Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

December 21, 2012

DTN Redskin

no I refuse to believe that crap. In 2012 I'll only be 22. Screw that. My life will have just began.

I agree.

Plus, I read some archeoastrologer's long paper about how that date coincides with some star or something being in the center of our galaxy, yada yada. I also believe that he said that some people believe that the reason the Mayans stopped on that date is it that their calendar will just recycle around, OR they got wiped out before they could finish it.

Like SF07, I refuse to believe that the end of the world thing is anything more than a mound of horse ****. I'm trying to have kids some day.

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

If anyone is interested in reading it.

EDIT: I just read what he posted, and, had I not emptied my bowels earlier, I'd be scared ****less. Someone with more knowledge want to comment on this?

KINGBRICE, WHERE ARE YOU?

Oh dear ...

So the Mayan calendar "ends" on that date. But there are plenty of Mayan artifacts that talk about dates further into the future. So clearly the Mayans "end" didn't mean the end of the world. In fact the Mayan Calendar worked on a cycle and a new cycle would begin on that date. Microsoft Windows doesn't like dates after 2099. So the Microsoft calendar "ends" then. What does Bill Gates know?

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies said:

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle. (To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday is) "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2007-03-27-maya-2012_n.htm

Regarding the Sun ... the next solar maximum will not occur on December 21 2012. It will occur sometime over the period 2010-2012. Regarding the threat of the solar maximum, think how bad the destruction and devastation was at the time of previous maxima in 2001, 1991, 1980, 1969, 1958, etc. Each time life on Earth was destroyed. Not.

Of course the Mayans thought it was going to end on 12.21.2012.

The numbers match up great, they believed what they wanted to.

The reality is, no, the world will not end in 2012. Anyone who thinks that is blinded by reality. We will still be here 20 years from now. Promise.

This seems like something Al Gore needs to get ahold of.

There I politicized this. Done.

That will be his platform as he runs for president in 2012. When nothing happens they will request a revote, and the Supreme Court will rule against him and Arnold Schwarzenagger will become the first ever foreigner to ever become president, but he will serve as President only one day, because on January 21, 2013, the world will end just as predicted.:)

It is very convienent and natural to dismiss this whole thing as "silly." However after doing some research there are NUMEROUS phrophesies that result in this date. Very interesting nonetheless and should not be dismissed without analysis at least. Thanks to all for the input and any opinion is a respected one.

After watching a story about this on the history channel a while back, my dad and I were joking about how there's going to be one hell of a family reunion for his 60th birthday, Dec. 21, 2012. :laugh:

In all seriousness, though, I don't buy into this Mayan belief at all. I'm a Christian and I believe Jesus when he says in Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

It is very convienent and natural to dismiss this whole thing as "silly."

It is silly in the absence of any facts.

However after doing some research there are NUMEROUS phrophesies that result in this date. Very interesting nonetheless and should not be dismissed without analysis at least.

This is NOT true. The Mayans did NOT foretell the end of the World as I've already demonstrated.

The Solar Maximum will NOT occur on that date specifically and solar maximums are something that occur on an eleven year cycle appoximately.

The Sun will NOT be aligning with the galactic plane on 2012.

Do you believe in astrology?

You know what's really freaky about this...

The ancient chinese book the I Ching has been used to calculate the world will end on December 21, 2012 also. AND recently, some Princeton astronomers found out that on December 21, 2012, the Earth will be in total alignment with the sun and the center of the milky way galaxy... they just don't know what that means will happen. But some of the are predicting pole shifting. yikes.

It is very convienent and natural to dismiss this whole thing as "silly." However after doing some research there are NUMEROUS phrophesies that result in this date. Very interesting nonetheless and should not be dismissed without analysis at least. Thanks to all for the input and anyone opinion is a respected one.

That's true, I remeber that some Chinese guy did a whole bunch of mathematical formulas and ended up with that date as being a definative moment. In what? who knows.

You know what's really freaky about this...

The ancient chinese book the I Ching has been used to calculate the world will end on December 21, 2012 also. AND recently, some Princeton astronomers found out that on December 21, 2012, the Earth will be in total alignment with the sun and the center of the milky way galaxy... they just don't know what that means will happen. But some of the are predicting pole shifting. yikes.

Lots of scientists seem to think that there will be an extraordinary amount of gravitational pull, possibly crushing many things on earth.

Archived