Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Scarlet Letter

RedskinsFan28

Yeah, I read the book in high school (sophomore english class) long before Al Gore invented the internet...and you couldn't google The Scarlett Letter or ask for help on a message board....we just had to suck it up and read it...and learn something. Get to work! :)

That book made me wonder just who the *******s were that decided what books were "classics". It's terrible. Absolutely terrible. Luckily not all classics turned out to be as horrible as the Scarlet Letter. Total garbage!

I am with you on that. No idea why every single high school aged kid has to read that book

Yeah. Get to work. ;)

I didn't mind the Scarlett Letter actually. Little dry but okay. I do however, want to know who decided that Wuthering Heights was a classic. Yeesh that book was boring.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles was worse. Cliffnotes all the way.

I didn't think the Scarlet Letter was that bad actually. Now Wuthering Heights..that was..interesting. The incest and oddity of the main character was enough to keep it readable. I think I ultimately went to sparknotes for that one.

I just started reading A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, and that's some good fiction. If they had High School kids reading that instead of Wuthering Heights and the Scarlet Letter, more kids might actually enjoy English.

I just started reading A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, and that's some good fiction. If they had High School kids reading that instead of Wuthering Heights and the Scarlet Letter, more kids might actually enjoy English.

I think Starship Troopers would be a good teaching book.

It looks, at first glance, like a gung-ho shoot-em-up space opera. But there's some really adult topics in there.

Archived