Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Frost

elkabong82

Derrick Frost

Continue to make my rounds of calls and emails but there is nothing going on right now.

G Jason Fabini may make a free agent trip this week (Miami has shown interest). Nothing seems to be up with LB Randall Godfrey or S Pierson Prioleau right now. There have been recent talks wiith P Derrick Frost, but the Skins are not budging, sources said,

They made a bare-bones initial offer and it stands. Frost has lower his price but for now sits out there s a a free agent. Doubtful he will generate significant interest so he may be left with no choice but to come back to them at some point, same thing that happend to Rock Cartwright.

Skins will eventually sign some back-up O Linemen, but that could happen anytime before the start of OTAs.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

If We can get 2 extra 7th round picks for compensation, i wouldn't complain drafting the best punter and kicker in college in that round.

Nor would I. Frost will come back for a very low amount, bring in a 7th rounder to compete. Though I thought I remembered JLC saying before that the team was looking at bringing in a vet to compete with Frost.

I still say hang on to Frost though, continue to develop him, he is young, and given the shelf life of punters, he has time to improve.

I still cant believe Frost thought someone else wanted him. Some people just have delusions. Godfrey and PP are some valuable depth that id like to see us keep. Im not sure what "nothing seems to be up with them" is supposed to mean. Did he ask "Whats up?" and they said "Nothing."?

If We can get 2 extra 7th round picks for compensation, i wouldn't complain drafting the best punter and kicker in college in that round.

I don't think we need a place-kicker, but a punter in the 7th or UDFA is a good idea. I'd like to see Frost return though - he's been steady enough and has made no major mistakes the last couple of years.

Frost's showing in 2007 was far better than 2006.

Lets hope he can continue the trend.

Yea I don't understand where all the Frost haters are coming from. He was about an average punter last year looking at league wide stats, and he finally got some consistency. Its great that we can back him down to a tiny contract, but I'd still rather just keep him around or use a UDFA as competition. Would not want to see any extra assets spent on punting or placekicking this offseason.

I'm glad to see JLC was smoking crack when he wrote this column. Check out all the misspellings!

I really think that we could find a decent punter that goes undrafted or maybe draft one if we get a compensation pick in the seventh. There are so many guys that in the punting business that come out of nowhere, like Andy Lee for the 49ers

Did I hear correctly that Frost was the #1 Punter in the NFL? I know I've read that somewhere. You'd think the #1 Punter would generate SOME interest.

Someone should teach J.C. to punt :D

I thought I'd heard something similar at some point, but it doesn't seem so (looking at his stats). http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jsessionid=A5AD10E0BDFACAEC1654C0834EC5EEC6?season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&statisticPositionCategory=PUNTER&tabSeq=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PUNTING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1

He ranked 32nd in AVG (41.0) and 25th in Net AVG (36.4).

Can't imagine too many teams would go gaga over that.

I don't think we need a place-kicker, but a punter in the 7th or UDFA is a good idea. I'd like to see Frost return though - he's been steady enough and has made no major mistakes the last couple of years.

We need a kicker more than a Punter.

I think kicker and punter are the least of our problems...Suisham ranked in tops for the league -- cheap and is young -- There's not many other kickers in the league I would take over him.

If Frost wouldn't have to punt from midfield-in every drive, he would be better off avg. wise as well

I think kicker and punter are the least of our problems...Suisham ranked in tops for the league -- cheap and is young -- There's not many other kickers in the league I would take over him.

If Frost wouldn't have to punt from midfield-in every drive, he would be better off avg. wise as well

Does this mean we should stall more drives near our own goal line? Every punter has to kick from midfield.

I would like to see Frost signed and brought to camp. I definitely think we should bring someone into camp that can legitimitely compete as well. I like Frosty and think he's getting better but no one should be given a job at any position. Competition should be bringing out the best in everyone.

What in the world are you talking about? Suisham had one of the best seasons a Redskin kicker has had. He was over 80% last year in a position we have had trouble with for years and years. We need to keep him. We finally have a kicker were we dont expect him to miss every field goal.

What in the world are you talking about? Suisham had one of the best seasons a Redskin kicker has had. He was over 80% last year in a position we have had trouble with for years and years. We need to keep him. We finally have a kicker were we dont expect him to miss every field goal.

missed a 30 yd FG in the playoffs. the biggest game for him in his short NFL career

missed a 30 yd FG in the playoffs. the biggest game for him in his short NFL career

He missed a FG? I cant rememer the last time an NFL kicker missed a FG! We should definately cut him. Come to think of it, there is no excuse for young players to make mistakes...Usually thats what vets do. Experience means nothing. We gave him his one shot, he put up the best numbers a Redskins kicker has in 26 years, and he blew it. I agree completely. :doh:

Ok, im done.

He missed a FG? I cant rememer the last time an NFL kicker missed a FG! We should definately cut him. Come to think of it, there is no excuse for young players to make mistakes...Usually thats what vets do. Experience means nothing. We gave him his one shot, he put up the best numbers a Redskins kicker has in 26 years, and he blew it. I agree completely. :doh:

Ok, im done.

a 30 yd FG for an NFL kicker is really unexcuseable, especially in the biggest moments of the game.

Archived