Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Easier Way to Search Extremeskins

.Guy.

Itz Finnomonawl I telz ya. :laugh:

I'm no programmer, but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to make the ES search box query the google database and return a results page. Probably easier than running an internal search and tying up the server as it is, with the poor results. Otherwise, I nominate this thread as a permanent sticky.

I'm no programmer, but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to make the ES search box query the google database and return a results page. Probably easier than running an internal search and tying up the server as it is, with the poor results. Otherwise, I nominate this thread as a permanent sticky.
Well, I'm no ballerina, but it seems to me it shouldn't be that hard for the girl to lift up the guy sometimes. :silly:

Well, I'm no ballerina, but it seems to me it shouldn't be that hard for the girl to lift up the guy sometimes. :silly:

I'm awake because my dogs barked their heads off at a gust of wind, and I'm very pissed off that I'm awake.

Well, I was until I read that.

Thanks for the laugh, Jumbo, back to bed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am disappointed to see this thread off the sticky Read Me list. Yes, I know I can "favorite" the link, and I did, but it gets lost with all the other crap I have bookmarked. And what about all the n00bs? IMO, if this thread is going to be allowed to fall into oblivion, the google extremeskins search link should be incorporated into the site somehow.

And BTW, the normal search seems worse than it was before the IT guys started tinkering with it. Is it still not indexed? For example, if I search for Kangaroo, how come the Kangaroo TV thread doesn't come up? That's one example of many.

Thanks

Edited message to ES Staff: Stickied 3 minutes after the bump. Is that the best you can do??? :)

• 2 weeks later...
We've all complained about the search feature and how could use a bit of a tune up but since there is no real easy fix I figure google could help us.

Google search soley for Extremeskins. Works perfectly.

Here try it out and maybe bookmark it. Now no more "search didn't work" excuses :).

And yes I googled to make sure this wasn't a repost.

You might need to update the extremeskins google search.

You might need to update the extremeskins google search.

I don't think so. It still works fine - it searched extremeskins.com not extremeskins.com/forums/ so it still works fine.

Also I think the google search is useless since the es search works fine from my limited testing.

I don't think so. It still works fine - it searched extremeskins.com not extremeskins.com/forums/ so it still works fine.

Also I think the google search is useless since the es search works fine from my limited testing.

When I use your search it gives me results but when I click on the link it says

"Not Found

The requested URL /forums/showthread.php was not found on this server."

Have you actually tried the search and got results and tried to click one of the results link?

When I use your search it gives me results but when I click on the link it says

"Not Found

The requested URL /forums/showthread.php was not found on this server."

Have you actually tried the search and got results and tried to click one of the results link?

Seems to be working 100% now.

Archived