Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kffl:Jim Wyatt reports:Team showing interest in WR Justin McCareins

michael_33

He is a good reciever. We wouldn't have to pay alot for him. He is 6'2 and HAS contributed as a #2 and #3 reciever before. Shall I go on?

Good point.

The guy didn't really play in strong passing offenses with the Jets and Titans. They didn't have the best QBs either. I like what he could bring to the table in his size and experience. Why is everybody against depth and competition? We saw what happened last year with injuries to the WRs. I wouldn't mind having: Moss, ARE, Caldwell, Mix, McCareins, and a draft pick all on the roster come week 1.

Good point.

The guy didn't really play in strong passing offenses with the Jets and Titans. They didn't have the best QBs either. I like what he could bring to the table in his size and experience. Why is everybody against depth and competition? We saw what happened last year with injuries to the WRs. I wouldn't mind having: Moss, ARE, Caldwell, Mix, McCareins, and a draft pick all on the roster come week 1.

I agree, although I'd want to wait until Mix actually, you know, caught a pass for the Redskins before I'd say I was comfortable with him taking up a wr roster spot lol :)...

Well, Elfin wrote in his blog that Vinny is denying this rumor. While it might be possible that they did talk to his agent, he said that he's not coming in.

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/2008/03/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz_david_elfin.html

Jason

Vinny has already debunked this rumor

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Good!

I'd rather see us attack another FA or draft someone at the WR position. I also wouldn't mind seeing some of these young guys (Espy or Mix) step up and win a spot on the roster.

Because he would be an inexpensive pickup in Free Agency, giving us a little more depth at WR. I wouldn't mind picking him up. :helmet:

Why would you pick up a guy that only caught 41% of his passes last year? Even if he is cheap, why bother? Just for another warm body to throw to? I don't think so.

I believe Vinny when he debunked this rumor. I don't know why we'd want to sign McCareins outside of the fact he'd probably be economical. I don't recall anything spectacular about this player.

That aside, I would be grinning if for some reason he got signed. It would be nothing about Justin or the FO, rather I'd be amused to see how ES folks wound up spelling "McCareins."

Heck, spelling Prioleau already gives some folks plenty of problems.

Archived