Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Daily News: Gov. Paterson admits to sex with other woman for years (good grief)

heyholetsgogrant

Gov. Paterson admits to sex with other woman for years

Monday, March 17th 2008, 9:44 PM

Goldfield for News

Gov. David Paterson admits to sleeping with another woman while he was married to wife, Michelle.

The thunderous applause was still ringing in his ears when the state's new governor, David Paterson, told the Daily News that he and his wife had extramarital affairs.

In a stunning revelation, both Paterson, 53, and his wife, Michelle, 46, acknowledged in a joint interview they each had intimate relationships with others during a rocky period in their marriage several years ago.

In the course of several interviews in the past few days, Paterson said he maintained a relationship for two or three years with "a woman other than my wife," beginning in 1999.

As part of that relationship, Paterson said, he and the other woman sometimes stayed at an upper West Side hotel — the Days Inn at Broadway and W. 94th St.

He said members of his Albany legislative staff often used the same hotel when they visit the city.

"This was a marriage that appeared to be going sour at one point," Paterson conceded in his first interview Saturday. "But I went to counseling and we decided we wanted to make it work. Michelle is well aware of what went on."

In a second interview with Paterson and his wife Monday, only hours after he was sworn in to replace scandal-scarred Eliot Spitzer, Michelle Paterson confirmed her husband's account.

"Like most marriages, you go through certain difficult periods," Michelle Paterson said. "What's important is for your kids to see you worked them out."

Source: NY Daily News

Full Article Click here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/03/17/2008-03-17_gov_paterson_admits_to_sex_with_other_wo.html :doh: :doh:

Refreshing to see a politician actually trying the "admit it before you get caught" method. (Wonder how it'll work.)

Depends on how it came about. Sometimes it's a matter of "come clean or I'll do it for you."

But, he seems like a pretty cool dude.

"In a stunning revelation, both Paterson, 53, and his wife, Michelle, 46, acknowledged in a joint interview they each had intimate relationships with others during a rocky period in their marriage several years ago."

Can the BS posturing just stop? A politician screwing around on his wife is FAR from "stunning".

It's possibly stunning because he revealed it. but for pete's sake, can we just stop pretending to be all shocked when a politician sleeps around?

It is not 'stunning'.

It is not 'shocking'.

It's barely even 'surprising'.

In fact I'd go so far as to say it's "expected'.

The article should read "In a not-so-surprising revelation, Patterson revealed he's as much a scumbag as every other politician. In a more stunning revelation, people still pretend to be shocked by this behavior.""

Oh, and I know there will be those who read that and say "Oh, that awful Bang! We should hold our politicians to higher standards!

Oh yeah?

Well when's that going to start?

~Bang

I question the timing. They probably should have admitted it before he swore in. Admitting it just after is really a preemptive strike so that it doesn't come out later. You have to question the motives honestly.

Why? Quite frankly, It's none of your business. It's none of my business. He and his wife worked out what ever problems they had. It shouldn't be anyones business but their own.

I question the timing. They probably should have admitted it before he swore in. Admitting it just after is really a preemptive strike so that it doesn't come out later. You have to question the motives honestly.

He's covering his ass plain and simple. I would do the same. Why the hell would I say all my sins to the rest of the world after I commit them? Would any regular joe do that? I'm pretty sure politicans aren't the only one cheating on their wives/husbands.

The public's trust just has been betrayed in a terrible way by the man he's succeeding. I think he's trying to make sure that all his demons are laid bare, so that he's not accused of doing the same thing.

Honestly, if this happened years ago and he and his wife are good, it's really none of our business.

"In a stunning revelation, both Paterson, 53, and his wife, Michelle, 46, acknowledged in a joint interview they each had intimate relationships with others during a rocky period in their marriage several years ago."

Can the BS posturing just stop? A politician screwing around on his wife is FAR from "stunning".

It's possibly stunning because he revealed it. but for pete's sake, can we just stop pretending to be all shocked when a politician sleeps around?

It is not 'stunning'.

It is not 'shocking'.

It's barely even 'surprising'.

In fact I'd go so far as to say it's "expected'.

The article should read "In a not-so-surprising revelation, Patterson revealed he's as much a scumbag as every other politician. In a more stunning revelation, people still pretend to be shocked by this behavior.""

Oh, and I know there will be those who read that and say "Oh, that awful Bang! We should hold our politicians to higher standards!

Oh yeah?

Well when's that going to start?

~Bang

A little cynical are we? :)

To a certain degree I agree with you though. However I'm still at the stage where I'm merely not surprised. After all, these folks are just people...just like the rest of us. So why would, or should there be any expectation that they'd collectively behave any better than society at large?

A little cynical are we? :)

My friend, if our leaders would just prove my cynicism unfounded more than once every blue moon, I'd likely not have such a disgusted view. Unfortunately, it is usually not the case.

As kids they taught us of the shining example of America, and very very few people can actually ever live up to the ideal ingrained in us. People should hold politicians to higher standards, but the fact is they not only can't live up to the ideal very few of us can live up to ourselves, but they typically can't resist ANY of the temptations that comes with high office.

They become adulterers, most of them. (Power being the greatest aphrodisiac, it's hard to imagine many people can rise above it. I'm sure there's some, but... could you? Could I?.. I'd like to think so, but I've never been in that world, so how can I say?)

They become thieves, liars, cheats and no doubt some even worse. They sell their vote, their influence, their clout. Our government itself has been sold to special interests, corporate interests, and bribery goes on in the wide open, under the name "lobbying".

Our government now excludes the common man for the most part, but that's another discussion.

then there's the media, the favored boogie man these days. But they only give us what we'll pay for, and we like to pay for the dirt. I'm not sure why, it seems we put people on pedestals simply so we can tear them down. I guess in some it helps to mask their own failings by seeing someone who is successful fall from grace.

Scandal sells, and so the slightest whiff of it has always set the reporters noses to sniffing.

In a way, i can respect this guy for saying so. He's putting his cards on the table and showing himself as human like us. As far as I'm concerned, the moment he did that it becomes entirely a personal matter between he and his wife, and the subject should be dropped as news. (as opposed to hiding and giving the jackals something to tear at.)

~Bang

Archived