would think, but based on past WR trades for picks, it doesnt seem like that is the trend. Add to the fact that chad is a trouble maker + will need a new contract, teams might not want to trade alot. Maybe they will.

I am just basing it off of history. I think chad fits well here because his friends are on the team.

BUT saying that I also feel that Vinny and Dan (Dan mostly) wants the big time WR. I think Vinny will use a first and a third in 09' to get Chad in here after June 1st.

I also, have a feeling that we will use all our picks and pick up a WR in the 3rd round, then evaluate the roster after June 1st as you have said and will probably use draft choices for a trade depending on how this draft goes. If we skip drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds, he's here. Also, if we take a WR in the first, there may be a trade coming later on down the line if Cincy gives us permission to rework his contract.

Limas Sweed= not sure to be a game breaker

James Hardy= not sure to be a game breaker

Malcolm Kelly= not sure to be a game breaker

Devin Thomas (who is not going to be there when we pick anyway)= not sure to be a game breaker

Chad Johnson= proven game breaker. I know, he has attitude issues, but I will almost guarantee those will simmer down once he is out of Cincinnati. I don't agree with it, but I really think his antics are just his way (or Drew Rosenhaus') to get him out of Cincy. I don't think a lot of what we see in the media is the real Chad Johnson.

we shouldn't be drafting a WR with our 21st anyways. What good is a game changing WR if our QB is on his back?

You would think, but based on past WR trades for picks, it doesnt seem like that is the trend. Add to the fact that chad is a trouble maker + will need a new contract, teams might not want to trade alot. Maybe they will.

I am just basing it off of history. I think chad fits well here because his friends are on the team.

Really, I just think if we go after CJ Philly would butt in and go after him too seeing as how they went after Moss and are looking to upgrade at wr also.

If he can be had for a #2 or #3, maybe

You people who would mortgage the farm for a 30 year old WR who wants to be paid in the neighborhood of 8-9Mil per season are retarded. He would only be worth that money for 2-3 seasons and then be a drain on our cap. Not to mention that we can see how he treats a team that he doesn't want to be a part of. If there was a legit reason for him behaving this way, that's one thing, but don't sign a lucrative extension and then turn around and complain a year later.

All that aside, if we can get him for a lower pick and can get away with a contract in the 6Mil a year range, that is a whole different story.

It's better financially this year for the Bengals to trade him after June 1st, which I predict will be when this all happens.

well he can be "traded" now and it wont officially happen till june 1st!

i can def see us trading a 1st or 2nd on him....depending on whos bidding along with us...i know were gonna put our hand in this cookie jar!!

Now the issue is what to give up:

1. Jwalk was traded for a 2nd rounder a few years back

2. Chambers was traded for a 2nd rounder during the year

3. Moss was traded for a 4th rounder.--obviously a steal.

So it seems a 2nd round pick *should* do the trick.

Other considerations:

1. He definitely doesn't want to play in CIN -> trade value significantly diminishes.

2. Other teams need a player like CJ -> trade value goes up.

3. Huge cap hit for the Bengals -> won't give him up for cheap.

So I feel these three conditions even themselves out and I agree with your 2nd round assessment.

You see, I DON'T believe that Chad Johnson just wants to win, because his actions and statements suggest otherwise and are not conducive to creating a winning atmosphere.

I've never heard him even talk about wanting to play for a winning team. He says nothing about what the Bengals have done as an organization to field a winning team. He just says it's about getting paid. It's about what's best for Chad Johnson. He says it's about respect, yet he gives no respect.

I've never heard words come of of Johnson's mouth that suggest he has any respect for the game or for winning. It's all about his own personal glory and wealth, teammates be damned.

I think it would be a huge mistake for the Redskins to give up players or draft choices for this guy, then re-do his contract. I don't care how talented the guy is (and he's not as good as he thinks he is). It sends a terrible message to Redskins players if they deal for Johnson.

See, the thing is, you may be right, I may be right, but we really don't know. Media can portray things and people how they want them in certain instances, and we all know that Drew Rosenhaus is in Chad's ear, telling him to say outlandish things. I am just waiting for another one of these.

0412agent.jpg

I am sure Chad loves the attention, but I just do not think he is an all-around bad guy. I think a lot of this is a show.

It just seems like CJ needs a fresh start. Who are his friends in Cincinnati? Houshmenzadah? Carson Palmer? They've got a lot of guys that seems to have, well, no personality, atleast that are in common with CJ. I think CJ would fit right in with Clinton, Santana, Smoot, Cooley and the gang. I'm all for it. Got get him.

we shouldn't be drafting a WR with our 21st anyways. What good is a game changing WR if our QB is on his back?

I don't disagree, but that has been what most of the chatter is about, a big WR. And I do not think any linemen worth drafting that high will be around when we pick, since Albert is probably going to be long gone. Anyone else there may be a reach.

I hate seeing this. How would we feel if it was Portis demanding a trade? I feel for the Bengal fans. Knowing a guy wants out, what team is going to offer fair value for him. I don't like the precident this sets for the league.

after all...who would want out of a great situation like the Bungles have going!!!!

Boo frickedy who. It's great news for us. We can get a premiere WR for a lot cheaper than we should now.

The Bengals have treated him like crap the last few years' date=' they deserve it.[/quote']

Cheaper how? Maybe the Bengals decide to make the best out of a bad situation and go make the trade rather than play hard ball and have a distraction. Thats does not translate into getting him cheap either in terms of draft picks or contract.

The value on what we would have to give the Bengals will be determined by the market for his services. If we are the only bidder fine we can drive the price down but you have to believe that there will be other teams in the market for him - Cowboys, Eagles and 49ers come to mind as other teams who would need a WR.

Then you have to think about the contract he is going to want - that will NOT be cheap.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. I can't imagine working under a contract that I can't terminate at will. Athletes can't choose who to work for in their given field and thus have to go to extraordinary means to convince teams to let them go in some cases. The guy for whatever reason doesn't see eye to eye with management and wants a change of scenery.

If one of us doesn't like our employer we say goodbye and find a better job. Chad can't do that.

Chad should learn to understand English........"We are not trading Chad Johnson", I believe is what Marvin Lewis said, so I`m waiting to see who blinks first. Either way I don`t want him, no one has found a cure for Cancer.

:2cents:

you're right! certainly losing year in and year out isn't a cure!

I'd be shocked if the Bengals trade him. It wouldn't be good for them or the rest of the league. The NFL can't have a trend start where players act like morons until they get traded. I gurantee if the Bengals don't trade him, he'll play this year for the Bengals. Just like Lance Briggs did last year. He said on Apr. 2nd that he planned on going to mandatory team activities.

And it has officially has hit the fan. I predict he will be wearing the B&G by the end of the draft. And I am not sure how I feel about it.

Clarification: I love Johnson, but if (and it is a big if) Boldin or Roy Williams were available, I would rather go after them. Just due to them being younger. I am not worried about the theatrics, I think they are exactly that. He is not a bad seed, he just wants to get the hell out of Cincy.

5 TIME PRO BOWLER ENOUGH SAID :applause:

He is worth the 21st pick.

To us? I don't think so. If we were a team that was one player away from winning a Superbowl, maybe that logic makes sense. But, whoever we pick with the 21st pick is going to be a starter far longer than Chad Johnson is.

Fact is, it is really an unknown if all the pieces can come together soon enough for Chad Johnson to make a difference. Not to mention all the other parts that could use improvement in the meantime.

Fact is, I probably wouldn't give up more than a 3rd round pick for him. We need our top picks to continue getting younger as a team and build a winner for the long haul.

Jason

Archived