Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tobacco Use.

DTN Redskin

I recently quit dipping a few months ago. Very difficult but I haven't given in yet. The benefits are certainly there (money, health reasons, feel better, etc.) Was wondering how others around the country feel/use tobacco. In Oklahoma it is very prevalent especially smoking. Thanks for the input.

I quit smoking over a year ago after smoking Newports for 20 years. I still have dreams where I am smoking and I get all freaked out when I wake up. I can say though that I am starting to be able to run further and not lose my wind as fast.

Also they make it damn near impossible to smoke anywhere in CA. They are trying to ban smoking from the beaches even in San Diego. You have to go outside everywhere and our baseball park doesnt have a smoking area at all.

I used to smoke. Quit in 1993. Best decision I've ever made. Feel better, breathe easier, can taste my food again and I don't smell like a stale ashtray! <deep inhalation>..life is good when you're smoke-free! Hang in there..you can do it. Let me share a bit of advice tho. I don't know if dipping works like smoking...as far as triggers and such that is. I used to love to light up a cig w/a beer and after pizza(those were my big triggers). So when I was trying to quit, I avoided them like the plague and believe it helped make it bit easier. So avoid your "triggers". Happy quitting:applause: :cheers:

Quit about a month ago. The first three days were some of the worst I ever had. It's been up and down. I don't really want to smoke a cigarette at all, but I do want to have the feeling. More than anything I miss having something to look forward to when I finished a menial task.

I'm fighting hard not to chew on cigars as I can get good ones down here and it sometimes helps curb the craziness in my head.

I'm glad this thread came up, because the past month has been brutal.

The good thing is a) it's been so bad I don't want to have to go through it again, B) I actually don't want to smoke as I said above, but damn if I don't feel the need for nicotine.

For anyone interested this book is very helpful. It's not a sure thing or a miracle "cure," but it really helps get you into the right mindset. It also works for those that have already quit, but are having a hard time.

I smoke cigs and I enjoy every minute of killing myself.

:laugh:

Myself I limit my tobacco intake to just one or two smokes a day on average, more if Im partying. I'm no longer physically addicted and have been like this for years. I enjoy my smoking and find it relaxing

I quit in '02. After a few false starts I quit cold turkey. The funny thing is, I quit near the end of my final semester in undergrad. I meant to hang on a little while longer and quit after finals, but after I finished the pack I had (about two weeks to go) I just never bought another. I meant to go buy another pack or two to get me through finals, but I never did, and still haven't to this day. I've had probably three or four cigarettes since then and about 5 or so cigars, but every time I do I wonder how I started that habit to begin with.

The funny thing is, I'm like that with other things. For example, about three or four years ago I drank iced tea constantly, along with about two or three sodas per day. But one day I decided to quit, and now I keep a rotation of water bottles in the fridge and don't drink anything except water, except for my evening nightcap which may be beer, wine, or a mixed drink. As a matter of fact, the only time I drink soda now is when I have a mixed drink, which is relatively seldom, except during new years, parties, etc.

Wow. You should really think before you post just jibberish on here.

I was thinking the same thing.

On the other subject, I had my last cigarette on July 7, 2007. I haven't had the dreams but a friend of mine who quit around the same has them. I thought it was pretty odd, but now I can see it's more odd that I don't have them. I wasn't a heavy smoker though. Which may be why I've not had any kind of problem being around other smokers. However, being around someone who's come in from smoking.....ugh......I feel sick just smelling that. It's weird that someone smoking inches from me doesn't bother me though. :whoknows:

I'll let my friend know she's not the only the one with the dreams and that they may last for another year or so. :(

I've never chewed/smoked tobacco in my life. A friend offered chewing tobacco to me last year. It was about 3am, we were hanging out in front of his house with his brother and my brother. I was the only one who was sober (I don't drink either) and I watched my drunk friend who had taken a vicodin from his drug dealing brother shovel some apple flavored SKOAL into his mouth.

He puked all over the driveway about 10 minutes later.

Some people learn by observation, some people learn by doing, some people flat out never learn.

He continued to do that stuff up until November when he met his girlfriend and had to stop...

I've been dipping since I was in the military. Smoked too but really off and on. Definitely when I drink (which I don't do anymore.) Dipping, I don't know. Tough to quit. It's pretty common in the military and it beats the hell out of killing your lungs with smoking. I've switched up to the little homo Skoal Pouches now. Throw one in real quick and just work. Don't even have to really spit and no one notices it. I tried using the patch a few months ago but that didn't work. I think the patches and gum and all of that are designed for smokers. Dipping is a whole other beast.

I miss chewin'. From Kodiac to Levi Garrett. My stomach ain't so good and I had to stop. Much more convienent than smoking when you're doing manual(I originally typed "manuel", but caught it than laughed) labor.

I've been smoking since I was around 8. My grandmother used to give them to me and told me to share them with my friends. Oh, we used to talk. She would feed me coffee and send me off. She had a mini bar too and a sun porch full of metal model cars I could play with.

Was smoking 2 sacks(soft packs) of Reds a day for a long time, but reciently got down to a half a pack of ultra light Winstons. I'm back up now. I smoked a pack of Reds last night while drinking Jack at a show and I'm hurtin' . I have more of a problem with smoking Marlboros, then I do cigerettes.

I do love those delicious little ****s.

Archived