Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Kenny Phillips gets drafted by a division rival(21 related)

xX2PORTIS6Xx

There will never be a player like Taylor again. God created him and shuttered at the thought that any more then 1 of them would take over the world so he took the Sean Taylor mold broke it and made a decree there shall only be 1 Sean Taylor..

There will never be a player like Taylor again. God created him and shuttered at the thought that any more then 1 of them would take over the world so he took the Sean Taylor mold broke it and made a decree there shall only be 1 Sean Taylor..

Amen. :notworthy

:(

Phillips had a very average year. Then again, so did the entire miami defense so I'm not sure if it is a player problem or a scheme problem. You'd hope a great player would flourish regardless of the scheme but him and calais (both projected as top 10 picks at the start of the season) had very mediocre seasons.

How good is Phillips projected to be as a pro??????

He's supposed to be a solid pro but not a gamebreaker. Think of Adam Archuleta. He used to be a linebacker so he carries that mentality as a safety. Good at tackling and blowing people up, bad at coverage. Kenny Phillips is the exact opposite. He comes in with a mentality of a cornerback. He would rather catch an interception than force a fumble. He's not a freelancer. He is the prototypical Gregg Williams safety because he plays free safety to a T. Of course we don't have Gregg Williams here anymore so it doesn't mean much. Like I said before, I'd still take Phillips.

Kenny Phillips has a lot of talent but he has never reached his full potential. But no, he is not the same type of talent as ST was.

ST had the ability to take on Randy Moss one-on-one and was one of the hardest hitters this game has EVER seen. I seriously doubt we see a player that has the pure athleticism and talent that ST had in a long, long time.

Archived