Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My 2 (dream) Mock Drafts

rawbacon

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Why is everyone on Limas Sweeds sack...picking him at 21 will be a HUGE mistake....please someone else agree with me on this.

No it wouldn't, if anything, it'd be one of the 3 smartest picks at 21, the other 2 being Albert or trading down.

I'd rather have him than some one-dimensional DE like Harvey, or Merling, or some future bust at his position, like Campbell or Balmer.

And seeing as how neither McKelvin nor DRC are falling to us, that leaves WR and OL. We could use a power guard like Albert, but we're not in the market for a Tackle. We need depth there, and you don't draft depth in the 1st.

At WR, Sweed is by far the best prospect. 2nd would probably be Hardy or Thomas, with Jackson coming in at 4, but seeing as how we don't need another tiny speedster, that leaves the 1st 3.

In conclusion, Sweed, at this time, looks like one of our best options at our position. However, you never know who's going to fall to you, and change your draft plan completely.

I like the mock, but I'd actually like to see us pick up DE Brian Johnston from Gardner-Webb with our comp 3rd. He is projected as a 4th rounder right now but his stock is on the rise so I would think a bottom of the 3rd wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him. The guy comes from a small school but he seems to be a complete beast. Was double teamed every game all year and still had 6 sacks and 24 tackles for losses. His workout numbers for scouts were insane too. And at 6'5 275 he could possibly move inside on some passing downs.

This has been discussed before in a lot of threads over the past month or so. Basically, Sweed showed little production during his college career at Texas compared to most 1st round picks historically (55 yards a game as a starter). Plus, he only had 5 100-yd games total in his 4 years, most of which were against poor teams.

I actually think Sweed might end up the best WR in this draft, but that isn't saying much as there isn't as much top talent. Sweed should be a low 1st-early 2nd pick, but he'll likely go before that.

You make some good points, but when you look at his tapes, you'd see that while his production is lower than other players, he has some traits that the others just don't.

For one, he's the kind of player who catches the passes thrown his way. I'm a huge James Hardy guy (after Sweed), but Hardy gets thrown at alot. Same goes for Nelson. But Sweed makes the best of every ball he gets. His tapes show a lot of receptions where he caught the pass and went for another 2 yards. He didn't break tackles left and right because he's not a RB or TE, but he managed to find a way to turn an 8 yard Curl route into a 1st Down.

]']No it wouldn't' date=' if anything, it'd be one of the 3 smartest picks at 21, the other 2 being Albert or trading down.

I'd rather have him than some one-dimensional DE like Harvey, or Merling, or some future bust at his position, like Campbell or Balmer.

And seeing as how neither McKelvin nor DRC are falling to us, that leaves WR and OL. We could use a power guard like Albert, but we're not in the market for a Tackle. We need depth there, and you don't draft depth in the 1st.

At WR, Sweed is by far the best prospect. 2nd would probably be Hardy or Thomas, with Jackson coming in at 4, but seeing as how we don't need another tiny speedster, that leaves the 1st 3.

In conclusion, Sweed, at this time, looks like one of our best options at our position. However, you never know who's going to fall to you, and change your draft plan completely.[/quote']

"dude"...I think you're hopelessly wrong about Sweed...but I do have to acknowledge passing respect for sticking by your player preference. except for the grudging allowance you have made for Albert - which isn't in synch with arguments we orig had - you have been nothing but consistent when it comes to Sweed. I doubt he is the name that will be called out at #21. but if he is...I sure hope your intuitions are better than that of most others.

"dude"...I think you're hopelessly wrong about Sweed...but I do have to acknowledge passing respect for sticking by your player preference. except for the grudging allowance you have made for Albert - which isn't in synch with arguments we orig had - you have been nothing but consistent when it comes to Sweed. I doubt he is the name that will be called out at #21. but if he is...I sure hope your intuitions are better than that of most others.

I hope mine are too. :D Though it isn't all intuition. I have specific reasons for liking Sweed. It isn't just blind homerisms.

I hope mine are too. :D Though it isn't all intuition. I have specific reasons for liking Sweed. It isn't just blind homerisms.

found my little needle in the ES haystack ...eh?!

same thoughts out to you. hope you're dead wrong about the priority for picks.....but there is no sense in getting steamed up about all of this. :cheers:

Archived