Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My 2 (dream) Mock Drafts

rawbacon

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

1st Round – Pick # 21

WR – Limas Sweed Texas 6’4” 215 lbs

2nd Round – Pick # 51

DE – Calais Campbell Miami 6’8” 290 lbs

3rd Round – Pick # 84

OG/OT – Roy Schuening Oregon St. 6’4” 306 lbs

3rd Round – Pick # 96

SS – Josh Barrett ASU 6’2” 223

5th Round – Pick # 155

CB - Orlando Scandrick Boise State 5’10” 192 lbs

6th Round – Pick # 188

QB – Dennis Dixon Oregon 6’3” 205 lbs

7th Round – Pick # 228

OG/OT – Mike Gibson California 6’4” 305 lbs

7th Round – Pick # 243

WR – Marcus Smith New Mexico 6’2” 221 lbs

7th Round – Pick # 247

DT – Maurice Murray NM State 6’3” 334 lbs

Possible Trades

Tennessee 1st Round - 25th Pick and 3rd Round - 22nd Pick (85)

For

Washington 1st Round - 21st Pick

Selection

Jonathan Stewart (RB) Oregon

Miami 2nd Round - 1st Pick (32), 2nd Round - 26th Pick (57) and 3rd Round - 1st

Pick (64)

For

Washington 1st Round - 25th Pick

Selection

Brian Brohm (QB) Louisville

Redskins Picks

2nd Round

1st Pick (32) - Limas Sweed (WR) Texas

20th Pick (51) - Calais Campbell (DE) Miami

26th Pick - Justin King (CB) Penn State

3rd Round

1st Pick (64) - Roy Schuening (OG) Oregon State

21st Pick (84) - Josh Barrett (SS) Arizona State

22nd Pick (85) - Erin Henderson (OLB) Maryland

33rd Pick (96) - Chris Ellis (DE) Virginia Tech

5th Round

19th Pick (154) - Owen Schmitt (FB) West Virginia

6th Round

20th Pick (186) - Dennis Dixon (QB) Oregon

7th Round

21st Pick (228) - Mike Gibson (OG) California

35th Pick (242) - Marcus Smith (WR) New Mexico

42nd Pick (249) - Maurice Murray (DT) New Mexico State

Undrafted Rookie Free Agents

Martel Van Zant (CB) Oklahoma State

Brian Witherspoon (CB) Tillman

Davanzo Tate (CB) Akron

Devin Clark (OT) New Mexico

Brennan Carvalho © Portland State

Andrew Crummey (OG) Maryland

Sam Keller (QB) Nebraska

Robert Jordan (WR) California

Ernest Wheelwright (WR) Minnesota

Adamm Oliver (DE) Georgia Tech

Andy Studebaker (OLB) Wheaton

Marcel Reece (FB/WR) Washington

I know Sweed and Campbell would never fall to the second round, but it would be nice. Hence the (dream)! Post your Skins Mock drafts on here!

Why is everyone on Limas Sweeds sack...picking him at 21 will be a HUGE mistake....please someone else agree with me on this.

I agree with you .. not because I think Sweed is a bad player but I think we can get bigger bang for the buck somewhere else . We do need a WR but Sweed is a reach at 21 ....

Thought I would add mine here instead of creating another thread:

*Skins trade 21st overall pick to Atlanta for their highest 2nd and third rounders. ATL selects Brian Brohm (I think Atlanta, Miami, Baltimore, Kansas City and the maybe even the Jets all want Brohm so they will trade up as high as they feel comfortable with to get him. In the end, ATL has the most ammo and is willing to trade up to 21).

*The Skins also trade Betts to someone for a 4th and 6th. (Predicting players to be available in these rounds is too hit or miss so it doesnt really matter who we trade with for the purposes of my mock). Here ya go:

2 (ATL) DT Trevor Law

2 (WAS) WR Jordy Nelson

3 (ATL) G Roy Schuening, Oregon St.

3 (WAS) DE Chris Harrington, Texas A&M

3 (COMP) Craig Seltz, S, LSU

4 (???) LB Tavares Gooden, Miami

5 (WAS) OT Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers

6 (WAS) FB Jerome Felton, Furman

6 (???) QB Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii

7 (WAS) DL Barry Booker, VT

7 (WAS) OT Carlton Medder, Florida

7 (WAS) DT Andre Fluellen, FSU

Notes:

1) Yes, I deliberately left off CB as I think we have to fill this need with a veteran player cut after june 1st. We need a starter this year and we need to draft a CB to replace springs with our #1 pick next year. The Giants showed what you can do with a so-so defensive backfield when you have a solid defensive line. Please note I have us taking 2 defensive linemen expected to contribute this year and 2 in the later rounds to develop.

2) We didnt do anything with Betts last year and we didn't really miss him either. I think we will be fine with Portis starting and Carwright backing him up (Mathis takes rocks place in the return game) with Eric Shelton/Marcus Mason/Post June 1 cut veteran competing for #3.

3) Initially I had us taking Henne with our Comp 3rd our 4th, but Seltz and Gooden are underrated and too good to pass up. Brennans stock has fallen but he would be a good pickup in the 6th.

2) We didnt do anything with Betts last year and we didn't really miss him either. I think we will be fine with Portis starting and Carwright backing him up (Mathis takes rocks place in the return game) with Eric Shelton/Marcus Mason/Post June 1 cut veteran competing for #3.

True. But we would have missed him dearly the year that Portis was out. I don't think Cartwright has the same level of ability as Betts (pass receiving and running). Considering that the Skins gave up a 3rd and 4th when they lost Portis for the year I think we shouldn't give up Betts for a 4th and 6th.

Thought I would add mine here instead of creating another thread:

*Skins trade 21st overall pick to Atlanta for their highest 2nd and third rounders. ATL selects Brian Brohm (I think Atlanta, Miami, Baltimore, Kansas City and the maybe even the Jets all want Brohm so they will trade up as high as they feel comfortable with to get him. In the end, ATL has the most ammo and is willing to trade up to 21).

*The Skins also trade Betts to someone for a 4th and 6th. (Predicting players to be available in these rounds is too hit or miss so it doesnt really matter who we trade with for the purposes of my mock). Here ya go:

2 (ATL) DT Trevor Law

2 (WAS) WR Jordy Nelson

3 (ATL) G Roy Schuening, Oregon St.

3 (WAS) DE Chris Harrington, Texas A&M

3 (COMP) Craig Seltz, S, LSU

4 (???) LB Tavares Gooden, Miami

5 (WAS) OT Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers

6 (WAS) FB Jerome Felton, Furman

6 (???) QB Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii

7 (WAS) DL Barry Booker, VT

7 (WAS) OT Carlton Medder, Florida

7 (WAS) DT Andre Fluellen, FSU

Given your hypothetical trade scenario, I love your top 3 picks of Laws, Jordy, and Schuening. Laws would provide us with the interior D line upgrade that Vinny has been craving, Jordy gives us a big playmaking receiver, and Schuening fills a need in the interior of the O line. I'd probably use the 3b and 3c picks on a corner like Charles Godfrey and a different D lineman like K. Langford or B. Johnston, but we're splitting hairs now.

Why is everyone on Limas Sweeds sack...picking him at 21 will be a HUGE mistake....please someone else agree with me on this.

I'd be nervously optimistic if we picked Sweed at #21. I've seen him play a few times and he's got playmaking ability, but his injuries concern me. I'm just not a fan of picking a guy so high who barely played his last year in college. Plus, he doesn't have great speed and has never posted big time college stats.

I'd actually be happier with Devin Thomas, a guy with decent size, very good speed (4.34/40), no history of injuries, and coming off a big year.

I agree with you .. not because I think Sweed is a bad player but I think we can get bigger bang for the buck somewhere else . We do need a WR but Sweed is a reach at 21 ....

I think you said it better....I think he would be a great pick-up but with our teams needs and a very bad WR class in this years draft, lets not try and fit a square peg in a circular hole.

Given your hypothetical trade scenario, I love your top 3 picks of Laws, Jordy, and Schuening. Laws would provide us with the interior D line upgrade that Vinny has been craving, Jordy gives us a big playmaking receiver, and Schuening fills a need in the interior of the O line. I'd probably use the 3b and 3c picks on a corner like Charles Godfrey and a different D lineman like K. Langford or B. Johnston, but we're splitting hairs now.

I was tempted with Godfrey, but lets be realistic - a corner taken in the bottom of the 3rd is not going to be fine to start at nickle on opening day - and that is what we need - someone who can start opening day with Smoot and Springs. We have plenty of depth at CB - we need a starter. A veteran is what I think we need this year. That Oakland corner (can't spell his name) will be an FA next year and i think he would be a prime target to replace springs. If we cant sign him, then we use our #1 pick on the best corner available next year. Also, I think Lanford or Johnston would be fine as well - bottom of the third is "crapshoot" territory where its hard to tell who is the "best" player at certain position.

I just came across this mock at www.walterfootball.com. It was updated today. Could not believe the players that kept "mock falling" to the Skins...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008_3.php

1) P. Merling

2) M. Kelly

3) Reggie Smith

3b) R. Schuening

I can't see Kelly and Smith falling that far despite their poor workouts. But what a draft that would be!

PlayAction-

While Betts did a nice job for us when Portis went down he was pretty awful last season and I always thought Rock could do a better job if we had to use him. He has good vision and is tough to bring down but he is more speedy than actually fast. I love what Ladell did for us w/o Portis but I just don't trust him to not put the ball on the ground in a critical game. I am in the trade Ladell camp and trade him before he loses value.

I'm not sure I understand the hate for Sweed. I think he is still worth a late 1st round, early 2nd round pick. Regardless, I think he is going to be a hell of a player.

Me either.....If he hadnt of gotten hurt last year we wouldnt have a chance at him at 21. If hes still there we will be a very lucky team

Me either.....If he hadnt of gotten hurt last year we wouldnt have a chance at him at 21. If hes still there we will be a very lucky team

Totally agree with you here. I was nervous about Sweed's wrist surgery, but his pro-day proved he could make all the catches. I like the draft of the OP. I was thinking we could get Devin Thomas, but I think he will be the first WR taken.

I'm not sure I understand the hate for Sweed. I think he is still worth a late 1st round, early 2nd round pick. Regardless, I think he is going to be a hell of a player.

This has been discussed before in a lot of threads over the past month or so. Basically, Sweed showed little production during his college career at Texas compared to most 1st round picks historically (55 yards a game as a starter). Plus, he only had 5 100-yd games total in his 4 years, most of which were against poor teams.

I actually think Sweed might end up the best WR in this draft, but that isn't saying much as there isn't as much top talent. Sweed should be a low 1st-early 2nd pick, but he'll likely go before that.

RawBacon-

While I like your mock, I have to wonder why you would list Sweed and Cambell as #21 picks in the poll, then you put Campbell in the second round of your mock ?

Otherwise- good job

I think he had Campbell going in the 2nd in both versions. But in the second (trade down) one he had Sweed as our first 2nd round selection and Campbell as our second 2nd round selection. But yeah, it was a bit confusing.

Archived