Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Frost

elkabong82

missed a 30 yd FG in the playoffs. the biggest game for him in his short NFL career

Suisham is young. He can't get better? He missed a field goal in the playoffs, so that means his career is over? C'mon. It was his first playoff game, maybe he had jitters. Like I said though, he is young, and should get better. Besides, during the regular season he did well. Suisham does have things to work on, but we could do much, much worse at the position. What happened to developing our young talent?

What about the kicks Suishy nailed in the 4 games leading up to the playoffs? He nailed a 50 yarder in the Giants game when their receivers couldn't adjust to the ball well cuz of the terrible winds.

You want a punter in the draft, here's one that will do well in then NFL, I think:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/p/mikedragosavich.html

Punter | Senior | North Dakota St. Mike Dragosavich

Height: 6-51/2 | Weight: 212 | 40-Time: 4.85

Official Bio

Strengths:

Has excellent size and a big frame...Displays and strong and powerful leg...Great accuracy and placement...Very productive...Good athlete...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:

Did not play against top competition...Didn't average many attempts the past two years...Needs to speed up his motion...Had a few punts blocked during his career.

Notes:

Nickname is "Drago"...Would have led Division I-AA in punting average as a junior and finished second as a senior if he had enough attempts..Is just the third Bison player to take part in the Senior Bowl..One of the top sleeper prospects available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Statistics

Year GP Punts Yds Avg Lg IN20 BLK

2003 DNP - - - - - -

2004 11 54 2,229 41.3 63 16 1

2005 11 47 2,186 46.5 79 20 1

2006 11 30 1,385 46.2 67 14 0

2007 11 27 1,225 45.4 70 11 1

Totals 44 158 7,025 44.5 79 61 3

a 30 yd FG for an NFL kicker is really unexcuseable, especially in the biggest moments of the game.

It can be argued that without his clutch kicks in SEVERAL close and OT games, we wouldn't have even tasted the post season.

Also, look at Nate Kaeding, the young kicker of the Chargers. He missed a chippie too in an OT playoff game, and he's been kicking at a probowl level ever since

Does this mean we should stall more drives near our own goal line? Every punter has to kick from midfield.

I would like to see Frost signed and brought to camp. I definitely think we should bring someone into camp that can legitimitely compete as well. I like Frosty and think he's getting better but no one should be given a job at any position. Competition should be bringing out the best in everyone.

I'll start by saying, i agree about competition if they guy is under 28 in age.

it's saying we need to worry about a redzone wr threat and execute better from the 50 on. We get close to field goal range....we punt---> we get close to touchdown...we kick a fg.

It's shows that we need a bigger (or better target in this area of the field) and not allow our quarterback to continue to make errant/stupid throws short of the line around this area (aka little dumps to sellers, betts that go nowhere -- some was play calling but you can't say that all of these were designed)

You want a punter in the draft, here's one that will do well in then NFL, I think:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/p/mikedragosavich.html

Punter | Senior | North Dakota St. Mike Dragosavich

Height: 6-51/2 | Weight: 212 | 40-Time: 4.85

Official Bio

Strengths:

Has excellent size and a big frame...Displays and strong and powerful leg...Great accuracy and placement...Very productive...Good athlete...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:

Did not play against top competition...Didn't average many attempts the past two years...Needs to speed up his motion...Had a few punts blocked during his career.

Notes:

Nickname is "Drago"...Would have led Division I-AA in punting average as a junior and finished second as a senior if he had enough attempts..Is just the third Bison player to take part in the Senior Bowl..One of the top sleeper prospects available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Statistics

Year GP Punts Yds Avg Lg IN20 BLK

2003 DNP - - - - - -

2004 11 54 2,229 41.3 63 16 1

2005 11 47 2,186 46.5 79 20 1

2006 11 30 1,385 46.2 67 14 0

2007 11 27 1,225 45.4 70 11 1

Totals 44 158 7,025 44.5 79 61 3

Uh... his nickname is Drago. That's all I needed to see. Let's draft this guy!

:)

I like how he weaknesses mentions he didn't play against top competition. Unless he was kicking a nerf ball, I don't really care who was rushing in on the guy.

Those stats are pretty impressive. Someone I'll keep an eye on, thanks for the info. :cheers:

Edit: Those stats are REALLY impressive. To land more that 33% of your punts inside the 20 but still have a 44.5 kicking average is amazing.

a 30 yd FG for an NFL kicker is really unexcuseable, especially in the biggest moments of the game.

I'm still bitter about that miss, but Suisham is our best option.

Even if we tried to replace him, how would we do that?

In the draft? The Chiefs drafted Medlock in the middle rounds, UCLA kicker last year, and he couldn't even make the roster because of how inconsistent he is. Nugent struggled early. Keating did too.

In FA Josh Brown is already gone.

At this point we'd only be able to do a half-assed job at trying to replace Suisham. NOBODY wants to see that revolving door at kicker anymore. It's fine to expect greatness, but we have to also recognize improvement.

Suisham is the best kicker we've had here in probably a decade. For his first full year kicking to drop 80% is pretty impressive. If he gets ANY better, we'll have an elite kicker.

I'm no expert but didn't see much directional "out of bounds" and "back spin" punting from him to pin teams inside the 10, 15 or even 20.

If you don't have a leg to boom it then you'd think he would have some sort of accuracy.

I think Frost is average to below and we should look elsewhere.

:2cents:

What in the world are you talking about? Suisham had one of the best seasons a Redskin kicker has had. He was over 80% last year in a position we have had trouble with for years and years. We need to keep him. We finally have a kicker were we dont expect him to miss every field goal.

He's ok from 40 yards in, but he can't be counted on. He's a lower eschelon kicker in the NFL.

I like how he weaknesses mentions he didn't play against top competition. Unless he was kicking a nerf ball, I don't really care who was rushing in on the guy.

lol, I was thinking the very same thing. So if hes playing top competition the football doesnt fly as far? Maybe the grass is softer...better teams have windier stadiums...they play in lower elevation cities...they look more intimidating.

Sometimes you have to wonder what the people that write that are thinking.

Archived