Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

December 21, 2012

DTN Redskin

No one knows for sure however I don't like your lazy refusal of the core of what MANY important and more powerful people than everyone here combined believe to happen. You just joke around like anyone else. The world ending is not a joke nor should it be treated like one. You're welcome for me adding to your post count though.

Hey, I'm very important and powerful. Just ask tarhog, he's met me, and will confirm my greatness.

I'll say it again. Pack your ****, 2009 will be here soon. And there's nothing you can do about it. mwahahaha!

No one knows for sure however I don't like your lazy refusal of the core of what MANY important and more powerful people than everyone here combined believe to happen. You just joke around like anyone else. The world ending is not a joke nor should it be treated like one. You're welcome for me adding to your post count though.

DTN - I respect other's beliefs, seriously. But what makes this particular opinion, no matter who it's held by, respectable or important? History has shown, repeatedly, that these kinds of prophecies are nonsense. Thats been a fact to date. What makes this one different, and what does someone's general reputation have to do with it? Serious question....

DTN - I respect other's beliefs, seriously. But what makes this particular opinion, no matter who it's held by, respectable or important? History has shown, repeatedly, that these kinds of prophecies are nonsense. Thats been a fact to date. What makes this one different, and what does someone's general reputation have to do with it? Serious question....
Because there are NUMEROUS prophesies for this particular date along with the end of the Mayan calendar. Generally prophesies have been incorrect in a singular fashion. It is quite bizarre that there are numerous credible prophets and a complete culture who are pinpointing a particular timeframe (Dec 21-2012.) Also throw in science for a date that is rare also with polar shifting on our Earth a very real possibility. I usually don't buy crap like this but this one really got my attention. Thanks for a real response.

Well I claim that it will actually be on Dec 30th, 2009.

now, what facts do you have that lead you to belive that the physical events in my date will in fact not happen?

:munchout:

Okay, what can you link or post that is factual, besides your claim that the world will end on Dec 30th, 2009.

I ask this, since you have refused to demonstrate anything constructive in debunking the OP linked information.

Again, I am not stating that anyone is correct or incorrect. I am asking if anyone can prove or disprove the theory tendered. You are offering an unfounded assertion as evidence that the world will end before then at a date you put forward. What makes you offer that date? Where is your evidence?

:doh:

...If I'm not mistaken, it just the end of their long count calendar right? Yeah, according to them humans are supposed to ascend to a higher level or some crap, but then another long count begins (just like our calendar starts over every 365/6 days). I haven't read anything about them claiming it's the end of the world.

Or did I miss that part?

Because there are NUMEROUS prophesies for this particular date along with the end of the Mayan calendar. Generally prophesies have been incorrect in a singular fashion. It is quite bizarre that there are numerous credible prophets and a complete culture who are pinpointing that timeframe. Also throw in science for a date that is rare also with polar shifting on our Earth a very real possibility. I usually don't buy crap like this but this one really got my attention. Thanks for a real response.

I agree it's interesting - to be fair, ALL of the prophecies (save one) are doomed to be wrong :) It's the ultimate Super Bowl bet.... What I find though is that, if you focus on something enough, you find all kinds of supporting evidence, which in isolation means nothing.

I'm guessing the same is true here. The universe will end....when it ends....a million years from now. Humans won't be around to observe it or to worry about it - thats a far more likely, although less palatable or popular scenario IMHO.

...If I'm not mistaken, it just the end of their long count calendar right? Yeah, according to them humans are supposed to ascend to a higher level or some crap, but then another long count begins (just like our calendar starts over every 365/6 days). I haven't read anything about them claiming it's the end of the world.

Or did I miss that part?

The original article in this thread suggests that it is a possiblity due to "polar shifting" which would cause numerous disasters on Earth as we know it making much of inhabitable and destroying much of mankind. I get frustrated because mankind often thinks it is above science, God, and the course of nature which is terribly wrong.

The original article in this thread suggests that it is a possiblity due to "polar shifting" which would cause numerous disasters on Earth as we know it making much of inhabitable and destroying much of mankind.

Does it provide any evidence to back up that claim? I'm not seeing it.

What I am seeing is a bunch of buzz words that are supposed scare people who aren't well versed in astronomy.

I get frustrated because mankind often thinks it is above science, God, and the course of nature which is terribly wrong.

Of course we're not. But we're talking about the Mayans (a people - a people who couldn't even predict their own demise), and a calendar (a human invention).

I personally dont mind if we get wiped out. We have 4 full years to go. Thats a long time with a Democrat in the white house. People waste so much time day in-day out and now weve got four years. I read all the perspectives on this huge event and the thing that makes it real is that the earths gravational sphere is going to actually reverse itself. Prepare for that, It will be mind boggling and possibly wipe out millions. Hava a nice day. :):)

I read all the perspectives on this huge event and the thing that makes it real is that the earths gravational sphere is going to actually reverse itself.

What's a gravitational sphere?

And if it reverses will stuff fall up and put the airlines out of business?

the end of what cycle? of what calendar system? according to whom?

not challenging your assertion, just looking for more information so that I can do a proper job of researching it.

The end of the Mayan calendar system. It's broken down into 5 5000 year intervals of the 26000 year astrological cycle. It's the way the Earth tilts on it's poles and what part of the sky we see.

If you really want to get a mind job, take a look at the age of zodiac signs. Many say we are in the age of Pisces, or the fish (i.e. Abrahamic religions, the fish). When we move to the next age, which I believe is Aries or Aqurious, it is believed that faith in religion will die out fairly quickly. That's just another look in it.

But from a scientific aspect, it's just the Earth completing a full circle in it's northern pole tilt. Of course, if you think about a circle going in a circle, it's always completing that cycle. :2cents: But it's what the Mayans used to tell time, the sky and how it's viewed from Earth.

What's a gravitational sphere?

And if it reverses will stuff fall up and put the airlines out of business?

Look dude. It's going to reverse itself. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!!

Like, compasses will be backwards and ****.

Total chaos.

The end of the Mayan calendar system. It's broken down into 5 5000 year intervals of the 26000 year astrological cycle. It's the way the Earth tilts on it's poles and what part of the sky we see.

???

According to who?

But from a scientific aspect, it's just the Earth completing a full circle in it's northern pole tilt. Of course, if you think about a circle going in a circle, it's always completing that cycle. :2cents: But it's what the Mayans used to tell time, the sky and how it's viewed from Earth.

Still trying to find where anything says that's the basis for the Mayan calendar...

But here's what you're talking about (and more)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_of_the_equinoxes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_wobble

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_motion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_star

At the present time, Polaris is the pole star in the northern direction. Its mean position (taking account of precession and proper motion) will reach a maximum declination of +89°32'23", so 1657" or 0.4603° from the celestial north pole, in February 2102. (Its current declination is +89°15'50.8".) Its maximum apparent declination (taking account of nutation and aberration) will be +89°32'50.62", so 1629" or 0.4526° from the celestial north pole, on 24 March 2100.

Opps...not 2012, but 2102.

???

According to who?

Still trying to find where anything says that's the basis for the Mayan calendar...

But here's what you're talking about (and more)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_of_the_equinoxes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_wobble

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_motion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_star

Opps...not 2012, but 2102.

dude, you are citing wikipedia.... don't act like a scholar in the field b/c you searched 5 topics on wikipedia.

Mine seems to be stuck on 4564. Can you explain?

Archived