Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

December 21, 2012

DTN Redskin

That would be on a friday.:doh:

oh well. There goes the "going out with a bang" idea. If we were going to be vaporized, wouldn't you want it to be at Fed ex with all the fellow Redskins faithful. We could all die happy as we look at the scoreboard and it reads Washington 52 and Dallas 3. Die with a smile on my face. :D

oh well. There goes the "going out with a bang" idea. If we were going to be vaporized, wouldn't you want it to be at Fed ex with all the fellow Redskins faithful. We could all die happy as we look at the scoreboard and it reads Washington 52 and Dallas 3. Die with a smile on my face. :D

I must admit that put a smile on my face. :D

It is silly in the absence of any facts.

This is NOT true. The Mayans did NOT foretell the end of the World as I've already demonstrated.

The Solar Maximum will NOT occur on that date specifically and solar maximums are something that occur on an eleven year cycle appoximately.

The Sun will NOT be aligning with the galactic plane on 2012.

Do you believe in astrology?

Web-bot accurately predicted 9-11, Hurricane Katrina and other events this decade and is ALREADY predicting a calamity for 2012. It is a highly advanced computer program that makes numerous predictions. Nostradamus, Merlin from Europe from the 16th century, and I Ching are all credible prophets who are pinpointing that timeframe. Even in Revelations one of the precursors involves the Earth and Sun which is exemplified on 12-21-2012. There is much more than just the end of the Mayan calendar.

Revelation 16:8-9 "And they fourth poured out his bowl upon the sun; and it was given to it to burn men with fire. And men were burned with great heat; and the blasphemed the name of God Who has the authority over these plagues; and they did not repent to give Him glory."

Web-bot accurately predicted 9-11, Hurricane Katrina and other events this decade and is ALREADY predicting a calamity for 2012. It is a highly advanced computer program that makes numerous predictions. Nostradamus, Merlin from Europe from the 16th century, and I Ching are all credible prophets who are pinpointing that timeframe. Even in the Bible one of the precursors involves the Earth and Sun which is exemplified on 12-21-2012. There is much more than just the end of the Mayan calendar.

Oh lord... Now we're basing our beliefs off of a computer program that "predicts" that the end of the world is 2012?

How can you say a "prophet" is "credible"? Because they "hear from God"?

Sorry dude, that's all the LCD that these people take to go to a higher place and "talk to God" and "see the future". It has nothing to do with being a prophet.

Don't even get me started on the bible. Believe what you want, I'm telling you it BS.

Really? :laugh:

Care to share who?

Just people they had on the history channel. Im a sucker for all these so called prophecy shows they are always showing.

That does sound very impressive and scientific. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Doesn't it?:D

If you read the post above mine, which was written at the same time, and he knows more about it than I do.

I was simply stating that I had heard the same thing and tried to be somewhat specific by saying I knew he was chinese.

People like to say its the end of the world because as a race we are simply obsessed with the end. The Myans are given credibility because they were such good astronomers. I think their calendar is more accurate than the one we use know (not sure though).

It essentially is suppose to mark a new Mayan epoch that will be an age of enlightenment.

Don't even get me started on the bible. Believe what you want, I'm telling you it BS.
Well then you believe what you want. If you want to dismiss the Bible and the word of God do so in your own ignorance. I don't know if the world is going to truly end in 2012 just interesting nonetheless. Do you think the Bible was created for fun? No it was created to educate all of us on our higher being and our beloved Christ.

Web-bot accurately predicted 9-11, Hurricane Katrina and other events this decade and is ALREADY predicting a calamity for 2012. It is a highly advanced computer program that makes numerous predictions. Nostradamus, Merlin from Europe from the 16th century, and I Ching are all credible prophets who are pinpointing that timeframe.

Predictions that can only be understood after the event occurs are not genuine predictions. Anything couched in sufficiently general terms, as Nostradamus and others liked to do, can be interpreted to be what you want in hindsight. That is all your 'sources' offer; no actionable knowledge, just quackery.

Dude I'm genuinely sorry that you have no grasp of what is real and what can be confused for being real.

Perhaps if you had paid more attention in school you might understand what comprises rational thought and testable hypotheses.

:2cents:

Well, I know a lot of people believe different things. I know I found the truth as a young man when I was 15 in the words of Zaeger & Evans.

In the year 2525

If man is still alive.

If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535

Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies.

Everything you think, do and say, is in the pill you took today.

In the year 4545

Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes.

You won't find a thing to chew.

Nobody's gonna look at you.

In the year 5555

Your arms hanging limp at your sides.

Your legs got nothing to do.

Some machine doing that for you.

In the year 6565

Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife.

You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too.

From the bottom of a long glass tube. Whoa-oh

In the year 7510

If God's a-comin, he oughta make it by then.

Maybe he'll look around himself and say.

Guess it's time for the judgment day.

In the year 8510

God is gonna shake his mighty head.

He'll either say.I'm pleased where man has been.

Or tear it down and start again. Whoa-oh

In the year 9595

I'm kinda wonderin if man is gonna be alive.

He's taken everything this old Earth can give.

And he ain't put back nothing. Whoa-oh

Now it's been ten thousand years

Man has cried a billion tears.

For what he never knew,

now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night.

The twinkling of starlight.

So very far away.

Maybe it's only yesterday.

In the year 2525

If man is still alive.

If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535 {fade}

So see? We still have almost 8,000 years. :)

Perhaps if you had paid more attention in school you might understand what comprises rational thought and testable hypotheses.

:2cents:

Maybe if you paid more attention to anything other than your own selfish life you'd understand that there is alot more to this world and our being than just you. Everything should be considered and digested and not just thrown to the side due to the highly technologically advanced world we live in.

Well then you believe what you want. If you want to dismiss the Bible and the word of God do so in your own ignorance. I don't know if the world is going to truly end in 2012 just interesting nonetheless. Do you think the Bible was created for fun? No it was created to educate all of us on our higher being and our beloved Christ.

Sorry I'm dismissing a book that was "Written by man, but inspired by God"... I was raised a Protestant Christian, I've read the book... I know what it says.

Btw, no I don't think that it was created for fun... It was created to control a massive amount of people.

Maybe if you paid more attention to anything other than your own selfish life you'd understand that there is alot more to this world and our being than just you. Everything should be considered and digested and not just thrown to the side due to the highly technologically advanced world we live in.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Easy there. I considered your posts seriously and took the trouble to provide specific points explaining that the Mayan calendar, solar activity and galactic alignment are not events for which 12/21/2012 are important.

Technological advancement is only relevant to this discussion in understanding the astronomical facts. Reason and enlightenment are of value here too.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Easy there. I considered your posts seriously and took the trouble to provide specific points explaining that the Mayan calendar, solar activity and galactic alignment are not events for which 12/21/2012 are important.

Technological advancement is only relevant to this discussion in understanding the astronomical facts. Reason and enlightenment are of value here too.

Your opinion is respected and no hostility here. Thanks for the input and I didn't mean to dog you for it if you took it that way. Interesting stuff for all.

This is considered a personal attack and it is not a good strategy. :)

Okay I have some time to kill. I read it all.

... it soon took a turn that made my hair literally stand on end.

Literally? Did somebody get a photo of that? Is this him?

HairOnEnd.jpg

First of all, wasn't it already pretty much accepted throughout the scientific community a few years ago that our sun actually has only eight planets? This guy is smart enough to find all this, but he's not smart enough to update his site?

All that other stuff -- the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn relative to the Sun, the passing of our solar system through the middle of the milky way disc, the sunspot activity and solar flares -- all this is going to peak on exactly Dec 21, 2012? BS. I don't buy it.

The writer is pushing his agenda - he's looking for examples to fit his story. But Jupiter and Saturn are not going to be aligned on that date, they're nowhere near being aligned as his own example shows.

wspace.jpg

Also, there's no evidence that being centered in the milky way disk thickness is going to cause problems relative to gravity. Again, I'm no scientist, but when I look up and see the milky way, it's running north to south - it's nearly perpendicular to our own solar system's plane. This seems to contradict the other points in his argument. It's not like we're being sucked into the center of the galaxy or something.

And he says this never happened before? In the history of the galaxy? Come on. I am no scientist, but I'll bet you twenty bucks our solar system has passed through this galaxy disk median at some point.

The key to his whole argument is here:

Most solar flares are small. But even a small flare can be dangerous. In 1989 a flare hit the North American continent and fried electric lines, zapped power grids in the US and Canada, and created large power backouts. ... In theory, a large flare impacting the Earth could zap the ionosphere (there goes all the satellites, cellphones, GPS...) and irradiate the surface, killing every living organism that it touched.

In theory? If it's a theory, then how come he's reporting it as fact?

Crock.

Um, I am not an astronomer or an astrologist. If the person who wrote the link is incorrect, I wish someone would post a link or links that show what the position of the solar system plantets and solar plane will look like on that date, and with respect to the galactic plane.

Also, to the poster above, all things are theory until you can prove it by it testing it over and over (or observing it over and over if you can't test it by your own actions/influence).

Some things may be accepted as fact (like gravity), but they are theory as well (granted, the theory appears to hold true for any set of conditions that we can create, influence or experience, and I typically accept it as factual).

It would certainly be hard to know for sure if passing through the galactic plane has or will create any issues for us. Any records we have available and have knowledge of do not give us any information on this (at least as far as I am aware, and I could be wrong).

I wonder if beginning to approach the galactic plane is creating the phenomena that some call "global warming"?

This is considered a personal attack and it is not a good strategy. :)
He attacked me personally initially with the following comment: "Perhaps if you had paid more attention in school you might understand what comprises rational thought and testable hypotheses." Him and I are on good terms now and nothing of substance should be derived from our comments.

Archived