Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Easier Way to Search Extremeskins

.Guy.

Google is about relevance, not dating
I thought they had an advanced option on that though that would sort by date?

Actually, in the Google hosted version yes it is about relevance but on the non-Google hosted version it can be done. I spent an hour on this last night and this is what I have found: You can have contents from your web site to be sorted out by date and that is done through coding. So whoever has access to modify this site can put a Google search box with the date sorting option.

I will be more than happy to do it for ExtremeSkins if they want. But I am sure they already have smart IT guys in house. :D

I thought they had an advanced option on that though that would sort by date?

Reporter to Snyder: Who will replace Joe Gibbs?

Snyder to Mediot: You can't replace Joe Gibbs.

God Bless Our HoF Coach: Joe Gibbs, and thank you for all the years you have given us!

Not that this had anything to do with the post, but.....HEAR HEAR!!! :cheers: HTTR and Joe Gibbs

But I am sure they already have smart IT guys in house. :D

:shutup: :halo:

Used the the thing earlier today and ran into what Vertax mentioned in the post above. This after running into some rare, (for me anyway), trouble with the ES search. Now it is a pain at times and can't handle the open ended searches at all, however, being more specific with the searches has helped, (well at least me anyway). One of the reasons we like the thread titles to be more specific is that it helps everyone in searches. All that said, yeah, the Search feature could use an over haul.

I will be more than happy to do it for ExtremeSkins if they want. But I am sure they already have smart IT guys in house. :D

Yeah, I'm sure they're brilliant. But clearly they're not interested in solving the seach problems because otherwise they would have done it two years ago.

I don't really think it's so much about being smart. I think it's more about being willing to to do the work - to spend the time to solve problems (as ES's founders were willing to spend time to solve such problems prior to the merge), and the IT guys running redskins.com obviously have better things to do. So, I think we can safely conclude the search problems (and other issues, now and in the future) will never be resolved.

And, in my opinion, that's a shame.

Yeah, I'm sure they're brilliant. But clearly they're not interested in solving the seach problems because otherwise they would have done it two years ago.

I don't really think it's so much about being smart. I think it's more about being willing to to do the work - to spend the time to solve problems (as ES's founders were willing to spend time to solve such problems prior to the merge), and the IT guys running redskins.com obviously have better things to do. So, I think we can safely conclude the search problems (and other issues, now and in the future) will never be resolved.

And, in my opinion, that's a shame.

I am an IT manager. It took me less than an hour to figure out the Google Search. And the code to put in the search button is even easier. It is a damn shame that these IT guys for Redskins.com are that slow or lazy.:( Sorry mods had to say it.

Love that friggin sig. SO classic...

You could embed the code to the search feature here if you had access...

I done seen it been done befur....

Just sayin.

thats what i was going to suggest. i know a lot of the .edu sites have their search feature tied to google with a radio button for "search _____.edu or search google"

if there was a way to do that on our search page. then we'd never have to worry about search again.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what takes up more space...ppl posting redundant threads or nerds constantly posting about merges, deletions or citing rules. Every thread has more than a few dorks who have to say that this thread should be closed, merged or whatever. They are the cyber version of those loser kids that would sit in school and tell on people.

If you constantly post about these rules, you should be on a band or choir forum, not on a football board.

I was looking for this the other day. Shouldn't it be stickied?
It was up there for a long time. :)

Then, eventually, other things have to go up. Like Mini-camp coverage.

It's like the NNT phenomena where for months at at time we'll have the big NNT "Read-Me" sticky thread at the top of the first page telling all about why you end up on NNT and how to get off it even while the walking numb continue to PM us or post in threads and ask "uhh..what up on this No New Threads thingy under my name and how do I undo it?" :D

Itz Finnomonawl I telz ya. :laugh:

Members were also suggested to bookmark it and then they can share the wisdom with others when they spot the need. :cheers:

I wonder what takes up more space...ppl posting redundant threads or nerds constantly posting about merges, deletions or citing rules. Every thread has more than a few dorks who have to say that this thread should be closed, merged or whatever. They are the cyber version of those loser kids that would sit in school and tell on people.

If you constantly post about these rules, you should be on a band or choir forum, not on a football board.

Here is a guy who has no clue though he's been here for awhile. And fittingly, he's in his 7th month of having No New Threads under his name. ES has always asked knowledgable members to let other posters know (not by insult) if they have made a mis-step regarding some forum rule. With such a large and active membership and only a handful of staff, we have long requested and openly appreciated self-policing and peer policing to assist. The people you insult here are the ones we thank and encourage. These two relevant posts involving you (linked below) further demonstrate the difference between "getting it" and "not getting it." :)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4976941&postcount=43

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4977050&postcount=45

Since you are so turned around in your thinking that you call the members who are doing what we ask nerds, dorks, and losers and choose to actively get in the way of such efforts, take a week to just read only with no posting and re-consider these matters. You can keep your opinion on this, of course, just keep it to yourself when you're able to post again. :)

What's funny is that I didn't want to post something already posted, so I looked for this thread. It wasn't there, so I tried the search function, which didn't work. So I googled it and saw that there WAS already a jersey thread. Funny how it works out like that.

This thread for Sticky '08, please!

Archived