Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tobacco Use.

DTN Redskin

I've been dipping since I was in the military. Smoked too but really off and on. Definitely when I drink (which I don't do anymore.) Dipping, I don't know. Tough to quit. It's pretty common in the military and it beats the hell out of killing your lungs with smoking. I've switched up to the little homo Skoal Pouches now. Throw one in real quick and just work. Don't even have to really spit and no one notices it. I tried using the patch a few months ago but that didn't work. I think the patches and gum and all of that are designed for smokers. Dipping is a whole other beast.

If you check out the book I linked earlier in this thread, you'll see the patch and gum while well intentioned were never likely to be successful. You're still buying and using nicotine. Some people are addicted to the gum or patch. I know doctors who have chewed the gum for years. No lung issues, but I'm sure their heart isn't psyched to be working overtime due to the nicotine.

But seriously, that book while a bit hokie, is really good at giving you the mindset needed to start despising nicotine.

I smoke cigs and I enjoy every minute of killing myself.

i'd enjoy every minute of killing you too buddy :D

haha jk

But i smoke cigarettes and it's a decision i make knowing full well the reprocutions. I know that doesnt make sense but it is a decision that i make. Everyone has the ability to make their own choises

But i smoke cigarettes and it's a decision i make knowing full well the reprocutions. I know that doesnt make sense but it is a decision that i make. Everyone has the ability to make their own choises

take this for what it's worth to you. it was a decision that i made consciously. i enjoyed smoking and chose to do it.

i quit a month ago at the age of 28 after having smoked for 13 years. almost half my life. two packs a day.

quitting was miserable. the sooner you decide you don't want to smoke the better off you are. because you can't also kid yourself into thinking your immune to the diseases it may bring to you.

take this for what it's worth to you. it was a decision that i made consciously. i enjoyed smoking and chose to do it.

i quit a month ago at the age of 28 after having smoked for 13 years. almost half my life. two packs a day.

quitting was miserable. the sooner you decide you don't want to smoke the better off you are. because you can't also kid yourself into thinking your immune to the diseases it may bring to you.

a couple years ago i quit, and i'll admit, i was very proud of myself. I have no real excuse or reason for smoking, i do it because i chose to. I understand that i'm not immune to whatever side effects it could come with....

a couple years ago i quit, and i'll admit, i was very proud of myself. I have no real excuse or reason for smoking, i do it because i chose to. I understand that i'm not immune to whatever side effects it could come with....

Not trying to single you out. Just sayin I wish I quit at 23 for good instead of waiting until I did.

Basically all your problems increase as you get older. Most people that say they quit smoking without problems were younger and I think part of that has to do with less complications otherwise.

Clearly that is a case by case basis.

Currently thinking about quitting smoking. I love it, but also know I need to quit, but dont want to. I really think I could if I didnt drink anymore. Also dipped in college, about 1 1/2 cans a day. I quit that by reverting back to smoking.

Currently thinking about quitting smoking. I love it, but also know I need to quit, but dont want to. I really think I could if I didnt drink anymore. Also dipped in college, about 1 1/2 cans a day. I quit that by reverting back to smoking.

I did once quit smoking and drinking at the same time. It really helped then, but 6 months later I was smoking again.

This time I thought I would do that, but after 3 or 4 days I was drinking pretty regularly.

It wasn't easy by any means, but it's just me and my wife now. It's not like I'm still hanging out in a group that all smokes at the bar every night. That always makes it harder.

When you're ready to quit and mean it, it will be a lot easier psychologically, but it still won't be EASY.

I used to do the doubleheader: smoking and dipping. I started dipping when I was 11, and can't stop it :( Smoking starting when I was partying in college, and I was able to quit for good about 4 years ago, cold turkey. The smoking is no problem, but the dipping, I'm screwed. I've tried to stop but can't.

I have smoked a cigar before and smoke shisha out of a hooka before, and for whatever reason developed a sensitivity to tobacco not long after that. It's not life-threatening but if I'm around tobbaco smoke for more than a few seconds, my sinuses will close up for a good 24 hours or so. I didn't mind the taste of the cigar or shisha, but if I didn't have my mild allergy I still wouldn't smoke them because I didn't find them that appealing either.

I also grew up with parents who smoked which may have slowly contributed to my eventual light allergy to the smoke. I personally have no problem with people using tobacco, smokeless or otherwise. It's their life. I think it's unhealthy but it's not my place to tell other people what to do. However, I do prefer that people keep their smoking strictly in designated areas.

If I go to a bar or walk by someone on a city street who is smoking, I don't give it a second thought. The city streets are open enough that the smoke doesn't bother me, and as for the bar it's my responsibility to avoid areas that I know will affect my allergies and if I choose to go to a smoking area, I know to accept the consequences.

On the other side of that, if someone lights up in an area that is clearly designated as non-smoking, I will be the first to tell them to put it out. The worst is outside of hospitals. People walk right out front, stand under the no smoking sign and light up.

Archived