Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Kenny Phillips gets drafted by a division rival(21 related)

xX2PORTIS6Xx

How would you feel if Phillips gets drafted by a division rival? I know in my

case, I would hate it. It would feel like they(:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck) get what

we had. I know we still have Landry but its the fact that its the next big thing,

from the U, playing the same position, with the POTENTIAL to be just as big.In

most mocks they have him going 19th to the Eagles ,everytime I see that it

makes me sick and sommewhat sad :( (I think we all know why).Am I the only

one who feels like this?

I think Kenny Phillips is about 1/2 the prospect that Taylor was. Sean was quite possibly a generational talent. Nobody will be getting another ST in Phillips or anyone else for that matter. He was and always will be one of a kind. Whoever drafts Phillips will get a solid safety, but probably not a star. In the last decade I think the Skins have picked up the two best Free Safeties in all of those drafts in Taylor and Landry.

This thread and it's creator are absolutely retarded, and I find this thread offensive. How can you say that a team in the NFC East by drafting Phillips would get "what we had"? That's disrespectful to Sean, Sean was much more talented and sought after coming out of Miami, we took him with the 5th pick; while Phillips is being projected in the mid-to-late 1st round. Also to say Phillips will be the next ST isn't fair to ST or Phillips, I hope the Skins don't draft Phillips because of people like you. You say Phillips is the next Taylor, do you realize how much pressure Phillips would be under? Also there's no way Phillips could live up to those standards. Phillips would not be able to live up to the pressure and hype that would be placed on him, especially being drafted #21 and playing the same position ST played at the same college. If another NFC East team drafts Phillips good for them, but to say they are getting the player we just lost, R.I.P. ST, is just plain idiotic and disrespectful by all means.

This thread and it's creator are absolutely retarded, and I find this thread offensive. How can you say that a team in the NFC East by drafting Phillips would get "what we had"? That's disrespectful to Sean, Sean was much more talented and sought after coming out of Miami, we took him with the 5th pick; while Phillips is being projected in the mid-to-late 1st round. Also to say Phillips will be the next ST isn't fair to ST or Phillips, I hope the Skins don't draft Phillips because of people like you. You say Phillips is the next Taylor, do you realize how much pressure Phillips would be under? Also there's no way Phillips could live up to those standards. Phillips would not be able to live up to the pressure and hype that would be placed on him, especially being drafted #21 and playing the same position ST played at the same college. If another NFC East team drafts Phillips good for them, but to say they are getting the player we just lost, R.I.P. ST, is just plain idiotic and disrespectful by all means.
What are you talking about?I didnt say hes the next Sean Taylor.Are you drunk.Check the sig, Does it look like I want to draft him?

case, I would hate it. It would feel like they(:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck) get what

we had . I know we still have Landry but its the fact that its the next big thing,

one who feels like this?

What did you mean by "It would feel like they get what we had"?

I think Kenny Phillips is about 1/2 the prospect that Taylor was. Sean was quite possibly a generational talent. Nobody will be getting another ST in Phillips or anyone else for that matter. He was and always will be one of a kind. Whoever drafts Phillips will get a solid safety, but probably not a star. In the last decade I think the Skins have picked up the two best Free Safeties in all of those drafts in Taylor and Landry.

Nailed it. :cheers:

Solid prospect but ST was a once a generation prospect. The ball skills, hitting ability, and range were all premier.

Don't let safety from the U mess with you. Think of John Navarre.

Kenny Phillips isn't going to be "the next big thing" out of the U. He's not going to be as good as Sean Taylor was or as good as Ed Reed is, I'm not too worried about it. He's going to be an above-average safety but nothing special. I'm confident that LaRon is going to be a far better safety.

Bushwack, I don't think he was trying to offend anyone. He was just expressing thoughts. Ones I disagree with, as I stated, but I don't think it was in any way malicious. No reason to make this into a personal battle. We're all Skins fans and we will all have ST in our hearts forever.

Bushwack, I don't think he was trying to offend anyone. He was just expressing thoughts. Ones I disagree with, as I stated, but I don't think it was in any way malicious. No reason to make this into a personal battle. We're all Skins fans and we will all have ST in our hearts forever.
ty I feel like crying cause I didnt mean to offend anyone. Sean Taylor was the greatest and can never be replaced.Sorry to anyone I offended.

we had. I know we still have Landry but its the fact that its the next big thing,

one who feels like this?

Dude Kenny Phillips isn't half the prospect of what Sean Taylor was, Landry is also very good, but even he is only about 85% of Sean at FS when he died. I don't understand why people have a love afair with this guy. He is not rated as high as Taylor Or landry were, and he played in a VERY weak ACC last year. Kenny should have stayed in school and improved his chances.

BTW The U Isn't what it was once cracked up to be. There was a time taking a player from Miami (FL) was a sure fire chance at a stud player. Unless you've missed college games since they went to the ACC, they have not faired as well against the competition. Besides we have our safety in Landry.

I think Kenny Phillips is about 1/2 the prospect that Taylor was.

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, Phillips is going to be a good, if not great safety. He's very very good.

But nobody will be getting another Sean Taylor. I'll fear a division rival for drafting Kenny Phillips in fear of them getting a good player, but not because they might be getting what we lost.

]']Exactly.

Don't get me wrong' date=' Phillips is going to be a good, if not great safety. He's very very good.

But nobody will be getting another Sean Taylor. I'll fear a division rival for drafting Kenny Phillips in fear of them getting a good player, but not because they might be getting what we lost.[/quote']

QFT. Philips can become a solid safety, like Merriweather in New England. But I don't see him becoming a safety of Ed Reed's, Sean Taylor's, or even Laron Landry's caliber. All of these guys have/had the abilities to become HOFers. Philips will be good, but I don't see him being a game changer like the above 3 mentioned.

I was about to say, we already got our man in Landry last year. God it still hurts to think what could have happened with both of those guys roaming around. Playing with both in madden hurts enough. Both of them are perennial pro-bowlers.

He is a good safety, Taylor was great, with HOF talent, though of course that alone doesn't guarantee a spot.

I won't mind if someone else drafts him high, hate to see him stolen mid 2nd round or something. As much as I loved Taylor & Landry, that's too much money, and too many high picks tied up in safeties with virtually no pass rush. I would, of course, rather still have Taylor alive, but we need pass rushers and OL, not another 1st round safety.

As far as the post goes, I really don't care who our rivals get...more so who we get and optimistically how well they help this team...we need talented youth.

Folks must really see something in Reed I don't. I don't get the love affair or how great he did. Sure he stepped into a really adverse situation in losing Sean and being thrown into the starting lineup and doing a fair job. I can also agree with the fact we need to address other areas that are more important than safety in the draft.

But I'm personally not comfortable or sold with Reed being a starter(would like to bring in a FA to compete for the starting job there...if he proves me wrong, great, excellent..great for the team, a great story in Reed Doughty.

OP:

If people are offended by this post, then they need to grow the eff up.

To everyone else:

If you can't figure out that Taylor was a once in a lifetime player, and you think that Phillips or anyone else can come even close to him, then you're out of your mind. Landry is phenomenal, but nobody is, was, or will be Sean Taylor.

I wont, only thing i'm worried about right now is the way this thread came off to people.I wasnt trying to be heartless or disrespectful.

I didn't take it as disrespectful. I knew what you meant. Phillips is an exceptional player that came from the same system ST did. People jumped on you for drawing a comparison. The same comparison that has been drawn in the media.

Archived